Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 21, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,396 of 42,765

Okay, so this picture is crying out for a "best caption" contest. There's just so much material you could run with. 

So fellow Head-Fi friends, what's the best/funniest caption you can come up with for this picture of the Mojo event at The Shard?

Lady on the left is riffing 'Stairway to Heaven' on her air-guitar, and John is beatifically casting his gaze skywards, in appreciation, exclaiming "Hallelujah...Praise the Mojo!" 
biggrin.gif

Any more pics, Andrew?

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #1,397 of 42,765
Right. Today's update. My HA-2 is for sale here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/785203/oppo-ha-2

What has the Mojo done to my headphones ?

Sony MDR-1RNC - these have never sounded so full, punch al, detailed and engaging

AKG K702 - great match especially with female vocals and classical

ATH-M50x - the Mojo rocks these.

I prefer the Sony and Mojo.

Now while I have a few DSD tracks and a few flac tracks and they do sound better I use MP3 320bit rate. It's good enough and space saving too.

Someone asked about the Oppo HA-1 vs Mojo. I don't have the HA-1 anymore but when using it in balanced mode with the oppo balanced headphone cables with the Oppo PM2s , this combo was better.

But the HA-1 is a beast of a size whereas the Mojo is portable, fits in a pocket and is good enough etc.... Very good enough :grinning:

Thanks. I'll have to give the mojo an audition.

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #1,400 of 42,765
For all of us "patiently" awaiting our Mojos from Moon Audio, has anyone heard when the first batch is arriving other than "this week"?

Not yet. I ordered mine at 11:45am ET on the 14th. Eager of course, but also know that at the end of the day a delay of a week or so is not going to kill me (well, not totally). Cheers 

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,401 of 42,765
My order was placed at 12:09 EDT. Drew did respond to my email yesterday. He says the first batch is expected in 10 days. But, he doesn't know the size of the batch, so he can't commit on whether my order will be fulfilled in first batch.

I thought that Moon Audio website said first batch will be there in the week beginning 10/19/15 before I have ordered it?

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #1,403 of 42,765
I'm taking the Chord Hugo home from work to prepare for Mojo.
It will be interesting to test my CustomArt H8Pro's on it and compare afterwards when the Mojo comes in.
One advantage I have is that I can test gear all the time since we're a Chord dealer.
My first impressions of them together weren't great but it could be possible that the Hugo wasn't properly played in.
I'm going to give it a second try.
I'm much more interested in the small form factor and price ofcourse of the Mojo.
I'm curious between the differences of a smartphone USB OTG and optical out of an AK100II.
If they are too small it could be possible my AK will be sold.
It will have only one advantage left compared namely the ability to stream my entire hard drive directly over wifi to the device in any format, that's what I love about these things.
I hope I won't be disappointed about Mojo and the synergy with my iem's because it's the first time in years I've gotten so excited about a mobile product. 

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #1,404 of 42,765
Yes, its confusing.

Here is what I read in my mailing address:

Chord Mojo DAC headphone amp
1 Review(s) | Add Your Review

Update 10/19: 1st batch arrives this week. 2nd shipment close to sold out - arrives next week.

Orders are reserved on a first to order, first to ship basis. Order today to reserve your Mojo.

Chord Electronics new MoJo Digital Analog Converter (DAC) and headphone amp is something special. Audiophiles know Chord's Mojo's older brother, the Chord Hugo, well.

The Hugo set new standards for musicality, warmth and intimacy in digital music. If the Chord Hugo is portable, the Chord Mojo is ultra-portable with a smaller footprint, so small you can wrap your hand around.

Moon-Audio.com founder Drew Baird is in England listening to Mojo's introduction. He reports Chord Hugo's little brother's Mojo sounds amazing.

"Ridiculous," Drew just said from across the pond. Drew says his ears are on fire listening to Chord's new MoJo. Ridiculous and on fire in a GOOD WAY!

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #1,405 of 42,765
Does Mojo improve when burned in?!

I think so. The one I am listening to has opened up more after just 50 hours. Also I notice more retrieval of the "sound" of the acoustical space. Bass has tightened up and so on. I think anything needs some time. This while comparing it to a few other things so I know it isn't me but the component changing. 

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #1,406 of 42,765

I think so. The one I am listening to has opened up more after just 50 hours. Also I notice more retrieval of the "sound" of the acoustical space. Bass has tightened up and so on. I think anything needs some time. This while comparing it to a few other things so I know it isn't me but the component changing. 

Have 120 hours on mine and I noticed that to at about 100 hours.

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #1,407 of 42,765

Lady on the left is riffing 'Stairway to Heaven' on her air-guitar, and John is beatifically casting his gaze skywards, in appreciation, exclaiming "Hallelujah...Praise the Mojo!" 
biggrin.gif

Any more pics, Andrew?

Some great captions there guys, a few had me in stitches :wink:    

I'll dig a few more out when I'm back home Mython, but not sure others are quite as entertaining!

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #1,408 of 42,765
Ordered this afternoon here in the UK but just missed cut off time for delivery tomorrow so will be here on Friday.  

After reading Relics review can't wait to try with my Angie's.

Any recommendations on a reasonably priced USB OTG cable that works and is reliable?  I've owned a couple in the past that have been poor quality.

Looks like my HA-2 will be visiting the for sale section soon.

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #1,409 of 42,765
  Ordered this afternoon here in the UK but just missed cut off time for delivery tomorrow so will be here on Friday.  

After reading Relics review can't wait to try with my Angie's.

Any recommendations on a reasonably priced USB OTG cable that works and is reliable?  I've owned a couple in the past that have been poor quality.

Looks like my HA-2 will be visiting the for sale section soon.

This one works http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RX1H9ZS?ref_=pe_1909131_77697001_tnp_email_TE_AMZLdp_1

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #1,410 of 42,765
I'm taking the Chord Hugo home from work to prepare for Mojo.
It will be interesting to test my CustomArt H8Pro's on it and compare afterwards when the Mojo comes in.
One advantage I have is that I can test gear all the time since we're a Chord dealer.
My first impressions of them together weren't great but it could be possible that the Hugo wasn't properly played in.
I'm going to give it a second try.

What didn't you like about the combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back