Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 21, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #1,381 of 42,765
Does Mojo improve when burned in?!

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #1,382 of 42,765
Dang...probably better to buy a used Hugo
biggrin.gif

Surely used Hugo prices will take a hammering soon ? I actually went to buy a Hugo and dealer said look what's just arrived, I would still buy a Hugo as the limited comparison I did it was better but not unless the price drops considerably.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #1,384 of 42,765
I was going to wait until I'd caught up on this thread before posting some Mojo pics, but I'm getting a further 100 posts behind each day; what an impact this product has had. As some are aware, I was very fortunate to win the Shard event competition and represent Head-Fi at the event alongside Duncan. A magnificent day, and thanks to Chord again, and for the friendliness shown by everyone there. Anyway, before the Mojo release is old news, a few pictures from the hundred I took last week:

Johns Franks Mojo introduction

My first listen to Mojo

Happy listening!

An interesting chap I met and talked about plumbing, well tap lengths..... :wink:

And finally, Mojo and wine, a fantastic combination!

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #1,386 of 42,765
I note that the Brimar cables work with the Mojo and Hugo and the ZX2.
However how do I buy in the UK.
When I log on to the website it asks for the password?

I note there are two prices
Rectangular OCC Copper £80, Silver £120

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #1,387 of 42,765
I love how you're oblivious to the irony of you telling everyone else they're not hearing what they're hearing, it's new toy syndrome etc, but then bristling at the thought that anyone might suggest you're not hearing what you're hearing. While it gave me a chuckle, you can probably see that it makes you difficult to take seriously.

Also, those headphones are totally not resolving enough.

You Guys need to chill. Seriously. Its not like i insulted your Mothers. Take my next Comment with a grain of salt please. Sometimes i really think that some people here forgot
that they need to listen to their music, instead of their DAC's and Stuff. Dont get me wrong, i do appreciate to listen to well recorded music in high quality, but some of you guys seem
to listen to 1's and 0's. Thats the same thing with DSD and stuff like that. Yes, i get it. Most of you do have golden Ears and you can hear the fart of an ant, 200 miles away. And thats cool for you. But i did several A-B Blind-Tests under professionell conditions and had a hard time picking a 320kbps MP3 over a FLAC File. With Headphones like the HD800 or the Beyerdynamic T1. So if you Guys are hearing that much of an difference between the Mojo and say like an Oppo HA-2, then thats totally fine with me. But just dont start arguing with me, about how i perceive sound and about how i hear with my Ears.

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #1,388 of 42,765
Oct 21, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,389 of 42,765

Okay, so this picture is crying out for a "best caption" contest. There's just so much material you could run with. 

So fellow Head-Fi friends, what's the best/funniest caption you can come up with for this picture of the Mojo event at The Shard?

Cheers and thanks to @AndrewH13 for sharing his pics of the event

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #1,391 of 42,765

Okay, so this picture is crying out for a "best caption" contest. There's just so much material you could run with. 

So fellow Head-Fi friends, what's the best/funniest caption you can come up with for this picture of the Mojo event at The Shard?

Cheers and thanks to @AndrewH13 for sharing his pics of the event

She's saying "this sounds so good I can feel a break dance coming on", he's saying "no you can't there's lot's of serious men around with beards and golden ears, you will get us thrown out"

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #1,393 of 42,765
Sorry to interrupt, but anyone? I'm very interested in getting the mojo if it's significantly better than the ha2 and rivals the ha1 (which blew my mind).

It's definitely better than HA-2

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,394 of 42,765
Right. Today's update. My HA-2 is for sale here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/785203/oppo-ha-2

What has the Mojo done to my headphones ?

Sony MDR-1RNC - these have never sounded so full, punch al, detailed and engaging

AKG K702 - great match especially with female vocals and classical

ATH-M50x - the Mojo rocks these.

I prefer the Sony and Mojo.

Now while I have a few DSD tracks and a few flac tracks and they do sound better I use MP3 320bit rate. It's good enough and space saving too.

Someone asked about the Oppo HA-1 vs Mojo. I don't have the HA-1 anymore but when using it in balanced mode with the oppo balanced headphone cables with the Oppo PM2s , this combo was better.

But the HA-1 is a beast of a size whereas the Mojo is portable, fits in a pocket and is good enough etc.... Very good enough :grinning:

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #1,395 of 42,765

A few I thought of:

- "Who let in the dude wearing Beats?"
- "Wow, she's really rocking that air bass-guitar!"
- "Guy in the plaid shirt has some serious issues with his head." (look closely in the background)
- "He better not be trying to steal my Chord goodie-bag!"
- "Here, take a picture - the tap is about this long..."

Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back