Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 4, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #3,901 of 42,765
I haven't read the whole thread but anyone already compared sound quality to the iDSD Micro or iDSD Nano?

The 'search this thread' feature is a great tool to use. :wink_face:

Here are the results searching "iDSD":

http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?search=IDSD&resultSortingPreference=recency&byuser=&output=posts&sdate=0&newer=1&type=all&containingthread%5B0%5D=784602&advanced=1

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #3,902 of 42,765
  I haven't read the whole thread but anyone already compared sound quality to the iDSD Micro or iDSD Nano?

This is based on memory, but the Mojo may have a very slight edge in term of over all sound quality.  I remember the iDSD Micro being a tad less open compared to the Mojo.  This is with the HD800 by the way.  

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #3,904 of 42,765
The micro iDSD is an interesting device full of fancy copyrighted features which can't be copied, at least not legally. It's main emphasis by the majority of reviewers, seems to be summarized as a great amp but an ok DAC. The Mojo on the other hand seems to be tilting on a great DAC but an ok amp. One might have to marry both to get the word great out of the combo.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #3,905 of 42,765
The micro iDSD is an interesting device full of fancy copyrighted features which can't be copied, at least not legally. It's main emphasis by the majority of reviewers, seems to be summarized as a great amp but an ok DAC. The Mojo on the other hand seems to be tilting on a great DAC but an ok amp. One might have to marry both to get the word great out of the combo.
Damn all of you who mention(ed) about amping mojo...

Been testing, and am at the moment, charging the final piece of "The Cube", and it removes some of the lushness of the mojo, but gives extension and clarity of Hugo...

For how long (before my pockets split) I do not know, but will be running AK120 -> Mojo -> Vorzuge Pure II+

Cruel how they are sized so well together...

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #3,906 of 42,765

Been testing, and am at the moment, charging the final piece of "The Cube", and it removes some of the lushness of the mojo, but gives extension and clarity of Hugo...

For how long (before my pockets split) I do not know, but will be running AK120 -> Mojo -> Vorzuge Pure II+

Or AK120->Mojo->Cavalli Liquid Carbon (desktop) or

AK120->Mojo->RSA Intruder (portability) or

Pick your own DAP->Mojo->Pick you own Amp

Possibilities are endless :D

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #3,907 of 42,765
Or AK120->Mojo->Cavalli Carbon :D
Shuddup!!

Must ignore... Must ignore...

Actually for balance, the amp in the mojo is fantastic, as the Vorzuge is charging in my bag, I'm back with just Mojo, and cannot fault it, let us not forget, for the selling price, it is (imo) a giant killer... The Vorzuge, well, that is just a stronger sling for David's stone.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #3,908 of 42,765

Just looked it up, you really must have very wide pockets!!

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #3,910 of 42,765
Hi guys, not sure if this had been asked before.

I'm getting an interconnect made to connect the X5 2nd Gen to the Chord Mojo.

But what is the 4 pole 3.5mm jack configuration should be like? Thanks.

Eg:

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #3,911 of 42,765
Here is my biggest rant against Mojo: the paint job used is easily removable. I already have two scratch mark and I do not know where they came from. I think Chord should have a look at it. I love how it feels, the non-slippery finish is great however the issue with black finish is how easily it shows the scratches.

Right now listening with K3003 and I couldn't care less about the scratches, I guess the sound is what counts end of the day. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #3,912 of 42,765

Eg:

Are you trying to wire the Coax line of the X2 to the coax line of the Mojo? If so why 4-pole connectors?

As far as I can tell the Mojo does not have a line in plug so can't use that interconnect for that.

This is what you should ask your cable maker; make a 3.5 mm mono to mono male connectors short length 75 ohm coax cable wired this way:

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #3,913 of 42,765

For coaxial see below:

Source:
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40478

X5ii coaxial pin configuration:

X5 first gen coaxial pin configuration:

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #3,914 of 42,765
Just looked it up, you really must have very wide pockets!!
Blurry, squished on a train picture coming up

Out of shot is my Layla's... Haha, all a bit silly really to squeeze the last nth percentage of enjoyment out of my miserable commute...

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #3,915 of 42,765
For coaxial see below:

Source:
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40478

That's an awfull cable design, why the RCA on the other end, does the Mojo require an RCA connector? I don't own one right now so the pictures is all I have and it looks like the Mojo has a 3.5 mm mono jack for the coax line similar to the X2 ii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back