Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 10, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #6,631 of 42,765
Somebody out there that has already experienced a Mojo driving a TH-X00?

Asking because both are on its way to join me :wink:

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #6,634 of 42,765
can i ask i am connecting the mojo to my note 3 with a micro usb - micro usb

when i want to stop listening to music is enough to just power of the mojo and shut down the note 3 but keeping the cable connected, or will the mojo drain battery from my note 3 even if both are turned off

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #6,635 of 42,765
I didn't read it all-just the bass impressions which I consider spot on.

That is where we will have to agree to disagree. :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #6,637 of 42,765
i am thinking which android phone has great specs to be used with the mojo and is small in size and i mean small and has good battery, as i use my mojo with note 3

any good suggestions for a small high end android phone small in size that will work as good as the note 3 with the mojo

Small high-end Android leaves you with the Sony Xperia Z Compacts. That's about it.

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #6,638 of 42,765
If you concentrate on only one aspect, you will always have a distorted view...

It's not my view I've seen the same type of comment in many mojo reviews. I still love my mojo for clarity/detail/timing, it's just not perfect for me. Which probably has something to do with the sun bass rumble I was used to from my iphone5. Mojo is still great, I'm not saying it'a bad at all.

This is probably what's happening: my CIEMs had more bass than the mojo so for me it's less sub bass when paired with mojo, your cans/Ciems were probably more neutral so to you it sounds like a sub bass increase.

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #6,639 of 42,765
i am thinking which android phone has great specs to be used with the mojo and is small in size and i mean small and has good battery, as i use my mojo with note 3

any good suggestions for a small high end android phone small in size that will work as good as the note 3 with the mojo

See my post 6594 further back with Mojo connected to my Z5 compact

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #6,641 of 42,765
What colour is your Mojo showing when connected to your Android phone? Mine is always dark blue on most players such as Poweramp, Tidal, Spotify and Digitally Imported. Should try Neutron with some DSD128 files and see if it goes white

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #6,643 of 42,765
There is a whole world of misinformation in that review. I'll take that review with a giant grain of salt, and it doesn't line up with my listening impressions.

I stopped reading when he mentioned the Mojo is for sub-100 ohm headphone only and the Hugo is for hard to drive can like HD800. Ton of BS, if he measured the output of both devices they are identical. Both device can reach 5Vrms before clipping.

I agreed though they sound different. I haven't done a thorough comparison yet but I actually like the Mojo driving the HD800 than the Hugo and I like my Roxanne on the Hugo than on the Mojo.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #6,644 of 42,765
It's not my view I've seen the same type of comment in many mojo reviews. I still love my mojo for clarity/detail/timing, it's just not perfect for me. Which probably has something to do with the sun bass rumble I was used to from my iphone5. Mojo is still great, I'm not saying it'a bad at all.

This is probably what's happening: my CIEMs had more bass than the mojo so for me it's less sub bass when paired with mojo, your cans/Ciems were probably more neutral so to you it sounds like a sub bass increase.

In my experience a prominent bass/sub-bass will mask details in mids and highs. And if you hear a clear and heap of details in mids and highs it tends to make me think the bass is lacking.

To me It's just a Sound Signature preference. The sub bass is always the main complaint against DAC/amps that are designed to be transparent. It is a similar argument with the O2/ODAC combo. I for one look for a DAC/amp that can extract the most natural detail in a record if I want to boost or decrease a part of the audio spectrum I use EQ.

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #6,645 of 42,765

Love opening my desk draw and seeing that glow lol.

Small high-end Android leaves you with the Sony Xperia Z Compacts. That's about it.

Yup, love my wifes old z3 compact never comes off my mojo... Unless I am streaming and getting RF.  THen I just take the bands off and run a long cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back