Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 10, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #4,651 of 42,765
i'll be pairing my mojo with the magnum v6.
maybe a monthish til it all comes together, but i'll make sure to drop a line when it happens!

drop by here (synesis post is a good place to start if you're a total nub like me) if you're interested in the grado modding community:
to be honest, i entered into it by accident. i was totally intent on purchasing the 325e until i just stumbled upon the modding community.

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #4,652 of 42,765
[COLOR=141823]COMPETITION TIME[/COLOR]

[COLOR=141823]Our London Underground campaign has begun and to celebrate we're offering you a chance to win a Mojo. To enter just find one of the 26 sites on the central London tube network, take a selfie, and publish it on your Facebook (not forgetting to tag us in). Competition ends in two weeks time.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=141823]Happy hunting![/COLOR]

If only I hadn't moved out of London to rural Dartmoor :)

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #4,653 of 42,765

The 325e is a stunning headphone by all accounts. If you want to spend more the RS2e is loved by the Grado community. Lastly they say the Grado GH-1 is amazing and even improved with the G-cushion.

The MR1 is Bluetooth. It's plus points are it's small for desktop, yet meant to carry an impeccable sound. It only has Bluetooth and line in so if you need more connectivity then either the Audioengine A5 or Q Acoustics Q-BT3 are better equipped.

Any of these paired with the Mojo is going to be pretty good isn't it? They will all be supplied with a cable to connect line out from the Mojo to the active speaker. However the cable may be just a simple 3.5mm to whatever connection. Therefor consider buying an audiophile analogue interconnect cable to replace it.

(I am undecided whether quality digital cables make a difference. However analogue cables do.)

i'm not sure that i would need any more connectivity. 
i just plan for

laptop > mojo > mr1

my external monitor serves as my everything.
so i don't think any additional connectivity would suit me.
makes me think the mr1 is the unambiguous choice!

also, i read a lot of conflicting reviews about whether cables are worth their value as opposed to all the other moving parts.

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #4,655 of 42,765
  i'm not sure that i would need any more connectivity. 
i just plan for

laptop > mojo > mr1

my external monitor serves as my everything.
so i don't think any additional connectivity would suit me.
makes me think the mr1 is the unambiguous choice!

also, i read a lot of conflicting reviews about whether cables are worth their value as opposed to all the other moving parts.

I think you can't go wrong with the MR1. One of its best points is it's size which is ideal for desktop; and the performance it produces for its size. (Bass is better with it if you get it near a wall - note worth making.)  I can vouch for analogue cabling. I bought some Audioquest Slate speaker cable. Before the soundstage of the music was laid out in front of me. With the Audioquest cable the soundstage reached right out and passed me sometimes, as well as sounding tonally richer. I am looking for active speakers too. I am in one mind that I will buy an audiophile cable from DAC to speakers. It is instilled in me from experience. (I understand of course that people are still raging on with the digital cables issue, but analogue cables for me work.)

The MR1 is reviewed and loved with its original cables though I guess.

Wish you the best of luck with it.

(P.S. I mentioned extra connectivity in case you ever maybe wanted to attach you speakers to a TV. As you're decided though, that's cool.)

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #4,656 of 42,765
311 pages and I've read them all
smily_headphones1.gif

So not sure now how long its been since I have had the Mojo, but I was lucky to get it fairly early on.

I am currently listening with it (again) and it just keeps blowing me away with its presentation and musicality.

I am now tempted to try a different type of headphone with it, and I have the Grado SR325 and Sennheiser HD600 on my shortlist.

The HD800 seems overkill but you never know
smily_headphones1.gif

hmm, i just got mojo today. I've been blown away too, but only tried my K3003 so far. I have the HD600's , will listen later and let you know how they fare!

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #4,657 of 42,765
 We don't ask for much but we do demand a certain degree of commitment and professionalism and we don't like to deal with people who are not serious are just out to make a quick profit on a hot product.

I own an Audio Video company and to become a dealer for most lines I have to jump through hoops and often have a $5k-$10k buy-in with minimum sales amounts per annum to continue being a dealer.

In my opinion the Greek dealer is simply trying to get something for free and I'm in complete agreement with your stance with him (Not that you need reinforcement). I think I speak for most of us here who are Chord product fans/customers in hoping that you can ignore future troll posts by them. We certainly do.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program...

Mojo baby

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #4,658 of 42,765
[quote name="emrelights1973" url="/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-first-post-for-updated-info/4650#post_12066911
he
an apology for charity/Bangladesh comments and a crash course on consumer complaints won't flame things any further....
I did not want to go into more detail but now I feel compelled to clarify my stated position . Please try to understand that I made a comparison to our distributor in Bangladesh being a small country that has maintained constant communication with us since our initial contact and has ordered and paid for a large number over 100 Mojos compared to our Distributor from Greece who has made no contact and has sold not one item and has not responded to repeated news releases for over four years has rarely if ever spoken to Our sales manager who has been doing the job for four years. Yes I do just about remember them but as I said it was all a long time ago. We don't ask for much but we do demand a certain degree of commitment and professionalism and we don't like to deal with people who are not serious are just out to make a quick profit on a hot product.[/quote]

I understand your point, thank you for clarification. Still charity/Bangladesh comments are not nice coming from a company that we all love and fallow here.

