Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 10, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #4,636 of 42,765
i don't like the tone of Chord guy at all.....  we are customers or prospect customers ( i bought one 2 weeks a go ), the customer / consumer was just asking to supply a single demo unit for a distributor ( a country distributor not the retail ), that would be nice, every car dealer has a demo car and they are not charity and they are loosing great value selling the car second hand and the car company is contributing to this marketing effort according their deal... sometimes the company pays part of the depreciation the demo unit sometimes the distributor is, all according the volume and margin...

a country distributor is not a stereo shop, the case he is making is non sense, i think he is living in his small retail envoirment, completely disconnected from real trade with real money, not hi-fi coins. 

also i find the tone is arrogant with racist twist...... 

he may have a stupid idea ( which is not ), he have to respond in a cordial and kind way.... not like a colonial teacher of the trade....

if you don't have the capacity or/and patience to deal with customers / consumers this is not to place to be....

I'm not sure why your dealer can sell few units of Mojo but could not keep one to use as a demo set and push the blame to Chord for not letting them have a demo?!
To me, this just not making any sense at all!

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #4,638 of 42,765

if he is selling 1000 per year yes he can, if he is selling 50 he can not, i don't know it all about volume / trade margins and distributor agreement.... 

some companies give away demo units some companies let this to their distributors...

thats not the point... and it is not important...

point is there is a kinder way for the mojo guy to deal with the request, without being rude.... " charity-bangladesh" etc..... 

what is wrong with Bangladesh? 

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #4,639 of 42,765

Really, so they don't have telephones in Greece?

It seems to me that this man and his compatriot have chosen to pick a fight with Chord on this forum, it is absolutely not the place for it.

it seems to me that you post without putting your mind to think. you see a 'fight' here ? really ? excellent.

my point was that i don't EXPECT chord to send a demo unit if they don't feel they should, BUT he doesn't have to have a 'weird'/sarcastic tone (charity/bangladesh) , - something which emerlights1973 also observed and you didn't.

cheers

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #4,640 of 42,765

Really, so they don't have telephones in Greece?

It seems to me that this man and his compatriot have chosen to pick a fight with Chord on this forum, it is absolutely not the place for it.

I can confirm they have telephones in Greece having spent many a happy holiday touring the islands (Spetsai was my fave), you can even use a mobile, well you could back in the 90's, hth.

btw... if you sole purpose of joining was to be a troll it's worked, please don't flame things further.

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #4,641 of 42,765
it seems to me that you post without putting your mind to think. you see a 'fight' here ? really ? excellent.

my point was that i don't EXPECT chord to send a demo unit if they don't feel they should, BUT he doesn't have to have a 'weird'/sarcastic tone (charity/bangladesh) , - something which emerlights1973 also observed and you didn't.

cheers

Dude, get over it. You are not getting a free Mojo for "Demo Tour purposes". Deal with it and stop acting like the guys from Chord insulted your Mother. :D

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #4,642 of 42,765

I can confirm they have telephones in Greece having spent many a happy holiday touring the islands (Spetsai was my fave), you can even use a mobile, well you could back in the 90's, hth.

btw... if you sole purpose of joining was to be a troll it's worked, please don't flame things further.

he was very kind..... smiling and all....

the response was not....

an apology for charity/Bangladesh comments and a crash course on consumer complaints won't flame things any further....

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #4,644 of 42,765
311 pages and I've read them all :)

So not sure now how long its been since I have had the Mojo, but I was lucky to get it fairly early on.

I am currently listening with it (again) and it just keeps blowing me away with its presentation and musicality.

I am now tempted to try a different type of headphone with it, and I have the Grado SR325 and Sennheiser HD600 on my shortlist.

The HD800 seems overkill but you never know :)

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #4,645 of 42,765

he was very kind..... smiling and all....

the response was not....

an apology for charity/Bangladesh comments and a crash course on consumer complaints won't flame things any further....

