Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 5, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #10,741 of 42,765
or buy the fiio l19 cable and forget about cck

A bit difficult getting hold of the Fiio cable outside of Asia. Hopefully Chord will be coming out with their add on soon which contains the CCK. There was a post a few pages back linking a Malaysian company selling an all in one cable similar to the taobao sellers but again won't ship to other countries

Feb 5, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #10,742 of 42,765
If I buy Mojo now do I still need a Camera Kit to connect to my iPhone 6S Plus or iPad Pro?

At the risk of being repetitive you can read the third post in the the thread. :rolleyes:

TL;DR you can use the camera to lightning adaptor, purchase a cable from Lavricables, wait for the FiiO L19 to be released worldwide (if ever), or wait for Chord's accessory. Chord's accessory, due out soon, doesn't replace the Apple lightning to camera adaptor but instead swallows it in a casing that butts up on the bottom of the Mojo. You can find all the relevant links for IOS devices connecting to the Mojo in the third post of this thread.

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #10,743 of 42,765
At the risk of being repetitive you can read the third post in the the thread.
rolleyes.gif

TL;DR you can use the camera to lightning adaptor, purchase a cable from Lavricables, wait for the FiiO L19 to be released worldwide (if ever), or wait for Chord's accessory. Chord's accessory, due out soon, doesn't replace the Apple lightning to camera adaptor but instead swallows it in a casing that butts up on the bottom of the Mojo. You can find all the relevant links for IOS devices connecting to the Mojo in the third post of this thread.

what chord accessories?

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #10,745 of 42,765
what chord accessories?

Hahaha! You can find that info in the third post as well!

I'll re-post it here:

http://blog.moon-audio.com/chord-mojo-review/

Plus there is an upcoming SD card accessory with a screen. Also, a Bluetooth accessory I believe.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #10,747 of 42,765

I'll re-post it here:

Plus there is an upcoming SD card accessory with a screen. Also, a Bluetooth accessory I believe.

thanks and when will this be released any news

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #10,748 of 42,765

I'll re-post it here:

thanks and when will this be released any news

I gather they will be staggered. In a recent interview John Franks mentioned the Lightning to camera adapter accessory was very close, but the SD card with a screen accessory was maybe 6-7 months away. I have no clue about the Bluetooth one.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #10,749 of 42,765
Been listening to my Mojo connected to a Emotiva Mini amp to power He-500 headphones and its a remarkable improvement over Musical Fidelity m1a + Vlink 192 combo.
And theres me thinking that the Musical Fidelity m1a was the dogs bollox.  The Mojo offers a less sterile sound and retrieves way more detail. 

I've not yet tried the He-500's connected directly to the Mojo (without the Emotiva Mini) as I don't have the right cable. Can anybody clarify that the He-500s are powered enough by the Mojo to be enjoyable or are they lacking somewhat?

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #10,750 of 42,765
  on a side note,  what is everyones average for the battery life for one use?  I have not tired mine out yet.  

5 hours max for me, I do a combination of streaming from youtube, streaming from bandcamp and playing HD FLAC through onkyo.  I wish I knew how you guys were getting 8+ hours off a single charge.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #10,751 of 42,765
Is the sound between bitperfect and not bitperfect easily audiable? Does mojo have anything to do with this bitperfect?

From the MOJO FAQ (Head fi search is your friend):

"Originally Posted by Rob Watts 

It is always better to give Mojo bit perfect files and let Mojo do the work, as the processing within Mojo is much more complex and sophisticated than a mobile or PC.

So when you have an app that has a volume control, and no bit perfect setting, then set it to full volume on the app on the assumption that this will keep the data closer to the original file.

The volume control function on Mojo is much more sophisticated than the PC as I employ noise shaping and I do the function at a very high internal sample rate. Hopefully using the volume set to max on the app will mean the volume coefficient is 1.0000000... so it will return the original data.

Rob 

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #10,752 of 42,765
I owned X5 2nd Gen, I want to ask which combo in following combos will provide the better SQ:
1. X5 2nd Gen & VorzAMP pure II +
2. X5 2nd Gen & Chord Mojo

I am sorry because I don't describe clearly my issue. With Mojo, I tried and know it is very good DAC/Amp, in this case X5ii is a digital transporter so the sound I will get almost depend on Mojo. With the VorzAMP PURE II, this is my concern, actually this amp is very good too but I don't know X5ii DAC is good enough to provide the good sound when I will hear (after amp), compare with Mojo.
I don't ask to compare Mojo and VorzAMP PURE II. I ask for the final sound I will get with 2 combos.
Do I describe enough clearly?
Thanks.

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #10,754 of 42,765
All these numbers are estimates and I'd say they are accurate to within 1hour.  Tonight I'm gonna charge it for until the light goes off and time how long it takes to go to zero again.

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #10,755 of 42,765
As to the battery.  Please remember it depends on how loud you play your music as well.  When you play your music louder it draws more current from the battery so it won't last as long.  If you guys really want to compare battery usage you should also state what colors your volume buttons are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back