Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 29, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #6,016 of 42,765
Guys is anyone on here using a Hidizs AP100 as a transport ?

They look excellent value for money. I really don't understand why you would want to buy an overpriced AK100 or whatever to use as a transport.

Nov 29, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #6,017 of 42,765
Well looks like I'm done with this hobby. My first hi-fi audio purchase was the ADEL A12's, now that I've got a mojo on the way-I'm done. I have no interest in desktop setups, or cans and mojo can work with any phone I get in the future. I feel sorry for people who shelled out 4+k for ak380's now that the mojo has dropped and even more sorry for people now modding their ak380's. Sucks that they spent $5+k and still can't reach the mojo. I may pop in with a few questions about mojo now and then, but as far as purchases-I'm done. Thanks everybody

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #6,018 of 42,765
Well looks like I'm done with this hobby. My first hi-fi audio purchase was the ADEL A12's, now that I've got a mojo on the way-I'm done. I have no interest in desktop setups, or cans and mojo can work with any phone I get in the future. I feel sorry for people who shelled out 4+k for ak380's now that the mojo has dropped and even more sorry for people now modding their ak380's. Sucks that they spent $5+k and still can't reach the mojo.  I may pop in with a few questions about mojo now and then, but as far as purchases-I'm done. Thanks everybody

LOL nice outro, I can see you dropping the mic or in this case dropping the Mojo...
I can see where you are coming from, but never say never.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #6,019 of 42,765
Has anyone use the mojo with a Samsung galaxy tab4?
I can't get mine to work

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #6,020 of 42,765
Ok a long one here...

Using the Mojo mainly as a desktop DAC, have been using it a few hours every day for the last 4 days, in use, the charger is plugged in constantly, when I finish the session (usually late at night because this thing sounds amazing) battery is full.

Now, because the explanation given by Rob here, I found the behavior of my Mojo a bit puzzling.

Next day I pick it up to use it, (always less than 20 hours since the last session) connect it to the charger and it seems battery is NOT full and starts charging, usually takes 15 - 20 min before charging light goes off (fully charged). 

While in operation the charging light is always blue

I should mention the first two days I was using an HTC charger of 1amp, the last few days using an 2.1amp charger, same behavior.

Bit concerned since is stated clearly on Mojo's manual that charging it while off is recommended. I would like to avoid charge and play at the same time.

Anyone with a similar experience?

Update: while playing, charging light went from blue to white, which to my understanding means is charging the battery. 
I don't know what to take from this, does this mean the Mojo was using the battery and using more power than what the charger can provide?

Don't worry about that. Any rechargeable Lithoum ion device works like that. Your phone for example. It might be fully charged but plug it out and plug it in again and it might show that it's charging again depending on your phone model. Same with any portable amp.

As for it charging while in use at full battery, that is intended. When rob said that it draws just enough current from charging, he means. That the battery charges and is drawn upon at the same rate,

The power always comes from the battery in the mojo, Hugo and the TT. Chord has chosen to use the battery as the power source for a clean DC, instead of having chinky power supplies. The power is never draw n directly from the external power supply. If it is, it would require a large chunky quality power supply to supply clean power.

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #6,023 of 42,765
Then you do not know progressive music. Long a genre of musical geeks has a wonderful website progarchives.com.

The land of the truly obscure underground music. Heck most of this year's new releases I bought came with a signed postcard from the band because if they sell 1,000 copies that would be remarkable. Music from musicians who do it solely for the love of the music without any real commercial success.

Amazing, checking it out now.  I've got a lot of prog metal, some of the most creative musicians in this genre.  Some of my all-time greats are prog metal albums.

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #6,025 of 42,765
I absolutely agree. Opeth, Haken, Caligula's Horse, Arcane, later Porcupine Tree and Riverside to name a few are masters of prog metal.

Heard all those.  Great bands.

So i've managed to get HF player on the iphone(in anticipation of my mojo) and i re-installed itunes and let it sync with my phone.  I went to the HF app under the Apps tab and dragged and dropped some mp3's and flacs into the "HF Player Documents" section but none of my music is appearing in HF player app on my phone.  Do I have to purchase the full version to be able to import music or does the music also have to be added to the itunes library?  What's going on?

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #6,026 of 42,765
Heard all those.  Great bands.
I was doing the same while waiting for my mojo. In order to play the flac files you need to upgrade to the full HD version.

So i've managed to get HF player on the iphone(in anticipation of my mojo) and i re-installed itunes and let it sync with my phone.  I went to the HF app under the Apps tab and dragged and dropped some mp3's and flacs into the "HF Player Documents" section but none of my music is appearing in HF player app on my phone.  Do I have to purchase the full version to be able to import music or does the music also have to be added to the itunes library?  What's going on?

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #6,029 of 42,765
If I recall correctly, the free version will only play from the iTunes library.

Ah ok.  Yea i was scratching my head, i got it working but I had to import into the itunes library and sync the music first.  Gonna take one for the team and see if it works after i buy it.

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #6,030 of 42,765
It worked, not really sure why some flac artwork is appearing and other artwork isn't.  Also files can be added far easier and faster using ifunbox, itunes is not needed for this app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back