Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 5, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #10,757 of 42,765

Hahaha! You can find that info in the third post as well!

I'll re-post it here:

http://blog.moon-audio.com/chord-mojo-review/

Plus there is an upcoming SD card accessory with a screen. Also, a Bluetooth accessory I believe.

thanks and when will this be released any news

I gather they will be staggered. In a recent interview John Franks mentioned the Lightning to camera adapter accessory was very close, but the SD card with a screen accessory was maybe 6-7 months away. I have no clue about the Bluetooth one.

@ hykhleif:  Regarding accessories, it's also well worth watching this:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/10485#post_12305181

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #10,758 of 42,765

Mr.Currawong,

My dear Amos, I just saw your Mojo video, excellent work there.  

I'm kinda fall'n for the Chord design concepts, the Mojo has Modules for you to report on.

I'll value your opinions.

Tony in Michigan  ( actually pulling the wagon for Bernie in New Hampshire ) 

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #10,759 of 42,765
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
As to the battery.  Please remember it depends on how loud you play your music as well.  When you play your music louder it draws more current from the battery so it won't last as long.  If you guys really want to compare battery usage you should also state what colors your volume buttons are.

I don't think this is true with the Mojo, as it operates as class A, right? This is why it runs cooler at higher volumes. Class A amps use all their power all the time, if it isn't going to the headphone, it gets converted to heat.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #10,760 of 42,765
  Loving the Mojo. Have a sticky (-) volume ball. Need to roll it around sometimes or it will stay depressed. Normal? Will it loosen up?

I had a sticky + volume. Scary moments with that. Thought I might kill my active speakers. .........However it loosened up with 36 hours. I noticed though that other people said theirs took weeks. I would not have tolerated that. I hated the panic and diving for the off button, and waiting a few seconds until it stopped playing. (All while my Speakers were distorting with overload signal on line-input. 2.2V max they take, and the Mojo at full I think is 5V.)

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #10,761 of 42,765
  As to the battery.  Please remember it depends on how loud you play your music as well.  When you play your music louder it draws more current from the battery so it won't last as long.  If you guys really want to compare battery usage you should also state what colors your volume buttons are.

I timed and got eight hours (and two minutes) playing CD FLAC. Volume out = about 2V. I set it to line level 3V, and then drop it by four clicks, which Chord said is about 1.9V.

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #10,762 of 42,765

I listen very quietly, mostly on double red, sometimes one yellow.

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #10,764 of 42,765

Why do you set it to line level?

I use it with desktop active speakers. I use the 2V input on them.

However I could use the 1V input on the speakers, and reduce power draw on the Mojo. It's a 3.5mm input so I would need to find a quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

I would want equal performance compared to the QED Reference Audio J2P 3.5mm to RCA that I use presently on 2V. (2V input is RCA connection.)

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #10,765 of 42,765

I use it with desktop active speakers. I use the 2V input on them.

However I could use the 1V input on the speakers, and reduce power draw on the Mojo. It's a 3.5mm input so I would need to find a quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

I would want equal performance compared to the QED Reference Audio J2P 3.5mm to RCA that I use presently on 2V. (2V input is RCA connection.)

If you switch it on normally it will remember the 2V level you set. No need to go to the preset level and adjust it each time.

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #10,767 of 42,765

@ hykhleif:  Regarding accessories, it's also well worth watching this:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/10485#post_12305181

honestly this is really interesting

for the first time i can not find one thing to point out being negative in a product

and people know me, i own a thing and my inner inspector gadget "Mr. Flaws" starts digging,  but the mojo man is passing and i declare it as clear and innocent from flaws ( dam it )   :), nothing to report about :)

i respect chord, oh also the oppo pm1 is flawless

Mr Flaws is busy with the ak380 and amp and its glorious eq that I am about to trash

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #10,768 of 42,765
  honestly this is really interesting

for the first time i can not find one thing to point out being negative in a product

and people know me, i own a thing and my inner inspector gadget "Mr. Flaws" starts digging,  but the mojo man is passing and i declare it as clear and innocent from flaws ( dam it )   :), nothing to report about :)

i respect chord, oh also the oppo pm1 is flawless

Mr Flaws is busy with the ak380 and amp and its glorious eq that I am about to trash

Haha nice. Sweet that a $600 mojo puts a $4,000 dap to shame isn't it?

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #10,769 of 42,765
I don't think this is true with the Mojo, as it operates as class A, right? This is why it runs cooler at higher volumes. Class A amps use all their power all the time, if it isn't going to the headphone, it gets converted to heat.

Yeah I'm not sure if it operates class A at all volume levels.  Hopefully someone from Chord can clarify this.

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #10,770 of 42,765

Haha nice. Sweet that a $600 mojo puts a $4,000 dap to shame isn't it?

no u got me wrong, i am not saying the ak380 is bad as without eq its really a dam good dap. Really one of the best sounding daps i ever heard, it really makes me smile alot and I am not kiddin

but mojo is so versatile and i can go nuts with it in different setups and player softwares 

but since of ak380's price my mr flaws is so busy digging for flaws in it as its a pricey unit so its getting more attention from me in regards to figuring out its flaws

Users who are viewing this thread

Back