Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #6,661 of 42,765
Because Foobar (or Windows, or something) is down sampling and only outputting 44.1 kHz, no matter what the source sampling rate is. I don't use Foobar so I don't know the settings but you need to set the software to output the sampling rate of the file. Any Foobar users who know how to pass through the sampling rate?

Go in Digital Output Properties and select Default Format 2 channel, 24 bit, 192000 Hz (bottom of the list). Foobar then will be able to get up to 192 kHz. If the Mojo is still red, could be that your files are not 192 kHz encoded.

Thanks guys I'm going to play around with it and see what happens.

Just found a voucher for the DSD album from chord as well, so that definitely should not be a problem when determining if it is DSD and that rate :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #6,663 of 42,765
  Problem was there is lots of wiggle room so my kind wife made a tiny blanket to fill the gap.

The better solution is to purchase the 1012 Pick N Pluck™ Foam Insert from Pelican. Click the accessories tab on this page: 
https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/watertight-protector-hard-cases/micro-case/standard/1010/ You'll need to use the foam insert in conjunction with the 1011 Case Liner because the liner itself creates the seal the case uses to shut.  

I have the Pelican 1020 which slightly too large for the Mojo but it is ideal for those who want to place an iPhone/iPod Touch etc. and IEMs all into one case. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #6,664 of 42,765
I don't know if it works but, a suggestion to people losing the first second of music with Foobar. I use Media Go from Sony with another DAC, and it's free to download from the Sony website.

This software can play FLAC and high-res files, and import CD to FLAC.

Someone on this thread tried it http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issue-solutions-thread/15 However as you see they reported it not working with the Mojo ASIO driver.

Anyway tonight I was looking in its settings and found this setting. I don't know if the user on the other thread tried to do this:
I noticed under Media Go > Tools > Preferences > *under* Audio Output > *we can select* ASIO Device.

If this allows the Mojo and Media Go to talk, it has to be worth a try.

Two other players I came across that are free are:
Exact Audio Copy
dBpoweramp

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #6,665 of 42,765

The better solution is to purchase the 1012 Pick N Pluck™ Foam Insert from Pelican. Click the accessories tab on this page: 
https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/watertight-protector-hard-cases/micro-case/standard/1010/ You'll need to use the foam insert in conjunction with the 1011 Case Liner because the liner itself creates the seal the case uses to shut.  

I have the Pelican 1020 which slightly too large for the Mojo but it is ideal for those who want to place an iPhone/iPod Touch etc. and IEMs all into one case. 

I'm using those Lowepro compact digital camera case and it fits Mojo very well. I'm worried about scratching the Mojo's matte black paint job, so the soft cloth interior is perfect.

I don't know if it works but, a suggestion to people losing the first second of music with Foobar. I use Media Go from Sony with another DAC, and it's free to download from the Sony website.

This software can play FLAC and high-res files, and import CD to FLAC.

Someone on this thread tried it http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issue-solutions-thread/15 However as you see they reported it not working with the Mojo ASIO driver.

Anyway tonight I was looking in its settings and found this setting. I don't know if the user on the other thread tried to do this:
I noticed under Media Go > Tools > Preferences > *under* Audio Output > *we can select* ASIO Device.

If this allows the Mojo and Media Go to talk, it has to be worth a try.

Two other players I came across that are free are:
Exact Audio Copy
dBpoweramp

Sony Media Go is a pretty good software, basically an iTunes clone with more features. I feel a bit sorry for the developers, because Sony has a tainted name due to their history with weird proprietary formats and restrictions, so most people stay away from them. I guess the only thing I didn't like about Media Go was that the data transfer was not trivial and very slow (e.g. to copy music across to SD cards).

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #6,666 of 42,765
Case fellows :grinning:
c29f80932421f5a28ef5271f66ae17aa.jpg

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #6,667 of 42,765
The Mojo is a dream for portability. After seeing how the Noble 3Us I picked up came with a black Pelican 1010 case I doubled up and got another. Problem was there is lots of wiggle room so my kind wife made a tiny blanket to fill the gap.

It looks great in that case but I think your cauliflower has gone off a bit.

Dec 11, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #6,668 of 42,765
Ok needed the wasapi plugin like I have at home to change the rate.

I just tried the HD 800 on the chord Mojo, and it definitely have enough power to drive it. But how well it drive, like compared to my HDVD 800, it can't compete (But why should it as that is a desktop dac/amp).
Nonetheless still so impressed with such a small portable device that it can make the HD 800 still sound great is amazing.

Dec 11, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #6,670 of 42,765
A 1020 works well if you want to carry an AK100 and IEMs too.

Dec 11, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #6,671 of 42,765
What colour is your Mojo showing when connected to your Android phone? Mine is always dark blue on most players such as Poweramp, Tidal, Spotify and Digitally Imported. Should try Neutron with some DSD128 files and see if it goes white

Will only go white if your using an App with its own driver such as UAPP otherwise its likely to default to upscaling at 24/192  (Samsung and Sony do anyway).

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #6,672 of 42,765
The chord MOJO is so so good...

I use to think that headphones/iems are what you should spend on first to upgrade to improve your listening experience. I still believe that, but I've come to realize that a dac/amp is just important. The step up you get using it is quite big. This is especially true when comparing from mobile out.

The chord MOJO has really showed how big of an improvement you can get portable wise.

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #6,673 of 42,765
The chord MOJO is so so good...

I use to think that headphones/iems are what you should spend on first to upgrade to improve your listening experience. I still believe that, but I've come to realize that a dac/amp is just important. The step up you get using it is quite big. This is especially true when comparing from mobile out.

The chord MOJO has really showed how big of an improvement you can get portable wise.

IME the two aren't exclusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back