Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 19, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #36,136 of 42,765
The easiest way around this is to create a spare email address that doesn't matter if it gets spammed or sold or whatever.

The easiest sign-up process that I know of, which also happens to be for a very good free e-mail service (hosted on a secure server in Switzerland), is ProtonMail.com

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you try it.

Sorry, I'm NOT in (and thanks for link, BTW).
If someone has a problem, has also the burden to document it to help other people helping him/her.
Problematic track with Mojo? Don't have Dropbox? Don't have an FTP? Share it as a Torrent with the disclaimer it is NOT Copyrighted just above the link.

I'll repeat: no way I'll go and sign up for that free email service either. Another sign-up. I've literally hundreds of Sign-ups to keep track of already: mine and customers' related.

Just my point of view. To each one his/her own. :)

Apr 20, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #36,137 of 42,765
New Mojo owner here... and I am blown away too!
WOW...

I read much of the FAQ section, and being an engineer it all seemed to make sense.
Rob Watts is obviously very thoroughly addressing the various technical issues with electronics and audio, and solving them from the ground up instead of dealing with the problems of standard designs and trying to compensate. It really makes sense.

What I was NOT prepared for, is that this level of technical performance and incredible expertise and know how would be made available to the masses in form of such a humble yet capable device! That is AMAZING.

I spent 2 years building up and optimizing a stereo system some 18 years ago, and was very happy with it.
Within the next weeks or months I'll start testing the Mojo in comparison to my belt driven CD drive + 3,5k€ DAC combo, and I have a strong feeling that I will be spending more money with Chord Electronics in the future...

A big thanks to the team behind the Mojo, to the Forum for all the valuable information, and a very special thanks to Rob Watts for sharing his amazing know how and experience and bringing so much musical enjoyment to so many people. You have my greatest respect, sir!

Amen :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #36,138 of 42,765
Glad you're enjoying it. There's almost a lifetime of experience, on Rob's part, coalesced into Mojo, and I know it's one of the designs which, in spite of (actually, partly because of) it's accessible pricetag, he is most proud of.

...and thankyou for being one of the seemingly rare individuals who actually took the time to read the info at the beginning of the thread - you'd be amazed how many hundreds of people overlooked it.

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #36,139 of 42,765
I’m loving my mojo and poly combo very much . Especaily after the release of go figure app. I can’t describe how happy I’m with the use case with this chord dap on the go.

The sound of mojo is very good for what it’s selling for. But i don’t think it can compete with daps like Sony wm1z or AK sp1000 on sound details and resolution . I know there is a big gap on the price compare to mojo and no points to compare these daps with mojo.

What I want to say is. I wish chord will release a mojo 2 in the future that will compatible with current poly. With a sound that can compete with Sony and ak flagship daps . Maybe hugo2 quality in the mojo2 case? For the sake of portability and great sound.
I had a chance to demo the sp1000 and wm1z in a shop and I just wish my mojo can produce a sound like those top of the line dap.
I love the mojo poly experience and portability and also the detail and sound stage of Hugo 2. If this will happen in the near future. I will hold on to my mojo poly for now and don’t need to consider change to Sony or ak.

If Sony and ak can make something sound so great in a portable size then I’m sure chord can make a new mojo that just sound as good or better. Even if the price will be higher but I’m sure there is a market for it especially for people already have poly and want to upgrade for a higher end portable dap to a level like ak sp1000 or wm1z.

Hugo 2 just not portable enough for me.
Mojo poly is very impressive for what it is. I just wish there will be a upgrade on the mojo in the near future and the current poly can still be useful on the new mojo.
That would sound perfect for me.

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #36,140 of 42,765
I’m loving my mojo and poly combo very much . Especaily after the release of go figure app. I can’t describe how happy I’m with the use case with this chord dap on the go.

The sound of mojo is very good for what it’s selling for. But i don’t think it can compete with daps like Sony wm1z or AK sp1000 on sound details and resolution . I know there is a big gap on the price compare to mojo and no points to compare these daps with mojo.