PS : Bangladesh is the 8th most populated country on earth app. 170m. people : ) double of the population of UK.....  they might not big mojo user but they are not a " small country "...

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #4,659 of 42,765
  Using my DX90 but a bit disappointed that both DFF and DSF files are outputting at "only" 24/88
via Coax into Mojo.

96/176/192 all work fine and show correct lighting.

I guess it's a limitation of the player.

This was whilst using stock D2000, wonderful combo

I've always found my d2000's to suffer from sibilance compared to my other phones does the mojo tone that down? I like my bass and their my only closed cans but the sibilance has put me off, I just use them for TV watching now and prefer the philips L1 instead of them, id like to give the denons another shot.

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #4,660 of 42,765
  I own an Audio Video company and to become a dealer for most lines I have to jump through hoops and often have a $5k-$10k buy-in with minimum sales amounts per annum to continue being a dealer.

In my opinion the Greek dealer is simply trying to get something for free and I'm in complete agreement with your stance with him (Not that you need reinforcement). I think I speak for most of us here who are Chord product fans/customers in hoping that you can ignore future troll posts by them. We certainly do.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program...

Mojo baby

is an asking customer a troll in your opinion ? excellent .

i asked as a potential mojo buyer why there isn't a demo mojo unit available in the sole Chord distributor in Greece

is this trolling ? ok...
rolleyes.gif

once again, since people seem to have problem understanding easy to understand facts

my question was why there is no demo mojo unit in the SOLE chord store/distributor in Greece

i can accept the business thinking of mojo - it is 100% acceptable

what i find unacceptable are sarcastic/rude comments about people and  the country they live in

i wonder what the backlash would have been if mr mojo had written a rude comment about Germany/US/canada/australia

again , think before posting , it makes life easier for all of us here

cheers

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #4,661 of 42,765
  Thanks for the reply, they look great but it looks like they only accept XLR, sorry if this is a stupid question but how would I connect my Mojo to them?

Cheers 

I use a passive volume control with RCA > XLR. It's called m-patch pro 2. I think there's few others out there, they don't colour the sound.
Other options is to get the Genelec 6010 which have RCA ins (and the little sub, 5040 i think the model number is).

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #4,662 of 42,765

is an asking customer a troll in your opinion ? excellent .

i asked as a potential mojo buyer why there isn't a demo mojo unit available in the sole Chord distributor in Greece

is this trolling ? ok...
rolleyes.gif

I bought mine without whining that I couldn't get my hands on a demo. Get over it. Move on.

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #4,663 of 42,765
[quote name="emrelights1973" url="/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-first-post-for-updated-info/4650#post_12066911
he
an apology for charity/Bangladesh comments and a crash course on consumer complaints won't flame things any further....
I did not want to go into more detail but now I feel compelled to clarify my stated position . Please try to understand that I made a comparison to our distributor in Bangladesh being a small country that has maintained constant communication with us since our initial contact and has ordered and paid for a large number over 100 Mojos compared to our Distributor from Greece who has made no contact and has sold not one item and has not responded to repeated news releases for over four years has rarely if ever spoken to Our sales manager who has been doing the job for four years. Yes I do just about remember them but as I said it was all a long time ago. We don't ask for much but we do demand a certain degree of commitment and professionalism and we don't like to deal with people who are not serious are just out to make a quick profit on a hot product.[/quote]

Hi John, I wonder what you think of the Turkish Chord dealer, Timpani? They told me they were going to stop selling Chord products but it's still listed as a dealer on your webpage. Have they ordered any Mojo? I bought mine from England, just wondering. If they still sell Chord products, I might give them a visit.

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #4,664 of 42,765
I've always found my d2000's to suffer from sibilance compared to my other phones does the mojo tone that down? I like my bass and their my only closed cans but the sibilance has put me off, I just use them for TV watching now and prefer the philips L1 instead of them, id like to give the denons another shot.

If you find the d2000 to be sibilant the Mojo won't tone that down IMO. I find the Mojo pretty honest to the headphone, ie. won't colour the signal.

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #4,665 of 42,765
  I bought mine without whining that I couldn't get my hands on a demo. Get over it. Move on.

have you read the comments? he is not whining about the demo unit but from the rude response....

maybe you may return it and he may not..... maybe it is a 1/10000 of you monthly income maybe its 1/2 of his....

i bought it because i like hugo.... the first batch but a consumer have right to ask something and get a cordial response....

so stop trolling for chord! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back