Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 12, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #33,721 of 42,765
kabeldirekt optical not costly plays 96khz tidal masters well to mojo. pm1 arriving tomorrow. roon experiment coming on. max can you give me some impressions pm1/mojo. i'm slightly worried when they say any amp drives it easily. optical from imac to mojo makes guitar reverberates and echo. awesome. h2 bad luck turned it around.

is it normal for mojo to switch off by itself after 10 or so minutes with desktop? if connected to a laptop does it stay on?

I had the PM-1' s for over a week thanks to the loaner program and really enjoyed them. Great synergy with Mojo;I think I was listening on Red/Orange most of the time and it sounded plenty loud and dynamic.

The only caveat I experienced with the PM1 were that the earpads would make my ears warm and after an hour I wanted to take them off and let my ears cool down. On the other hand that might be considered a good thing since you don't wanna listen for hours and hours on end since it could cause hearing loss and even some hearing damage over the long term.

To me the sound of the PM1 was really addictive and I'm glad I got to try them out.

Mojo only shuts off if the battery dies or if it gets too hot.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #33,722 of 42,765
also auto shut down on optical after 10 mins but not with usb. i just learnt this applies to new mojo's.

what do you think about my previous question regarding keeping mojo from sliding on table?

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #33,723 of 42,765
You could try electrical tape I suppose.

I used to use the UGREEN Magnetic Mount Desk Cell Phone Holder which looked really cool and kept Mojo above the table.

You could get a similar solution if you like the look.

Sep 12, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #33,724 of 42,765
wouldn't the magnetic force impact on mojo's electrical status?

Sep 12, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #33,725 of 42,765
against usb macbook air battery powered and usb imac. against ipad mini 2 retina with cck3 cable. optical out of imac to mojo was wow last night. very trippy. no need for convertors or fancy optical cables.

Precisely, which corroborates what I said previously, that the Mojo benefits from a USB isolator upstream. The jitterbug is fine, but I don't really see why you should not pay a little extra to get something serious like this: https://tinyurl.com/ybzqyfbt

usb.jpg

It makes the jutterbug look like a joke.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #33,726 of 42,765
also auto shut down on optical after 10 mins but not with usb. i just learnt this applies to new mojo's.

what do you think about my previous question regarding keeping mojo from sliding on table?

The Mojo sounds great via USB if you have a proper isolator. I think the 10 minute shut down is a iproduct issue and has nothing to do with Mojo, new or old. I use the optical input on Mojo all the time, optical from my TV. The Mojo never ever shuts down. Of course my TV is not an iproduct.

Sep 12, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #33,727 of 42,765
Mojo now uses an intelligent standby function in order to preserve battery life when not in use. If playback has been paused for longer than ten minutes Mojo will switch off.- newer mojos

what difference between optical from imac to optical from breeze? they're both digital.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #33,728 of 42,765
Mojo now uses an intelligent standby function in order to preserve battery life when not in use. If playback has been paused for longer than ten minutes Mojo will switch off.- newer mojos

what difference between optical from imac to optical from breeze? they're both digital.

Probably not much. The point of the Breeze is killing jitter and galvanic isolation, so it should be beneficial as a usb isolator. Optical already guarantees galvanic isolation and jitter may not be a big problem for the Mojo. So, like you have experienced, then optical out of your mac does not need any gadgets in between it and your Mojo. Too bad that that there is an auto shut down after 10 minutes. :angry:

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #33,730 of 42,765
wouldn't the magnetic force impact on mojo's electrical status?

No difference in SQ.

Precisely, which corroborates what I said previously, that the Mojo benefits from a USB isolator upstream. The jitterbug is fine, but I don't really see why you should not pay a little extra to get something serious like this: https://tinyurl.com/ybzqyfbt

usb.jpg

It makes the jutterbug look like a joke.

For a desktop solution your box is probobally better. Is that what you're using at home?

What I like about jitterbug is the ability to take it anywhere do to its size. But pretty soon Poly will make all these solutions redundant, so yeah.....

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #33,731 of 42,765
can you elaborate on how poly will improve mojo's sq quality in home set up streaming tidal via wifi? i thought seriously about poly but with imac optical can't see much point now.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #33,732 of 42,765
No difference in SQ.
For a desktop solution your box is probobally better. Is that what you're using at home?

Yes, and I have zero interest in Poly. This box works very well with Mojo. I use optical from my TV and USB from my computer as signals. The Mojo itself has no way to switch between these. When the box is turned on the Mojo plays the USB signal. If I turn the box off it does not see any USB signal and it plays the optical signal (optical is plugged straight into the Mojo, not going through the box). This way the on off switch on the box doubles as a toggle between sound from my TV and from my computer. Very practical and it does not hurt that it cleans up the USB crud coming out of my PC.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #33,733 of 42,765
i'm about to try a roon trial. exciting stuff. so many things to do after bad luck.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #33,734 of 42,765
can you elaborate on how poly will improve mojo's sq quality in home set up streaming tidal via wifi? i thought seriously about poly but with imac optical can't see much point now.

It can do everything the optical out from your iMac will do but you won't be chained to your desk and can listen in your bed, on the couch, outside while taking a walk. There won't be any headaches that occur due to RFI and EMI polluting the source, it will just be Mobile Joy. I also expect the SQ to rival the best sources money could buy and on top of that you won't be limited to one location.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #33,735 of 42,765
i only listen at my desk while surfing. i have little use for mobile audio. SQ rivals best sources......ummmm

im reading your pm1 review. great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back