Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 9, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #36,679 of 42,765
Hello, my first post here, will be happy for some help from Mojo owners who use the unit with power hungry Cans:
I own the Mojo and I like it a lot with my Isine20 and Hifiman HE400I.
I ordered the Argon Mk3 ( modded Fostex T50rp mk3). Are those cans to hard to drive by my little gem to their full potential?
Thank you in advance!

I own t50rp mkiii and mojo and it drives them fine in my opinion , I also own he400i and with mojo they are awesome.

Jun 9, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #36,680 of 42,765
To me with hiby player everything is perfect, the light mojo always corresponds to the resolution of the file, but when I pass from a file 16/44 to 24/96 it always does that noise in the headphones.

Jun 9, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #36,682 of 42,765
i was wondering did anyone think bout buying a small android phone like sony zx2 and then 3d print a case that holds the mojo to it so that it can this combo would look as a dap

i would be so willing to pay for such a case

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #36,683 of 42,765
Hi all, sorry to ask for this as it could have been discussed.
I am considering purchase any of the Shanling models, M0, M1, etc., to be used 90% as a transport for Mojo, the remaining 10% as DAP so not looking a high SQ with IEMs.
Has anyone paired successfully a Shanling model with Mojo? Which one? If M0 great news as it's the cheapest.
Thanks
Yes, I use the M1 with the Mojo, and it works fine.
I have recommended the pairing several times.
There are plenty of posts on the M1 thread, that contain the search term 'Mojo'.
https://www.head-fi.org/search/10293240/?q=Mojo&t=post&o=relevance&c[thread]=816385

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #36,684 of 42,765
i was wondering did anyone think bout buying a small android phone like sony zx2 and then 3d print a case that holds the mojo to it so that it can this combo would look as a dap

i would be so willing to pay for such a case
Search this thread using the search term '3D'.
A few owners have posted about their experiments with printing cases, for example https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...n-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-2422#post-14215445
There have also been posts about printing tilted stands, but I think those were probably on the Hugo2 thread.
Nevertheless they do demonstrate what is possible with a bit of ingenuity.

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #36,685 of 42,765
Working on a 3D printed case for the Mojo. First prototype done, will need a few more iterations, but looks promising!
Later I am planning to do another version of the case to stack the Mojo with a Hiby R3, to add touch-screen UI, storage and connectivity to the Mojo.

i really like the idea of 3d print, I was thinking why not choose one small android device with great specs and make a 3d printed case so that the combo would like like a dap, of course things to consider are using a very short angled micro usb to micro usb that also will be hidden in the case.

Jun 9, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #36,686 of 42,765
Jun 9, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #36,687 of 42,765
Thanks a lot, I found as well same answers in M0 thread.
Do I correctly understand M0 is more powerful at reduced size than M1?
Basically more powerful, but I think that there were one or two elements of functionality that were removed, in order to reduce the battery drain.
Remember that the M1 was the entry level dap, and the M0 is the relatively recent dap, that builds on the experience gained with the M1 dap.

You can also use the hibylink app to control the shanling daps, using a phone or tablet, so the small dap screen size need not be an issue.

Jun 9, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #36,688 of 42,765
HI all,

I have acquired a chord mojo from a fellow headfier and have been having issues getting it to charge. This is with a wall charger. The white light does not stay on for long when plugged in.

This is with the stock cable. I've been looking around for another USB cable that fits the mojo's port but haven't had any luck yet.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #36,689 of 42,765
HI all,

I have acquired a chord mojo from a fellow headfier and have been having issues getting it to charge. This is with a wall charger. The white light does not stay on for long when plugged in.

This is with the stock cable. I've been looking around for another USB cable that fits the mojo's port but haven't had any luck yet.

Thanks for your help!
What colour is the small led by the charge port when you switch the Mojo on without the charge cable connected?

Jun 10, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #36,690 of 42,765
hugo 2 directly playing into benchmark ahb2 in low gain mode. speakers are kef r300 aided by monitor audio rsw12 sub. hugo 2 has amazing dynamics and clarity. it really makes everything alive. my room need some sound absorbing material which i will do in next few days. video and audio recorded with separate devices. cabling is all furutech custom one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back