This is not adding anything to the Mojo discussion. Please feel free to move this discussion to - http://www.head-fi.org/t/769832/companies-that-take-advantage-of-audio-enthusiasts/150

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #4,646 of 42,765
  Thanks for the reply, they look great but it looks like they only accept XLR, sorry if this is a stupid question but how would I connect my Mojo to them?

Cheers 

dam.
$1200 for a pair on the genelec 8020c.

looking more and more like the best cheapish option (3xx-4xx)
is the audioengine a5+
or the ruark mr1 (bluetooth!)

unless anyone's got some other suggs, i may end up diving for the ruark some point soon.

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #4,647 of 42,765
311 pages and I've read them all
smily_headphones1.gif

So not sure now how long its been since I have had the Mojo, but I was lucky to get it fairly early on.

I am currently listening with it (again) and it just keeps blowing me away with its presentation and musicality.

I am now tempted to try a different type of headphone with it, and I have the Grado SR325 and Sennheiser HD600 on my shortlist.

The HD800 seems overkill but you never know
smily_headphones1.gif

i'll be pairing my mojo with the magnum v6.
maybe a monthish til it all comes together, but i'll make sure to drop a line when it happens!

drop by here (synesis post is a good place to start if you're a total nub like me) if you're interested in the grado modding community:
to be honest, i entered into it by accident. i was totally intent on purchasing the 325e until i just stumbled upon the modding community.

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #4,648 of 42,765
No photo but today I created a DSD2 file by using JRiver to covert a 44.1khz ALAC file. Copied it to my iPod and played it to Mojo via Onkyo HD.

Mojo shows a white light though it has s slightly pinkish hue to my eyes. A photo won't really help.

Ian

Thanks for that. Can anyone  else confirm?

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #4,649 of 42,765
311 pages and I've read them all
smily_headphones1.gif

The HD800 seems overkill but you never know
smily_headphones1.gif

The 325e is a stunning headphone by all accounts. If you want to spend more the RS2e is loved by the Grado community. Lastly they say the Grado GH-1 is amazing and even improved with the G-cushion.

dam.
$1200 for a pair on the genelec 8020c.

looking more and more like the best cheapish option (3xx-4xx)
is the audioengine a5+
or the ruark mr1 (bluetooth!)

unless anyone's got some other suggs, i may end up diving for the ruark some point soon.

The MR1 is Bluetooth. It's plus points are it's small for desktop, yet meant to carry an impeccable sound. It only has Bluetooth and line in. If you need more connectivity then either the Audioengine A5 or Q Acoustics Q-BT3 are better equipped. If I recall correct the Q-BT3 is Bluetooth. I haven't looked at the A5+ for a while but the manufacturers website will have all the info.

Any of these paired with the Mojo is going to be pretty good isn't it? They will all be supplied with a cable to connect line out from the Mojo to the active speaker. However the cable may be just a simple 3.5mm to whatever connection. Therefor consider buying an audiophile analogue interconnect cable to replace it.

(I am undecided whether quality digital cables make a difference. However analogue cables do. They can take a while from new before they reach peak performance, called burn-in time.)

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #4,650 of 42,765
[quote name="emrelights1973" url="/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-first-post-for-updated-info/4650#post_12066911
he
[/quote]
I did not want to go into more detail but now I feel compelled to clarify my stated position . Please try to understand that I made a comparison to our distributor in Bangladesh being a small country that has maintained constant communication with us since our initial contact and has ordered and paid for a large number over 100 Mojos compared to our Distributor from Greece who has made no contact and has sold not one item and has not responded to repeated news releases for over four years has rarely if ever spoken to Our sales manager who has been doing the job for four years. Yes I do just about remember them but as I said it was all a long time ago. We don't ask for much but we do demand a certain degree of commitment and professionalism and we don't like to deal with people who are not serious are just out to make a quick profit on a hot product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back