Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 4, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #3,886 of 42,765
I'm not a fan of the Mojo remembering the last volume settings - I guess I must reduce my number of IEMs and headphones. Anyway, like a good old fashioned volume dial with on/off clicks, I now turn the Mojo volume all the way down (to red) before switching off.

And always remember to take it off Line-out mode before listening directly to the Mojo. In playing with my CDM today I plugged my K10s into the Mojo while it was still in line-out and oh-my-goodness it was loud. Fastest I've moved it a while in turning it off! Ouch

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #3,887 of 42,765
Look at the volume colours before listening, highly recommended.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #3,888 of 42,765
Look at the volume colours before listening, highly recommended.

Yeah, that would have been smart! Problem is I was doing head-to-head comparisons of using the Mojo amped and not and was unfortunately thinking more about the music then the settings. Doh!

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #3,889 of 42,765
Yeah, that would have been smart! Problem is I was doing head-to-head comparisons of using the Mojo amped and not and was unfortunately thinking more about the music then the settings. Doh!

I had similar thing testing gear (not with the Mojo).. Blew my ears out. First and last time that'll ever happen for me!

:beerchug:

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #3,890 of 42,765
I had similar thing testing gear (not with the Mojo).. Blew my ears out. First and last time that'll ever happen for me!

beerchug.gif

Seriously. 

One of my rules of life is "it's good to have scar tissue, but not scar tissue on top of your scar tissue."

So endeth today's lesson. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #3,891 of 42,765
It's funny though that when that happens, we always try to quickly reduce the offending volume instead of just yanking the jack out of the amplifier.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #3,892 of 42,765
It's funny though that when that happens, we always try to quickly reduce the offending volume instead of just yanking the jack out of the amplifier.

To be honest I can't actually remember if I turned the volume down, hit stop, pulled the CIEMs out of my ears or what. I just had to make it stop. 

Actually instead of waterboarding maybe they should use "IEM torture"? 
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #3,893 of 42,765

On the above Instructions it states that 'Mojo will not power back on for at least 12 seconds after powering off. 

However, on the Mojo Manual pdf found on Chord's site it states that you only have to wait 5 seconds between switching on or off for the power button to respond again.

So which is correct? 

The above pic is a 'Turbo Power Supply' that supports Motorola's 'Adaptive Charging' for the Nexus 6, it basically charges extra quickly when the device it is charging supports the adaptive charging. Can this be used to charge the Mojo or will it fry the circuits and explode in my face? 

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #3,894 of 42,765

On the above Instructions it states that 'Mojo will not power back on for at least 12 seconds after powering off. 

However, on the Mojo Manual pdf found on Chord's site it states that you only have to wait 5 seconds between switching on or off for the power button to respond again.

So which is correct? 

In my experience with the Mojo it's closer to 5 seconds. 

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #3,896 of 42,765
Please read the whole conversation not just a single post about a topic before responding. This has been a problem I see with may folks in headfi. commenting on a single post and not reading the whole conversation leading to out of context or misinformed responses. Usually leads to unnecessary arguments.

I think you might be a bit sensitive on this issue. As far as I've read, the reply to your post only suggested a more powerful charger based on his own experience. You came back with a 'read my post before you comment' reply which is a bit abrasive. I was thinking along the same lines that if your unit is working properly otherwise it might be a better idea not to act hastily and return it just because there are a few concentrated posts on an Internet forum. Obviously, based on your own real world usage it can only be up to yourself to decide if it's worth returning so what anyone else says is just advice. Don't shoot the messenger is the often used phrase.

On a separate very minor thing and this is about using some common sense rather than having a dig at others way of thinking, does being able to turn your unit back on after 5 or 12 seconds make a big difference? :wink:

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #3,897 of 42,765
I just picked up a Mojo from my local dealer.

I am glad I checked it before leaving the store as the optical cover was jammed opened and the unit did not turn on.

This is a little strange given the lipo battery. Lipos should be stored at 60-80% of full charge, this maximises the storage time for a lipo battery.

As the unit did not turn on this would seem as though that unit was sent out in a discharged state. Had it not been discovered this early then the battery could be permanently damaged if it self discharged below 3v per cell.

The dealer was happy to exchange on the spot, luckily he had one spare out of the 4 he was issued.

I playing it now from my MBP whilst writing this post so there is one happy customer here!

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #3,898 of 42,765
I think you might be a bit sensitive on this issue. As far as I've read, the reply to your post only suggested a more powerful charger based on his own experience. You came back with a 'read my post before you comment' reply which is a bit abrasive. I was thinking along the same lines that if your unit is working properly otherwise it might be a better idea not to act hastily and return it just because there are a few concentrated posts on an Internet forum. Obviously, based on your own real world usage it can only be up to yourself to decide if it's worth returning so what anyone else says is just advice. Don't shoot the messenger is the often used phrase.

On a separate very minor thing and this is about using some common sense rather than having a dig at others way of thinking, does being able to turn your unit back on after 5 or 12 seconds make a big difference?
wink.gif

Dude you are mixing topics/things up. Again, I suggest you re-read the posts again. Otherwise, my response will appear abrasive again. I know this thread moves very quickly so I'll avoid petty arguments as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back