1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310
312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321
Next

Last
  1. gavinfabl

2. gavinfabl

If only I hadn't moved out of London to rural Dartmoor :)

3. equedadoii
    i'm not sure that i would need any more connectivity. 
    i just plan for

laptop > mojo > mr1

my external monitor serves as my everything.
    so i don't think any additional connectivity would suit me.
    makes me think the mr1 is the unambiguous choice!

also, i read a lot of conflicting reviews about whether cables are worth their value as opposed to all the other moving parts.

4. gavinfabl

5. GreenBow

I think you can't go wrong with the MR1. One of its best points is it's size which is ideal for desktop; and the performance it produces for its size. (Bass is better with it if you get it near a wall - note worth making.)  I can vouch for analogue cabling. I bought some Audioquest Slate speaker cable. Before the soundstage of the music was laid out in front of me. With the Audioquest cable the soundstage reached right out and passed me sometimes, as well as sounding tonally richer. I am looking for active speakers too. I am in one mind that I will buy an audiophile cable from DAC to speakers. It is instilled in me from experience. (I understand of course that people are still raging on with the digital cables issue, but analogue cables for me work.)

The MR1 is reviewed and loved with its original cables though I guess.

Wish you the best of luck with it.

(P.S. I mentioned extra connectivity in case you ever maybe wanted to attach you speakers to a TV. As you're decided though, that's cool.)

6. salla45
    hmm, i just got mojo today. I've been blown away too, but only tried my K3003 so far. I have the HD600's , will listen later and let you know how they fare!

gavinfabl likes this.
  7. eddiek997
    I own an Audio Video company and to become a dealer for most lines I have to jump through hoops and often have a $5k-$10k buy-in with minimum sales amounts per annum to continue being a dealer.

In my opinion the Greek dealer is simply trying to get something for free and I'm in complete agreement with your stance with him (Not that you need reinforcement). I think I speak for most of us here who are Chord product fans/customers in hoping that you can ignore future troll posts by them. We certainly do.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program...

Mojo baby

8. emrelights1973
    I did not want to go into more detail but now I feel compelled to clarify my stated position . Please try to understand that I made a comparison to our distributor in Bangladesh being a small country that has maintained constant communication with us since our initial contact and has ordered and paid for a large number over 100 Mojos compared to our Distributor from Greece who has made no contact and has sold not one item and has not responded to repeated news releases for over four years has rarely if ever spoken to Our sales manager who has been doing the job for four years. Yes I do just about remember them but as I said it was all a long time ago. We don't ask for much but we do demand a certain degree of commitment and professionalism and we don't like to deal with people who are not serious are just out to make a quick profit on a hot product.[/quote]

I understand your point, thank you for clarification. Still charity/Bangladesh comments are not nice coming from a company that we all love and fallow here.

PS : Bangladesh is the 8th most populated country on earth app. 170m. people : ) double of the population of UK.....  they might not big mojo user but they are not a " small country "...

proedros likes this.
  9. jcoops16
    I've always found my d2000's to suffer from sibilance compared to my other phones does the mojo tone that down? I like my bass and their my only closed cans but the sibilance has put me off, I just use them for TV watching now and prefer the philips L1 instead of them, id like to give the denons another shot.

10. proedros

is an asking customer a troll in your opinion ? excellent .

i asked as a potential mojo buyer why there isn't a demo mojo unit available in the sole Chord distributor in Greece

is this trolling ? ok...[​IMG]

once again, since people seem to have problem understanding easy to understand facts

my question was why there is no demo mojo unit in the SOLE chord store/distributor in Greece

i can accept the business thinking of mojo - it is 100% acceptable

what i find unacceptable are sarcastic/rude comments about people and  the country they live in

i wonder what the backlash would have been if mr mojo had written a rude comment about Germany/US/canada/australia

again , think before posting , it makes life easier for all of us here

cheers

emrelights1973 likes this.
  11. emilsoft
    I use a passive volume control with RCA > XLR. It's called m-patch pro 2. I think there's few others out there, they don't colour the sound.
    Other options is to get the Genelec 6010 which have RCA ins (and the little sub, 5040 i think the model number is).

12. eddiek997
    I bought mine without whining that I couldn't get my hands on a demo. Get over it. Move on.

13. obsidyen
    I did not want to go into more detail but now I feel compelled to clarify my stated position . Please try to understand that I made a comparison to our distributor in Bangladesh being a small country that has maintained constant communication with us since our initial contact and has ordered and paid for a large number over 100 Mojos compared to our Distributor from Greece who has made no contact and has sold not one item and has not responded to repeated news releases for over four years has rarely if ever spoken to Our sales manager who has been doing the job for four years. Yes I do just about remember them but as I said it was all a long time ago. We don't ask for much but we do demand a certain degree of commitment and professionalism and we don't like to deal with people who are not serious are just out to make a quick profit on a hot product.[/quote]

Hi John, I wonder what you think of the Turkish Chord dealer, Timpani? They told me they were going to stop selling Chord products but it's still listed as a dealer on your webpage. Have they ordered any Mojo? I bought mine from England, just wondering. If they still sell Chord products, I might give them a visit.

emrelights1973 likes this.
  14. x RELIC x Contributor

If you find the d2000 to be sibilant the Mojo won't tone that down IMO. I find the Mojo pretty honest to the headphone, ie. won't colour the signal.

15. emrelights1973

have you read the comments? he is not whining about the demo unit but from the rude response....

maybe you may return it and he may not..... maybe it is a 1/10000 of you monthly income maybe its 1/2 of his....

i bought it because i like hugo.... the first batch but a consumer have right to ask something and get a cordial response....

so stop trolling for chord! 

proedros likes this.
First

Back
301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310
312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321
Next

Last