What I want to say is. I wish chord will release a mojo 2 in the future that will compatible with current poly. With a sound that can compete with Sony and ak flagship daps . Maybe hugo2 quality in the mojo2 case? For the sake of portability and great sound.
I had a chance to demo the sp1000 and wm1z in a shop and I just wish my mojo can produce a sound like those top of the line dap.
I love the mojo poly experience and portability and also the detail and sound stage of Hugo 2. If this will happen in the near future. I will hold on to my mojo poly for now and don’t need to consider change to Sony or ak.

If Sony and ak can make something sound so great in a portable size then I’m sure chord can make a new mojo that just sound as good or better. Even if the price will be higher but I’m sure there is a market for it especially for people already have poly and want to upgrade for a higher end portable dap to a level like ak sp1000 or wm1z.

Mojo poly is very impressive for what it is. I just wish there will be a upgrade on the mojo in the near future and the current poly can still be useful on the new mojo.

In the FAQs and comments from Rob Watts, there's interesting discussion about how the perception of the sound can change with time, and how what initially sounds better due to various types of distortion can be fatiguing over time. And of course the headgear and music tracks you're using for demo also matter a lot.

I don't have the specialized expertise to understand the engineering technicalities, but my impression is that Chord is doing some rather sophisticated engineering with a lot of attention to detail and a deep understanding of psychoacoustics.

Apr 20, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #36,141 of 42,765
I don't have the specialized expertise to understand the engineering technicalities, but my impression is that Chord is doing some rather sophisticated engineering with a lot of attention to detail and a deep understanding of psychoacoustics.

My ears/brain have really gotten accustomed to the mojo as I have a difficult time listening to my Dragon Fly red now.

Apr 20, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #36,142 of 42,765

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...n-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-2367#post-14076353

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #36,145 of 42,765
Pages 2382, 2383, 2384 also have some discussion on the matter of Mojo2 being extremely unlikely in the forseeable couple of years.

Apr 20, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #36,146 of 42,765

Even I have very well trained ears and I have studied on audio engineering I cannot judge any audio gear spending a few minutes with them. Let's say on paper, a piece of gear has better numbers and higher price tag. Does it make it any better? I can not answer it, actually, nobody can. Perception of music is subjective. I have to cut it short because I'm at work atm. If something sounds better for you, go for it. That should be the one and the only rule you should follow in audio world.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #36,147 of 42,765
Even I have very well trained ears and I have studied on audio engineering I cannot judge any audio gear spending a few minutes with them. Let's say on paper, a piece of gear has better numbers and higher price tag. Does it make it any better? I can not answer it, actually, nobody can. Perception of music is subjective. I have to cut it short because I'm at work atm. If something sounds better for you, go for it. That should be the one and the only rule you should follow in audio world.

Without wanting to beat a dead horse, even our individual subjectivity isn't entirely reliable. Our perception of what sounds "better" is influenced by many factors: product appearance and price tag, music track, volume level, background noise, time of day, mood, amount of time spent listening, etc. Personally, I find it helpful to do multiple listening sessions with various pieces of music, under various conditions, before trying to make finer distinctions about what sounds better to me (larger distinctions can often be made fairly quickly and reliably).

Apr 20, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #36,148 of 42,765
If something sounds better for you, go for it. That should be the one and the only rule you should follow in audio world.

A similar rule I see in operation, quite frequently, in Head-Fi threads, seems to go unnoticed by most of the people who are following the rule:

"If something sounds better for you, then it's only a matter of time before some else sounds even better to you, and then something else, and then something else, and then something else...."

Apr 20, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #36,149 of 42,765
But I guess it wouldn’t hurt if I just want to say my wish. So chord can hear what people is wising for in there future product. :)
Don't get my post wrong. Many of us who have inhabited this Mojo thread for nearly 3 years, would be delighted if a Mojo2, offering Hugo2 like performance became available. Unfortunately there are technological constraints, related to chip thermal efficiency, which make the Mojo2 unlikely to happen in the near future.
So we are pragmatic realists, and don't want to accidently raise the hopes of anyone wishing for a Mojo2. :slight_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back