Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 10, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #4,681 of 42,765
  Thats a shame. I dont think i've ever got the best from them.Or perhaps the caiman dac/amp i've used for the last 6 years is on the bright side. I ordered a mojo monday i'll see what its like when it comes

I have read that the signature of the 2000J's is very similar to the K3003's which I am listening to now with Mojo. I can happily say I'm getting no sibilance whatsoever.And this is with the white (treble boost) filters. I find the comply tips help to tame the top end however.

Hope the mojo is as good for you as it is for me, with your Dunus.

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #4,682 of 42,765
I ordered mine from Custom-Cable four days ago and I still have no idea whether their stock is empty or not. They don't reply to any e-mails. Is there anyone else in the same situation?

I did notice this from following the thread so I ordered mine from hifix, it got dispatched the same day. 

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #4,684 of 42,765
Yes, you are quite right not to trust me. (Sarcasm)

But you have had your own Mojo for a week, what is going on?

It's not that I don't trust you.... just m audiophilia nervosa kicking in! It sure doesn't match the color on the box. Been listening for 5 days and love it!

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #4,685 of 42,765
I ordered mine from Custom-Cable four days ago and I still have no idea whether their stock is empty or not. They don't reply to any e-mails. Is there anyone else in the same situation?

I ordered mine from them to. Communication was great. There were some hold ups but they emailed me to let me know. When they shipped it it came in 4 days from england to australia. So I was very satisfied indeed.

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #4,688 of 42,765
  Ive not auditioned any piece of audio before buying for... gosh... probably 22 years. I think one tends to know what one's "sound" is and reviews are so ubiquitous these days thanks to the internet that it's fairly risk free. Thus far, Ive not been dissatisfied.

The problem with buying audio stuff without demoing it first is most likely going to burn you if you don't like how it sound. At least for me.  A lot of reviews are very subjective and contradicting.

I have avoided many products that many have raved so much here and all over the Internet which after trying on a shop I did not find it to my liking.

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #4,689 of 42,765
There seems to be a great difference of how "shops" operate here in the States and elsewhere. I cannot think of a single store I could go to in the US to trial a Mojo in person. Almost all the audio stores are gone, even for 2-channel. There's the odd place like Stereo Exchange in NYC, but they only carry certain brands, and Chord is not one of them. Living here in Philadelphia, the fifth largest city and the 7th largest metropolitan area in the whole country, there's not a single head-fi shop. Everything here is done over the internet. I'd love to have a shop where I could go and listen, but the only place we can do so is at shows like CanJam. Just a different business model. So when you hear people from the States saying "just order it and try it" you'll understand that's usually our only option. Cheers 

EDIT - Looking more closely it seems that Stereo Exchange might actually carry Chord, but they don't list the Mojo. 

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #4,690 of 42,765
I ordered mine from them to. Communication was great. There were some hold ups but they emailed me to let me know. When they shipped it it came in 4 days from england to australia. So I was very satisfied indeed.

I don't know whether it is a problem but I ordered mine as a guest and now I only have an order number, that's all. There is no search bar to track the order on the website as guest. I figured out that the only thing I can do is sending emails but as I have said no response so far. Wish I had created an account before I ordered it.

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #4,693 of 42,765
  There's the odd place like Stereo Exchange in NYC, but they only carry certain brands, and Chord is not one of them. 

EDIT - Looking more closely it seems that Stereo Exchange might actually carry Chord, but they don't list the Mojo. 

Yeah, last time I looked they carried the Hugo, and one of the previous posts in this thread was from someone who said he was able to demo the Mojo in the store but was unable to get it to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back