Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 8, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #36,661 of 42,765
I've been interested in the Mojo for a while now after getting a chance to listen with one back in February, but the 1 year warranty and all the nightmares people are telling about their Mojo breaking just after the 1 year mark is terrifying (mostly battery issue).
As always with these things you have to bear in mind that those with problems are nearly always a very small percentage but of course when you get say ten reporting the same fault on a forum it starts to look bad. However if you take the number of sales which I believe is north of 50000 then the amount with a fault looks even smaller. Forums are great but they can make a product look as though it has a high failure rate when in reality it is far from it.

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #36,662 of 42,765
As always with these things you have to bear in mind that those with problems are nearly always a very small percentage but of course when you get say ten reporting the same fault on a forum it starts to look bad. However if you take the number of sales which I believe is north of 50000 then the amount with a fault looks even smaller. Forums are great but they can make a product look as though it has a high failure rate when in reality it is far from it.

Nice summary. And I got the impression that most if not all of the battery issues were reported by people who left the Mojo connected to the charger either continuously or charged it while using it. This seems to be bad practice, as it makes the Mojo get really warm and heat is the big enemy of LiPo batteries.

Jun 8, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #36,663 of 42,765
Nice summary. And I got the impression that most if not all of the battery issues were reported by people who left the Mojo connected to the charger either continuously or charged it while using it. This seems to be bad practice, as it makes the Mojo get really warm and heat is the big enemy of LiPo batteries.
Thanks. Yes you are correct, anything with a lithium ion or lithium polymer battery should not be left on for long periods. They should be charged often even if only slightly discharged as they do not like to be completely run down too often either.

Jun 8, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #36,665 of 42,765
I've been interested in the Mojo for a while now after getting a chance to listen with one back in February, but the 1 year warranty and all the nightmares people are telling about their Mojo breaking just after the 1 year mark is terrifying (mostly battery issue).

I've been interested in the Mojo - 3 years ago - and got it over 2.5 years ago. Use it daily, so far no problems here. In desktop mode, I tend to disconnect it from charging when it is fully charged and when I turn it off, connect it back. There is very little time when I listen to music from a computer without it, something like 5%. My Mojo and my iPhone always bring a smile to my face, two of my favorite toys that enrich my life.

Jun 8, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #36,666 of 42,765
I suppose if you eliminate the impossible - whatever else remains no matter how improbable!
But t I’d bet a kidney, that there is a real physical thing that is making those headphones sound more alive (and I imagine it’s more then just - a more accurate representation of the original sound waves).
Perhaps the hugo can drive the headphones quicker - or there are other substantive differences between Hugo and mojo that explain this - maybe rob can say)

You know my ongoing journey in exploring that question... :)

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #36,668 of 42,765
Now waiting for either the iFi Micro iDSD Black Edition or Chord Mojo to go on sale. Hmmmm.. anyone know when Mojo 2 might be released if ever?

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #36,669 of 42,765
Now waiting for either the iFi Micro iDSD Black Edition or Chord Mojo to go on sale. Hmmmm.. anyone know when Mojo 2 might be released if ever?
No manufacturer would give that sort of information out whilst still manufacturing the current model, it would be a self inflicted kiss of death on sales. It would be announced when they have shipped the last stock to dealers normally but while sales are still pretty good on the current model (as far as I can see) then why bother launching a model 2?

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #36,670 of 42,765

That question has been asked before, and the answer is twofold.
Firstly, it would require a new low energy FPGA chip with significantly more power, to be able to implement a more powerful version of the CHORD DAC.
FPGAs are industrial, no consumer electronics, so their life cycles is significantly longer, and I am not aware of a new generation becoming available.
Secondly, Chord has stated that they have no plans at the moment for a Mojo 2.

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #36,671 of 42,765
Ok, I think I'll give Mojo a go. Looks like it doesnt go on sale, if ever, so I might just have to bite it at $540 at Moon Audio or Audio46. Anyone know if they provide coupon codes once in a while?

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #36,672 of 42,765
Ok, I think I'll give Mojo a go. Looks like it doesnt go on sale, if ever, so I might just have to bite it at $540 at Moon Audio or Audio46. Anyone know if they provide coupon codes once in a while?
You do see Mojos for sale as 'destocking' or 'ex-demo'. I bought my Mojo ex-demo, and I could find no evidence of the box having been opened, or the Mojo ever being used. So keep your eyes (and google) peeled.

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #36,673 of 42,765
Why not get one second hand on the forum ?

Jun 9, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #36,674 of 42,765
Hi all, sorry to ask for this as it could have been discussed.
I am considering purchase any of the Shanling models, M0, M1, etc., to be used 90% as a transport for Mojo, the remaining 10% as DAP so not looking a high SQ with IEMs.
Has anyone paired successfully a Shanling model with Mojo? Which one? If M0 great news as it's the cheapest.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back