Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 4, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #3,871 of 42,765
Hell's teeth. I just ordered one, and I am naturally having the 'what have I done' feeling anyway. Then you post scare stories, lol. :ph34r:

What you have done is purchase a remarkable device at a remarkable price from a company in your backyard that will back you up in the remote chance that there is anything wrong with your unit.

Nov 4, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #3,872 of 42,765

Hell's teeth. I just ordered one, and I am naturally having the 'what have I done' feeling anyway. Then you post scare stories, lol.
ph34r.gif

There is nothing made that doesn't have a few hick-ups but I have zero issues with the Mojo sitting here and I doubt there will be but a few and as stated by Chord, all but the earliest shipped have the new regulator so there should be no worries. 

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #3,873 of 42,765

There is nothing made that doesn't have a few hick-ups but I have zero issues with the Mojo sitting here and I doubt there will be but a few and as stated by Chord, all but the earliest shipped have the new regulator so there should be no worries. 

I hope you're right on that one. The mojo I received with the noise problems was purchased this Monday.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #3,874 of 42,765
  Just received my mojo today, initially going to use it with my iPhone while I decide on a suitable DAP.

Had a heart stopping moment though when I just checked to see how the initial charging process was going.

Charging LED was still illuminated and the mojo was emitting a high pitched noise. I'd used an iPod 5V/1A charger, on removal and plugged into the USB port of my MacBook Pro the light is extinguished and everything seems hunky dory. Phew!!

Nope, scratch that, getting the same noise, it can ratch up in intensity, initially as sort of whine, like a portable hard disk drive running, to an almost screech. When the mojo is powered up and the charging cable is still attached the noise drops considerably, but can still be heard.

Doesn't look good, can anyone confirm, is their mojo completely silent during the charging process?

I have 2 mojos, one is completely silent, the other is just like yours.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #3,875 of 42,765
Fortunately we are well connected into our worldwide distribution network and we get daily enemy hourly up dates. It seems that we have indeed tapped a huge market as the volumes of orders now hitting us could not be from only us audiophiles our retailers are saying that they have never seen such frenetic sales activity before on any product like this before. So we are in for an interesting time I think.

can we please have some mojos over in Athens , Greece ?

your authorized seller/distributor still has zero mojos to demosntrate/sell

pretty please ? thank you 
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #3,876 of 42,765
Mine was doing the same thing. It stopped happening once I switched to a more powerful charger. If you're getting a full charge and there are no issues elsewhere then I think you're being a little bit hasty in returning it. It's not really a fault.

Did you read all my post? How much more powerful are you talking about than a 1A and 2A chargers I used. Not to mention I have another Mojo that is completely silent with the same chargers.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #3,877 of 42,765
Nov 4, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #3,878 of 42,765

I think 10 years was mentioned. On cycles I don't know but normally you don't go deep cycles each time. The battery is replaceable by a dealer as it is just pin fitting vs the soldering of the Hugo.

The battery might have a shelf life of 10 years, but in normal use it will need replacing before then. I think that the Mojo is a plug and socket replacement.  It's likely that it will be be replaced with a new battery technology  within a couple of years, probably Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) which has a great power density and more charge cycles (1500+)

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #3,879 of 42,765
Hello sorry for not posting sooner Yes we've shipped many thousands of units and we have had a very few well under ten with this problem it's due to a regulator issue on some early units. Naturally we soon altered the process and have solved this issue but there are a few out there please take it in for an immediate replacement. John E. Franks.

No Problem John, thanks for responding.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #3,880 of 42,765
  within a couple of years, probably Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) which has a great power density and more charge cycles (1500+)

But also a lower cell voltage and different charging characteristics so it is unlikely to be swappable with the Li-po battery in the Mojo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium%E2%80%93sulfur_battery

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #3,882 of 42,765
Did you read all my post? How much more powerful are you talking about than a 1A and 2A chargers I used. Not to mention I have another Mojo that is completely silent with the same chargers.

I believe I quoted your post in its entirety and I don't recall anything about a second Mojo. A 2 Amp charger rectified the noise issue for me but I'm not sure my unit was as bad as what you and one or two others are describing.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #3,883 of 42,765
I believe I quoted your post in its entirety and I don't recall anything about a second Mojo. A 2 Amp charger rectified the noise issue for me but I'm not sure my unit was as bad as what you and one or two others are describing.

Please read the whole conversation not just a single post about a topic before responding. This has been a problem I see with may folks in headfi. commenting on a single post and not reading the whole conversation leading to out of context or misinformed responses. Usually leads to unnecessary arguments.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #3,884 of 42,765
I'm not a fan of the Mojo remembering the last volume settings - I guess I must reduce my number of IEMs and headphones. Anyway, like a good old fashioned volume dial with on/off clicks, I now turn the Mojo volume all the way down (to red) before switching off.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #3,885 of 42,765
Same here. Mine emits a high pitched whine whenever it's being charged but it does not transmit through my earphones. Not sure if I should have it replaced? What would you guys do?

John confirmed that is an issue on some of the units which they have corrected. See his response.

I will get mine replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back