Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 19, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #36,106 of 42,765
I'm using Chord Hugo as a reference to say Chord Mojo actually got slight treble rolled off and also sounds warmer compared to Hugo brighter sound.
Mojo resolution is not as resolving as Hugo but sounds more musical.

Do you do A-B when you are actually listening to the music itself? Because many people in this forum forget to listen to the actual music for most of the time. They somewhat listen to the gear which is not the purpose of the gear we buy. We buy audio gear to listen to or create or consume music in some our own special way.

If we can "hear" that the trebles are rolled off then we can say trebles are rolled off. If we cannot hear it then we cannot say trebles are rolled off. Every gear will sound different. I don't find it relevant to say some gear is rolled off by just comparing it to another stuff.

For example, I can say that my Shure SE846 has rolled off trebles by not comparing it to another earphone, just because I can "hear" it.

When you say Mojo has rolled off treble, the average Joe who is considering to buy Mojo will be like "Oh well I guess I need to look somewhere else because Mojo has no treble"

This is wrong. Mojo has such a smooth and detailed treble response which you will never ever gonna find in any gear around its price range. It tells every bit of detail in any kind of music I have listened through it. And it gives you all the data in treble area in a way that it never gives you headaches or discomfort even you listen to your favorite music for hours.

I can call Mojo just magical. Because when it sits on your desk, it tells you to grab your headphones. When it is in your backpack, it whispers you and you feel happiness. When its battery is low, unfortunately you taste sadness.

Have a nice day and listen to the good music brothers and sisters! :beerchug:

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #36,107 of 42,765
Do you do A-B when you are actually listening to the music itself? Because many people in this forum forget to listen to the actual music for most of the time. They somewhat listen to the gear which is not the purpose of the gear we buy. We buy audio gear to listen to or create or consume music in some our own special way.

If we can "hear" that the trebles are rolled off then we can say trebles are rolled off. If we cannot hear it then we cannot say trebles are rolled off. Every gear will sound different. I don't find it relevant to say some gear is rolled off by just comparing it to another stuff.

For example, I can say that my Shure SE846 has rolled off trebles by not comparing it to another earphone, just because I can "hear" it.

When you say Mojo has rolled off treble, the average Joe who is considering to buy Mojo will be like "Oh well I guess I need to look somewhere else because Mojo has no treble"

This is wrong. Mojo has such a smooth and detailed treble response which you will never ever gonna find in any gear around its price range. It tells every bit of detail in any kind of music I have listened through it. And it gives you all the data in treble area in a way that it never gives you headaches or discomfort even you listen to your favorite music for hours.

I can call Mojo just magical. Because when it sits on your desk, it tells you to grab your headphones. When it is in your backpack, it whispers you and you feel happiness. When its battery is low, unfortunately you taste sadness.

Have a nice day and listen to the good music brothers and sisters! :beerchug:

I'm using Chord Hugo as a baseline. The Hugo is brighter and have a more extended treble range, if u compared side by side, Mojo just seems to lack of that part.
Not that I'm referring to Mojo as being inferior, I never say that, just that I find it more smoother and musical to my ears especially with "brighter" IEMs like Audio Techina CK100Pro, Final Audio FI-BA-SS it just sound perfect without the annoying treble spikes.

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #36,109 of 42,765
aight, i just got home and it happens on my computer too. heres the track

the silence is at 0:10, you'll have to download it, i have flac and wav

i just downloaded the mp3, that is working fine, so its just the lossless files that are weird

Oh wow..

I just downloaded the FLAC version of that song and yeah it cuts around 0:10 - 0:11. I didn't listen to entire song but yeah the silence happens there. I have tested it with my Apogee ONE, and there is no silence happening with it. I opened the file with foobar2000 and I'm on Windows 10 atm.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #36,111 of 42,765
Try downloading the .flac file, then re-encoding it to another .flac file.

Since it's lossless, you shouldn't lose any quality, and it might solve the weird glitch.

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #36,112 of 42,765
I have opened the file with Audacity to analyze the waveform and if I can start playback just before 0:10, there Mojo doesn't cut the synth sound but rather a clipping occurs on the right channel. My wild guess is there is some kind of phase error on the right channel @~0:10 and it confuses Mojo which makes it go silent for a moment rather than playing with error. When I have more time I will dig in this.

Apr 19, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #36,113 of 42,765
Try downloading the .flac file, then re-encoding it to another .flac file.

Since it's lossless, you shouldn't lose any quality, and it might solve the weird glitch.

I already tried converting it to wav but it is still there.

Apr 19, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #36,115 of 42,765
I have opened the file with Audacity to analyze the waveform and if I can start playback just before 0:10, there Mojo doesn't cut the synth sound but rather a clipping occurs on the right channel. My wild guess is there is some kind of phase error on the right channel @~0:10 and it confuses Mojo which makes it go silent for a moment rather than playing with error. When I have more time I will dig in this.

Would you share reults with me via PM?
Thanks

Apr 19, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #36,117 of 42,765
aight, i just got home and it happens on my computer too. heres the track

the silence is at 0:10, you'll have to download it, i have flac and wav

i just downloaded the mp3, that is working fine, so its just the lossless files that are weird

Interesting issue!

The song is fun though. Thank you :)

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #36,119 of 42,765
Can I use the usb adapter charger thar comes with the ipad (12W, input 0,5A, output 2,4A) to charge my Mojo?
Do you think this is more efficient than 5W (1A output) usb adapter of my iphone?
Which one is better?
Tks

Some 1A chargers don't actually manage to output 1A (if this happens, the tiny white charging LED on Mojo will flash/blink, which indicates that charging is NOT happening)

However, if the LED illuminates continuously, all is well.

As long as the LED illuminates continuously, you can you either of the chargers you mentioned. It doesn't really matter, although you might find the 2.4A charger charges Mojo slightly faster (you'll have to try, to find out).

Mojo has quite a lot of protection and regulation on the charger input, so you will not be able to charge 2.4x faster, though!

Apr 19, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #36,120 of 42,765
Final Audio FI-BA-SS with Chord Mojo is really special, Mojo's warmth with treble rolled off complement FI-BA-SS very well, no harsh treble at all, making listening very enjoyable!

So9FOLO.jpg

Can’t hear any roll off just smooth giving the impression it’s warmer. Compared with Hugo2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back