Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 10, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #33,691 of 42,765
Has anybody ever gotten extended warranty for their mojo? My mojo stop charging just two weeks after warranty expired, authorize repair shop took a look at it and suggested I contact Chord to possibly extend the warranty since it is only two weeks past warranty. I contacted Chord Electronics requesting extended warranty but no reply. I can't believe it died soon after the warranty. Anybody successfully extended their warranty?

Good grief... Is it too hard for the shop to replace the battery, which is most likely what needs to happen?

Sep 10, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #33,692 of 42,765
Has anybody ever gotten extended warranty for their mojo? My mojo stop charging just two weeks after warranty expired, authorize repair shop took a look at it and suggested I contact Chord to possibly extend the warranty since it is only two weeks past warranty. I contacted Chord Electronics requesting extended warranty but no reply. I can't believe it died soon after the warranty. Anybody successfully extended their warranty?
Never been reported on this thread, so the answer is probably no.
Based on the experiences on this thread, you probably either have a failed battery or a failed battery charging circuit (one of the components sometimes fails). Chord can ship you a battery if you want to try diy (typically about $40, and you can unscrew the back of the case, and the battery is connected by a cable/plug, so it is easy to diy). The repair shop can easily swap the battery, but they will want to test it works ok etc, and this can cost much more than the battery alone (some repair shops have been reported as asking of the order of $200), but others do charge more reasonable prices.

Sep 10, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #33,694 of 42,765

Even if you could extend warranty, I never heard of being able to extend it AFTER having a problem.

If this was allowable, there would never be a point in buying extended warranty until something goes wrong!

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #33,695 of 42,765
You need a cable that has a 3.5mm jack on the end that plugs in to the Mojo. What is your source feeding the Mojo?

I'm in need of an RCA to 3.5mm COAX. What pin configuration is needed for the 3.5mm SPDIF of the Mojo? I see different models for sale... TRS? TRRS? Doesn't matter?

Sep 10, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #33,696 of 42,765
I'm in need of an RCA to 3.5mm COAX. What pin configuration is needed for the 3.5mm SPDIF of the Mojo? I see different models for sale... TRS? TRRS? Doesn't matter?

Your safest bet is to go RCA to 3.5mm TS (mono). I've used a TRS adaptor and it works but I'm not exactly clear on the ground (Ring as ground, Sleeve as ground, or both). The Tip will always be the signal.

Sep 10, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #33,697 of 42,765
Your safest bet is to go RCA to 3.5mm TS (mono). I've used a TRS adaptor and it works but I'm not exactly clear on the ground (Ring as ground, Sleeve as ground, or both). The Tip will always be the signal.

Thanks, yeah, I figured as much. SPDIF with RCA is just two connectors. Ordered a 75Ohm RCA to RCA and an RCA to 3.5mm adaptor.

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #33,698 of 42,765
Hello,

Have a Mojo on the way, and plan on using it with my Fiio X5ii as a transport.

The closest thing to a coax cable I could find on Amazon has a pinout like this:

http://www.couillaler.fr/WebRoot/ce...ery/Cables/rode_sc7/Rode_SC7_schema_prise.jpg

Looks good, except the ring of the Mojo side looks like it's the signal instead of the ground. Will this cause an issue? Or is that ring pin on the Mojo side irrelevant?
All the plug connections are explained in the FAQ in post #3.

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #33,699 of 42,765
i have a pm1 oppo arriving wed. i want to improve mojo's sound but do not want to add an intona or usb to coax type device. i thought about poly as a home streamer but as i won't use mojo apart from desktop mode it may not be the solution. i have a budget 500gbp does anyone have any ideas? with oppo pm1 cans i don't really need another headphone right now or an iem. tough call.

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #33,700 of 42,765
i have a pm1 oppo arriving wed. i want to improve mojo's sound but do not want to add an intona or usb to coax type device. i thought about poly as a home streamer but as i won't use mojo apart from desktop mode it may not be the solution. i have a budget 500gbp does anyone have any ideas? with oppo pm1 cans i don't really need another headphone right now or an iem. tough call.

You are streaming Tidal HiFi to your Mac, correct? Have you tried an optical toslink connection from Mac to Mojo?

Sep 11, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #33,701 of 42,765

I think the intona is really expensive for what it is. I have this: https://tinyurl.com/ybzqyfbt ,the best version and it works great with Mojo. I can't see any reason to spend more on a USB isolator. It is probably a lot better then the intona, the build quality is for example superior. It is has a real power supply, not powered by USB bus.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #33,703 of 42,765
Hooster: "I have this: https://tinyurl.com/ybzqyfbt ,the best version"

This looks interesting. What's the difference between the three versions? Is it just the colour/finish?
I don't know what the differences are, but all three versions are at a price point where it is no great loss if the improvement is marginal, but great value if the improvement is very noticeable.

Sep 11, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #33,704 of 42,765
im considering a usb to optical convertor for mac air or high quality optical cable from imac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back