Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 5, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #3,961 of 42,765
I got mine here. He has one for the Hugo which should be the best one for the mojo. I ordered one piece as well. Price is in Chinese yuan which is about twenty usd.

http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=44240667193

I bought the one in the link, it does not work at all with my iPhone 6s+ on ios 9.0.2 & the Mojo.
I also bought: http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=521701801173&wp_m=hotsell_goods_-1&wp_pk=shop/index_1929512115_&wp_app=weapp&from=inshop

and it is not working either.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #3,962 of 42,765
Nov 5, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #3,963 of 42,765
  I believe that there has already been an official response from Chord about this and on the first page of this thread there is a link that states that due to the Mojo not having the Apple Co-processor the Apple Camera Connection Kit will be required.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/495#post_11998456

Strangely I got it to work (one page before) using the USB B version with adapters and not cck kit.  I do not have the micro usb version as I was using the Herus+ previously.  

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #3,964 of 42,765
The micro iDSD is an interesting device full of fancy copyrighted features which can't be copied, at least not legally. It's main emphasis by the majority of reviewers, seems to be summarized as a great amp but an ok DAC. The Mojo on the other hand seems to be tilting on a great DAC but an ok amp. One might have to marry both to get the word great out of the combo.

I have both of them - so you suggested I shouldn't go rid of the iDSD micro?

send with LG G4

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #3,965 of 42,765

Those are my coaxial (75ohm) interconnects for the ibasso dx90. If some of you guys are interested, i could do them for you. I can also use coloured paracord in the small interconnect if you want that. Just PM me if you are interested.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #3,966 of 42,765
  I believe that there has already been an official response from Chord about this and on the first page of this thread there is a link that states that due to the Mojo not having the Apple Co-processor the Apple Camera Connection Kit will be required.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/495#post_11998456

Thank you, but we already know that.
This cable is sold buy the chinese retailer has using some kind of a counterfeit chip, making it work like the Apple CCK.
The same thing that FIIO is doing with the L19, but by going through the APPLE certification process.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #3,967 of 42,765

Those are my coaxial (75ohm) interconnects for the ibasso dx90. If some of you guys are interested, i could do them for you. I can also use coloured paracord in the small interconnect if you want that. Just PM me if you are interested.

Competition? :D. :beerchug:

I've been there and attempted the same but they have to have some trust in you and a bottom dollar price. The only way I think this could work is if you show them how to fish, that's way cheaper but if they can't that's a humble road to claim one.

By the way your cable looks great, that's pretty much how mine will look like once I use my trusted 75 ohm full body jacket cable. A bit bulky but worth every inch of it. Keep the work going and please you may want to ask @mythion to add references to your cable on the first page, I believe that's a nice way to help your compatriots.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #3,968 of 42,765
Nov 5, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #3,970 of 42,765
Here is my biggest rant against Mojo: the paint job used is easily removable. I already have two scratch mark and I do not know where they came from. I think Chord should have a look at it. I love how it feels, the non-slippery finish is great however the issue with black finish is how easily it shows the scratches.

Right now listening with K3003 and I couldn't care less about the scratches, I guess the sound is what counts end of the day. 

Scratch marks are also a concern of mine which is why I opted for the silver version of Hugo.

My Mojo has a tiny mark on it which was possibly caused by simply picking it up with my left hand where my wedding ring grazed it.

However John Franks posted yesterday that he designed it to be tough enough to last for years and Noel Keywood's review for Hifi World quotes Chord as saying it is scratch proof.

Would any other owners care to comment?

Ian

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #3,971 of 42,765
Herus+ running DSD with just the short cable.

Oh there seems to be a bug with IOS 9.1. Onkyo HF will not play DSD from my herus+ or Mojo on iphone 6s with IOS 9.1.  You hear a very loud hiss with a very low song volume.  high res PCM files plays fine on both on IOS 9.1 

I hope Apple new IOS 9.2 resolves this or there will be very angry folks.  

Yes I tried the apple CCK but still the exact same issue. I wonder why no one else has brought this up.

Hi,

I see you have mentioned this a couple of times now but no one has responded. I don't yet have any DSD material but have the following thoughts.

1. On the App Store I see that Onkyo make a general comment that if you have problems after an iOS update you should re-install the App. Have you tried this?

2. Have you tried contacting Onkyo via their support website. There is a link on the App. Store.

3. If Apple has changed something I would expect Onkyo to produce a fix / workaround. Since Apple don't support DSD per se then I can't think how they might have broken it.

4. Have you tried any other DSD playing apps?

Good luck

Ian

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #3,972 of 42,765
Scratch marks are also a concern of mine which is why I opted for the silver version of Hugo.

My Mojo has a tiny mark on it which was possibly caused by simply picking it up with my left hand where my wedding ring grazed it.

However John Franks posted yesterday that he designed it to be tough enough to last for years and Noel Keywood's review for Hifi World quotes Chord as saying it is scratch proof.

Ian

Ian
we are sooty your unhappy about the finish. We have however never stated the surface is scratch proof and neither have we ever stated that mojo has a "paint job" Mojo is machined from a solid block of Aluminium so we know mojo is very tough far tougher than most mobile units that is a fact. The aluminium surface is Glass powder bead blasted and then hard anodised. The notation on Mojo is not screen printed but has been Laser Ablated to be very durable. The surface is durable but not unscratchable like most items including other mobile products. We could have chosen much cheaper production methods and materials but we wanted to manufacture a really well made product. We have some good news for customers concerned about protecting their Mojo its that we have designed a hard protective and stylish case and these are shortly to be manufactured for us. We hope you will like the design. We think you will.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #3,973 of 42,765
we are sooty your unhappy about the finish. We have however never stated the surface is scratch proof and neither have we ever stated that mojo has a "paint job" Mojo is machined from a solid block of Aluminium so we know mojo is very tough far tougher than most mobile units that is a fact. The aluminium surface is Glass powder bead blasted and then hard anodised. The notation on Mojo is not screen printed but has been Laser Ablated to be very durable. The surface is durable but not unscratchable like most items including other mobile products. We could have chosen much cheaper production methods and materials but we wanted to manufacture a really well made product. We have some good news for customers concerned about protecting their Mojo its that we have designed a hard protective and stylish case and these are shortly to be manufactured for us. We hope you will like the design. We think you will.
Not Sooty Sorry !

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #3,974 of 42,765

When can we see it?

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #3,975 of 42,765
Hi,

I see you have mentioned this a couple of times now but no one has responded. I don't yet have any DSD material but have the following thoughts.

1. On the App Store I see that Onkyo make a general comment that if you have problems after an iOS update you should re-install the App. Have you tried this?

2. Have you tried contacting Onkyo via their support website. There is a link on the App. Store.

3. If Apple has changed something I would expect Onkyo to produce a fix / workaround. Since Apple don't support DSD per se then I can't think how they might have broken it.

4. Have you tried any other DSD playing apps?

Good luck

Ian

I will do a reinstall of the all when I can. Traveling tomorrow and do not want to be without any music in case I need to resync my songs after a reinstall!

I am not aware of other dad capable app. I tried a few when I was deciding a while back. None actually worked as well as onkyo as I recalled. Will drop a mail to onkyo too! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back