Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 5, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #3,916 of 42,765
That's an awfull cable design, why the RCA on the other end, does the Mojo require an RCA connector? I don't own one right now so the pictures is all I have and it looks like the Mojo has a 3.5 mm mono jack for the coax lines liar to what the X2 ii has.

No, this is just the adaptor that comes with the X5ii. The original question was for making a custom cable from the X5ii to the Mojo so he wanted to know the pin configuration on the X5ii end.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #3,917 of 42,765
No, this is just the adaptor that comes with the X5ii. The original question was for making a custom cable from the X5ii to the Mojo so he wanted to know the pin configuration on the X5ii end.

Thanks in this case I was trying to tell him to do it right and get a proper cable implementation, i. e, to use two 3.5 mm mono plugs which are easily available on eBay, then ask for a good coax cable like Canare or Mogami or Belden cable, wire those three together and voila, the easiest cable configuration and the one designed by the device manufacturers.

I have the X5 and I know the Coax Jack is still the same on the X5ii.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #3,918 of 42,765
Blurry, squished on a train picture coming up

Out of shot is my Layla's... Haha, all a bit silly really to squeeze the last nth percentage of enjoyment out of my miserable commute...

My commute today is brought to me by the mighty Roni Size. Yesterday Maria Callas could not help so I thought I would go a bit higher energy today

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #3,919 of 42,765
Thanks in this case I was trying to tell him to do it right ang get a proper cable implementation, i. e, to use two 3.5 mm mono plugs which are easily available on eBay, then ask for a good coax cable like Canare or Mogami or Belden cable, wire those three together and voila, the easiest cable configuration and the one designed by the device manufacturers.

No, the coax pins are different as the second gen shares the jack with the line out (I have both in hand and tested both for coaxial out). The signal is at the tip for the X5 gen 1 and the ground is on the next pole. Just don't want anyone to get confused. See the link in my above post.

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #3,920 of 42,765
For coaxial see below:

Source:
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40478

X5ii coaxial pin configuration:

X5 first gen coaxial pin configuration:

Yes thanks. This is the information I need.
beerchug.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #3,921 of 42,765
No, the coax pins are different as the second gen shares the jack with the line out (I have both in hand and tested both for coaxial out). The signal is at the tip for the X5 gen 1 and the ground is on the next pole. Just don't want anyone to get confused. See the link in my above post.

Thanks for clarifying, I guess Fiio decided to revamp their jacks (cheapen :D). To be honest I don't like those shared connection design except if they are from the same domain, that is analog with analog and digital with digital.

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #3,922 of 42,765
Agree, but the Mojo doesn't care. :wink_face:

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #3,924 of 42,765
I suggest someone start a Wiki/Article. Then everyone can add bits as they come along. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #3,925 of 42,765

Good idea, the only problem is where are you going to keep the wiki link in unless you inform the thread owner to add it to the first page, it won't be remembered or we'll just have too many members repeating asking for it. Do you keep wiki links somewhere on this site for people to refer to?

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #3,926 of 42,765
It can be added to the first post easily enough :)

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #3,927 of 42,765
Thanks for clarifying, I guess Fiio decided to revamp their jacks (cheapen
biggrin.gif
). To be honest I don't like those shared connection design except if they are from the same domain, that is analog with analog and digital with digital.

Thanks in this case I was trying to tell him to do it right and get a proper cable implementation, i. e, to use two 3.5 mm mono plugs which are easily available on eBay, then ask for a good coax cable like Canare or Mogami or Belden cable, wire those three together and voila, the easiest cable configuration and the one designed by the device manufacturers.

Is there a proprietary cable which can be bought (URL link for ebay/amazon or other?), or is it a bespoke configuration only? 

I have the X3ii and will be ordering the Mojo soon, and would like to be equipped for when it arrives :)

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #3,928 of 42,765
It can be added to the first post easily enough
smily_headphones1.gif

A simple solution would be to use the Product page that is currently available. Since the Chord Mojo has already been tagged in this thread, each page of this thread automatically contains a link to the Chord Mojo product page (see below Topics Discussed on the right hand side of each page). 

Each product page contains a Guide (i.e. wiki) section that can be updated with any information related to the product. Members can contribute to the Guide at any time with information on How To, Hist & Tips, Troubleshooting/Known Issues, etc.  All links to the Product page and the Guide section are automatically maintained.

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #3,929 of 42,765
I got these 2 cables some time back but not the micro USB model.

I have been using the USB B cable for my iphone 6 and Herus + for sometime now. It works direct without the connectors or the apple CCK.  DSD and PCM up to 356K plays directly from Onkyo HF to my herus +.  As I got some convertors, I tried it with my iphone 5s using the USB B cable with 2 convertors to convert the USB B to micro USB. Again without any apple CCK and I could play DSD direct and 24/196 PCM to the Mojo as well.  See screen shots. The Julian Muller is a DSD file (The power white color on the mojo is hard to capture. The volume buttons are red in the picture)  Norah Jones in 24/196 with the blue power (196khz Pcm mode) is also shown.

So there is a cheap short cable without using apple CCK available out there!  

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #3,930 of 42,765
Herus+ running DSD with just the short cable.

Oh there seems to be a bug with IOS 9.1. Onkyo HF will not play DSD from my herus+ or Mojo on iphone 6s with IOS 9.1.  You hear a very loud hiss with a very low song volume.  high res PCM files plays fine on both on IOS 9.1 

I hope Apple new IOS 9.2 resolves this or there will be very angry folks.  

Yes I tried the apple CCK but still the exact same issue. I wonder why no one else has brought this up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back