Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 29, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #6,031 of 42,765
Well looks like I'm done with this hobby. My first hi-fi audio purchase was the ADEL A12's, now that I've got a mojo on the way-I'm done. I have no interest in desktop setups, or cans and mojo can work with any phone I get in the future. I feel sorry for people who shelled out 4+k for ak380's now that the mojo has dropped and even more sorry for people now modding their ak380's. Sucks that they spent $5+k and still can't reach the mojo. Now for me it's just an endless world of free music(thanks torrents! : P). I may pop in with a few questions about mojo now and then, but as far as purchases-I'm done. Thanks everybody

But you say "Mojo is on the way"?, have you heard it before dropping the mic?:D

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #6,032 of 42,765
But you say "Mojo is on the way"?, have you heard it before dropping the mic?
biggrin.gif

I trust what i've heard. I trust chord.
I cannot figure out why one album displays artwork in onkyo hf and the other doesn't, both art files are named cover.jpg, both are below 500 x 500.  what is the deal?

Nov 30, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #6,033 of 42,765
Has anyone use the mojo with a Samsung galaxy tab4?
I can't get mine to work

The Galaxy Tab 4 is a dual-role Android device: it can work with a standard USB peripheral like the Mojo.
Android USB audio - A list of stock Android-powered devices reportedly interworking with compatible USB DAC
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs

"To use Mojo with an Android device you will need an ‘on the go’ cable (OTG ). This is a special cable that tells the Android device to run in host mode and enable USB audio. Some devices with newer Android operating system ( 5 and above ) will then play all audio into Mojo.

If this does not work then you need to download either USB Audio Player Pro or Onkyo HF player to enable USB audio support. Both are available from the Google Play store."
http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo/manual/Mojo-User-Manual.pdf

Android USB audio - A list of USB Audio Player PRO resources (compatible USB DAC, compatible Android devices, ...)
"Important: connect your device BEFORE starting the app, otherwise it will not get detected!"
http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/2015-07-22-12-01-14/usb-audio-driver

Android USB audio - FAQ
"Q: I have an Android device, a USB DAC and a USB OTG cable which are reportedly compatible, but I have not been able to make it work. Is there a trick to make it work?
R: …"
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #6,034 of 42,765
After a bit of self temptation, I bought the Mojo (here in Singapore, I can just walking into shops to get them) after listening on it with my SE846 for about 40 mins.

I had upgraded in the past 2 months to the Sony ZX100 and had found that despite burning in, the bass is still lacking, sounding bright but a little cold. Male vocalists, particularly bassy country music singers seem to be an equivalent of Justin Timberlake circa 2000 :eek:

I then went to try out the still-beta Fiio X7. The characteristic Fiio sound with a warm in the music that was brought back. Unfortunately, the version had problems with DSD-ISO files; able to read some but not others. What was more disappointing was that it seemed unable to match fast violin sections. I was playing my RBCD ripped flac version of this album, Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto Op.64, at track #6. At the fast sections, the violin notes sounded a little blurred, as if it was winded and unable to handle the sharp, rapid transitions. No such issue with the Mojo. Though it is a physically beautiful looking and holding DAP, I can't commit to it given these issues.

The other DAP I'm looking at is the Onkyo DP-X1. However, it is barely launched and I would not want to put in my money with a foreign order until I have read more reviews from fellow head-fi'ers, especially on the issue of UI.

As for the Mojo itself, I find it totally silent, medium width soundstage, very neutral but let highs be highs even on my SE846 (double on the high roll-off). Very fast pacing, very good transient particularly on violin even with RBCD. I have yet to listen to my DSD files natively as I was converted by my ZX100 but I found that the sound is very engaging while listening to 2xDSD (aka 128fs) of Jazz at the Pawnshop sounded lively, engaging and very daft handling of the more delicate elements.

I may rate it later after spending more time but I think the Mojo is a winner.

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #6,035 of 42,765
After a bit of self temptation, I bought the Mojo (here in Singapore, I can just walking into shops to get them) after listening on it with my SE846 for about 40 mins.

