Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 5, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #3,946 of 42,765
  super! thanks for sharing that!

couple of questions

1) how did you create the vinyl jacket for the mojo, material and pattern?
2) what is you USB interconnect/otg cable? looks really discrete! link if poss for ordering? 

thanks!!

1. Just tracing and trial & error as per the top photo (not perfect but good enough). Just this kind of stuff http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-4D-CARBON-FIBRE-Vinyl-Wrap-Sticker-Decal-Drift-Car-Bonnet-Roof-Air-Free-/261167361817?var=&hash=item3ccec9af19:m:mmtYpXj3FXXZH24i5pOTxlQ

2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/301228419677

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #3,947 of 42,765

Quote:
  I suggest someone start a Wiki/Article. Then everyone can add bits as they come along. 

Good idea, the only problem is where are you going to keep the wiki link in unless you inform the thread owner to add it to the first page, it won't be remembered or we'll just have too many members repeating asking for it. Do you keep wiki links somewhere on this site for people to refer to?

It can be added to the first post easily enough
smily_headphones1.gif

Nobody seems to read the first page of this thread anymore....
triportsad.gif

I am continually updating the links, and posted Jazzfan's wiki/product page (mentioned again at the top of the page you are reading right now) last week.

I've edited the title of the thread. 

A while back I suggested to Wikia that they code in in-thread stickies that would appear at the top of every page of the thread. Before that I requested a thing that shows all the images in a thread, which they implemented, so we just have to wait for them to get around to implementing this idea.

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #3,948 of 42,765
Since you took the time to highlight the section in my post maybe you should have read it as well as it actually said on a separate point and had nothing to do with the paragraph above it. Just chill a bit and don't take everything that's said as an affront to your ability to post on an Internet forum. As I mentioned before, others were only trying to make suggestions. You jumped down the guys throat! Just a polite suggestion that tone of voice cannot be heard on a written forum so always try to take things with a pinch of salt. Hopefully get back on topic with the other posters on this thread now :)

I think I may have been guilty of winding him up beforehand with my comment about a separate thread for petty and tedious complaints. I stand by my assertion that a little bit of noise which is only heard when putting your ear against the unit while it's charging is not necessarily a fault providing everything else is working as it should be. It's no big deal though. We can all work through it together :)

How you enjoying the Mojo with your Encore? I think the combination is sublime.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #3,949 of 42,765

thanks! Item 2 now on order already :) 

Will investigate further the wrap'n'velcro idea when I get my mojo. Just pulled the trigger on it!! That familiar sinking feeling...

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #3,950 of 42,765
Not necessarily, it works also in SE mode (RCA) the best is if you need to move into balanced mode, you're already there and Alex's design is amoung the top in his field, a bonus it's way more affordable than his other highly regarded high-end models but hey I shoukd stop selling Alex's products else I'll exhaust his limited 500 unit supply.
wink.gif

I could get back in the queue for the LC. I had one on order, but cancelled it as I was looking for a reasonable DAC to feed it. I came across the Mojo so used the funds from the LC for the Mojo. Choosing both makes it expensive so I have to make a choice between the two, especially since the Canadian dollar is so weak.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #3,951 of 42,765
Same here. Mine emits a high pitched whine whenever it's being charged but it does not transmit through my earphones. Not sure if I should have it replaced? What would you guys do?

I just got it replaced today. It surely is noticeable when compared to the store's demo unit which is perfectly quite. I thought the store will have to contact Chord to order a replacement. But she just pulled a new Mojo unit and quickly tested it. When I confirmed there is no noise she immediately replace my faulty unit. So kudos to Connect-IT and to Chord as well for very quick turn-around.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #3,952 of 42,765

Thanks for the info. 

If anyone makes a good template for it that they could save as a document and post here it would be awesome! Then others could print it out and use it as a template for their own Mojo cover. 

Cheers 

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #3,953 of 42,765
Totally impractical - tick

Probably double amping - tick

PITA to set up and use - tick

Sublime sound - TICK

the Lehmann Traveller seems to lose no detail, (eg the claves in the Stones - No Expectations.)
yet softens the sound a little, so sounds better with my T70P

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #3,954 of 42,765

I just got it replaced today. It surely is noticeable when compared to the store's demo unit which is perfectly quite. I thought the store will have to contact Chord to order a replacement. But she just pulled a new Mojo unit and quickly tested it. When I confirmed there is no noise she immediately replace my faulty unit. So kudos to Connect-IT and to Chord as well for very quick turn-around.

I actually asked Chord about this - it seems that the hiss/whine produced while charging is normal. The hiss immediately disappears on mine once I turn it on.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #3,955 of 42,765
  I actually asked Chord about this - it seems that the hiss/whine produced while charging is normal. The hiss immediately disappears on mine once I turn it on.

On my unit even if it's turned on it still has the noise while connected to a USB charger. It never disappears, it just flips from soft whine to a louder buzz every few minutes.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #3,956 of 42,765
On my unit even if it's turned on it still has the noise while connected to a USB charger. It never disappears, it just flips from soft whine to a louder buzz every few minutes.
I'm not sure who spoke to who at chord but I can tell you firmly that any noise directly coming from Mojo is not normal and the unit should be returned to your retailer for immeadiate replacement. There are a few units still out there with this problem that I've posted about earlier.

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #3,957 of 42,765
Good to hear you got a swift replacement. Problem is my local shop has very limited quantities of the Mojo and there's still a backlog of customers to go through. Guess i'll have to hold on to my unit until stock stabilizes which will be at least another 2 weeks. For now i'll just have to avoid using the Mojo while its charging. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #3,959 of 42,765
I'm not sure who spoke to who at chord but I can tell you firmly that any noise directly coming from Mojo is not normal and the unit should be returned to your retailer for immeadiate replacement. There are a few units still out there with this problem that I've posted about earlier.

Thank you for that clarification. One can not be clearer.

Kudos for Chord Electronics which exchanges the faulty units.

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #3,960 of 42,765
The 'search this thread' feature is a great tool to use.
wink_face.gif

Here are the results searching "iDSD":

http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?search=IDSD&resultSortingPreference=recency&byuser=&output=posts&sdate=0&newer=1&type=all&containingthread%5B0%5D=784602&advanced=1

I haven't read the whole thread but anyone already compared sound quality to the iDSD Micro or iDSD Nano?

Ive just taken the plunge and ordered the Mojo. I will post some comparisons ref the Nano, which I also have (too recently bought).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back