Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 29, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #6,001 of 42,765
I agree the Crack adds the lush tube sound. I've spent some time today just with Mojo out of the the iPad Min with the HDs. Super detailed, but easy to listen to. It even worked with my iPhone 4S w/cck which I thought you had to have a Lighting equipped I device.[/quotation

Playing Tidal now with the 4S/CCK. Seems to work fine.

is possible then to use an iPhone 4s with mojo? If so are you connecting it with a 30 pin cck to supplied mojo cable to mojo? I have an iPhone 4s still so this would be great to play tidal for daily commute!

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #6,003 of 42,765
Just bumping this, anyone have any ideas re the DSD playback ?

Also anyone in the UK know where I can get a Coax digital cable with mini jack on one end ?

Cheers, Carl

Your DSD question may have been answered but in Onkyo HF make sure you have DSD output format set to DOP rather than PCM.

Regarding a cable then buying a special cable with a mini Jack may be an unnecessary expense particularly if you already have a phono coax cable.

From between 99p and £3 you can buy a phono to Jack adapter. Google "3.5mm mono plug to phono socket adapter" or check out Maplin part numbers N86AN and RW04E.

Ian

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #6,004 of 42,765
Your DSD question may have been answered but in Onkyo HF make sure you have DSD output format set to DOP rather than PCM.

Regarding a cable then buying a special cable with a mini Jack may be an unnecessary expense particularly if you already have a phono coax cable.

From between 99p and £3 you can buy a phono to Jack adapter. Google "3.5mm mono plug to phono socket adapter" or check out Maplin part numbers N86AN and RW04E.

Ian

Thanks for the reply, yeah Onkyo HF is set to DOP output.

Never even thought about using an adapter and I have a fair few coax digital cables already doh ! Even better I'm sure I have an adapter in a draw somewhere that came with a PC soundcard in the distant past now I just need to find it :rolleyes:

Cheers, Carl

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #6,005 of 42,765
What headphone is best pairing with Chord Mojo?

That's probably quite a difficult one to answer as for me it makes all my earphones/headphones sound even lusher than they already did before hand.

I've not used my Mojo with any open headphones, only closed - B+O H6 and Oppo PM-3.  With the PM-3 it does a better job than the Oppo HA-2 Dac I was using before.
With all 3 of my iem's it just takes them to a new level.  

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #6,007 of 42,765
That's probably quite a difficult one to answer as for me it makes all my earphones/headphones sound even lusher than they already did before hand.

I've not used my Mojo with any open headphones, only closed - B+O H6 and Oppo PM-3.  With the PM-3 it does a better job than the Oppo HA-2 Dac I was using before.
With all 3 of my iem's it just takes them to a new level.  

I see, thanks. Would you consider tone of Mojo bright,neutral, or dark?

I wonder how the pairing is with HD650 and Nighthawks. Anyone have combo?

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #6,011 of 42,765
Ok a long one here...

Using the Mojo mainly as a desktop DAC, have been using it a few hours every day for the last 4 days, in use, the charger is plugged in constantly, when I finish the session (usually late at night because this thing sounds amazing) battery is full.

Now, because the explanation given by Rob here, I found the behavior of my Mojo a bit puzzling.

Next day I pick it up to use it, (always less than 20 hours since the last session) connect it to the charger and it seems battery is NOT full and starts charging, usually takes 15 - 20 min before charging light goes off (fully charged). 

While in operation the charging light is always blue

I should mention the first two days I was using an HTC charger of 1amp, the last few days using an 2.1amp charger, same behavior.

Bit concerned since is stated clearly on Mojo's manual that charging it while off is recommended. I would like to avoid charge and play at the same time.

Anyone with a similar experience?

Update: while playing, charging light went from blue to white, which to my understanding means is charging the battery. 
I don't know what to take from this, does this mean the Mojo was using the battery and using more power than what the charger can provide?

Nov 29, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #6,012 of 42,765
Ok a long one here...

Using the Mojo mainly as a desktop DAC, have been using it a few hours every day for the last 4 days, in use, the charger is plugged in constantly, when I finish the session (usually late at night because this thing sounds amazing) battery is full.

Now, because the explanation given by Rob here, I found the behavior of my Mojo a bit puzzling.

Next day I pick it up to use it, (always less than 20 hours since the last session) connect it to the charger and it seems battery is NOT full and starts charging, usually takes 15 - 20 min before charging light goes off (fully charged). 

While in operation the charging light is always blue

I should mention the first two days I was using an HTC charger of 1amp, the last few days using an 2.1amp charger, same behavior.

Bit concerned since is stated clearly on Mojo's manual that charging it while off is recommended. I would like to avoid charge and play at the same time.

Anyone with a similar experience?

I haven't had my Mojo long enough to test your situation, but I would not be concerned. 15 minutes to top up seems normal. With a smart charging system, the battery will stop charging when full. This is why your iPhone will show 99% sometimes even when it's been plugged in over night. I don't know the threshold for the Mojo to start charging again after it stops, or if it must be unplugged and then plugged in again? But I would not be concerned.

Nov 29, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #6,014 of 42,765
Wooot! Just won a bid for the Mojo - cost me 525 eur. Little baby is on it's way from Deutschland. Got a black dragon Toslink moving overt the Atlantic from the States. Tomorrow an AK100 from China. 

I love head fi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back