I had upgraded in the past 2 months to the Sony ZX100 and had found that despite burning in, the bass is still lacking, sounding bright but a little cold. Male vocalists, particularly bassy country music singers seem to be an equivalent of Justin Timberlake circa 2000
eek.gif

I then went to try out the still-beta Fiio X7. The characteristic Fiio sound with a warm in the music that was brought back. Unfortunately, the version had problems with DSD-ISO files; able to read some but not others. What was more disappointing was that it seemed unable to match fast violin sections. I was playing my RBCD ripped flac version of this album, Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto Op.64, at track #6. At the fast sections, the violin notes sounded a little blurred, as if it was winded and unable to handle the sharp, rapid transitions. No such issue with the Mojo. Though it is a physically beautiful looking and holding DAP, I can't commit to it given these issues.

The other DAP I'm looking at is the Onkyo DP-X1. However, it is barely launched and I would not want to put in my money with a foreign order until I have read more reviews from fellow head-fi'ers, especially on the issue of UI.

As for the Mojo itself, I find it totally silent, medium width soundstage, very neutral but let highs be highs even on my SE846 (double on the high roll-off). Very fast pacing, very good transient particularly on violin even with RBCD. I have yet to listen to my DSD files natively as I was converted by my ZX100 but I found that the sound is very engaging while listening to 2xDSD (aka 128fs) of Jazz at the Pawnshop sounded lively, engaging and very daft handling of the more delicate elements.

I may rate it later after spending more time but I think the Mojo is a winner.

Where did you try the X7 in SG?

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #6,038 of 42,765
Don't worry about that. Any rechargeable Lithoum ion device works like that. Your phone for example. It might be fully charged but plug it out and plug it in again and it might show that it's charging again depending on your phone model. Same with any portable amp.

As for it charging while in use at full battery, that is intended. When rob said that it draws just enough current from charging, he means. That the battery charges and is drawn upon at the same rate,

The power always comes from the battery in the mojo, Hugo and the TT. Chord has chosen to use the battery as the power source for a clean DC, instead of having chinky power supplies. The power is never draw n directly from the external power supply. If it is, it would require a large chunky quality power supply to supply clean power.

Thanks for your reply, I took Rob's post as the mojo with full battery would then switch to the power of the charger. But I understand your explanation.

Still find the behaviour a bit odd...

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #6,039 of 42,765
Anyone knows where to buy this in Europe (for VAT reasons) and have it shipped within Europe (to Sweden)? amazon.co.uk says they can't deliver to Sweden and the Swedish distributors do not yet have it. Any advice appreciated, the Mojo looks so nice that I can't wait... :)

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #6,040 of 42,765
Anyone knows where to buy this in Europe (for VAT reasons) and have it shipped within Europe (to Sweden)? amazon.co.uk says they can't deliver to Sweden and the Swedish distributors do not yet have it. Any advice appreciated, the Mojo looks so nice that I can't wait... :)

Try http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #6,042 of 42,765
hello guys i am awaiting the arrival of the chord mojo,

i am planning to use it in two setups 1 -with ak100ii and 2 -with galaxy note 3

whats the shortest and most neat way to connect mojo to a galaxy note 3, is there a cable that is very short , can't i use micro usd to micro usb cable a one cable solution , or do i have to use and otg cable for android

i ordered also toslink cable to connect it to my ak100ii fro sysconnect

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #6,043 of 42,765
  hello guys i am awaiting the arrival of the chord mojo,

i am planning to use it in two setups 1 -with ak100ii and 2 -with galaxy note 3

whats the shortest and most neat way to connect mojo to a galaxy note 3, is there a cable that is very short , can't i use micro usd to micro usb cable a one cable solution , or do i have to use and otg cable for android

i ordered also toslink cable to connect it to my ak100ii fro sysconnect

It's one cable micro to micro OTG

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #6,044 of 42,765

It's one cable micro to micro OTG

can you link me on ebay which one is ultra short, i am not good with cables and such

Users who are viewing this thread

Back