Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 11, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #33,706 of 42,765
Guys, shop is charging $250 to replace the mojo battery. Is it a generic battery I could buy elsewhere and replace myself? Battery worked perfectly for 12 months and 2 weeks. Isn't it supposed to last longer?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #33,708 of 42,765
if bit perfect usb measures identical to optical then maybe optical is not the optimal solution?

Sep 11, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #33,709 of 42,765
Shop is taking you for a fool.

I think George Meyer AV is the only authorize Chord repair shop in the US. Chord told me to contact them for repairs. Anybody know of a cheaper shop to replace batteries? They would not sell me only the batteries. Must pay for service and battery.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #33,710 of 42,765
I think George Meyer AV is the only authorize Chord repair shop in the US. Chord told me to contact them for repairs. Anybody know of a cheaper shop to replace batteries? They would not sell me only the batteries. Must pay for service and battery.

Call Chord UK on +44 1622 721444 and get this sorted out. They are partly responsible for this since they have authorized this shop. I would tell them that I find this unacceptable. I would ask them to send me a battery, paid for of course. ($100 to change the battery would be the absolute maximum I think anyone should charge. I would think that was a lot, but I would grin and bear it.)

Please keep us up to date. For me the pendulum keeps swinging between wanting to buy Chord products because of their performance and not because of issues like the one you are describing. If Chord had any pride they would fix this for free since you should reasonably be able to expect the battery to last for 2 years plus. At the very least they should send you a new battery at cost price, which is probably peanuts since they buy them in the tens of thousands.

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #33,711 of 42,765
Hooster: I was thinking of taking the plunge and trying the schiit eitr, but the cost, without being able to trial where I live put me off... Yours looks like a cheaper way I can give usb isolation a go! Any comments on how it changes to sound? Unlike others, I have been disappointed with the optical connections for Mojo, finding the optical connection, (for the same source component), sounding constrained, thicker and darker (and less involving) than the plain old bog standard USB connection...whst differences to the sound do you note, with your gizmo?

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #33,712 of 42,765
Hooster: I was thinking of taking the plunge and trying the schiit eitr, but the cost, without being able to trial where I live put me off... Yours looks like a cheaper way I can give usb isolation a go! Any comments on how it changes to sound? Unlike others, I have been disappointed with the optical connections for Mojo, finding the optical connection, (for the same source component), sounding constrained, thicker and darker (and less involving) than the plain old bog standard USB connection...whst differences to the sound do you note, with your gizmo?

It makes the sound more dynamic and improves the focus as far as I am concerned. It makes the image more stable in a way. Well worth it for the price.

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #33,714 of 42,765
optical out of imac straight has won hands down. pheww

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #33,715 of 42,765
^^^^
$250 is insane

Yap, I was shock when I got the cost to replace batteries. Maybe they are the only guys who have mojo batteries so they can charge whatever they feel is fair price.

I'll try contacting chord support again. Hopefully they are willing to sell only the battery and at a reasonable price, less than $75.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #33,717 of 42,765
Sorry for the question. I have never bothered with optical or Coax connections before as I have never needed to. I don't need to now, but I do want to try sending digital out from my iFi iOne to my Mojo. I understand that the iOne sends digital out only via Coax. I do have a 3.5 - 3.5 cable, but it doesn't work and only has single pole at both ends so that I suspect may be the issue. Does anybody have a cable suggestion/link that will work to get digital from the iOne to the Mojo? Thanks in advance.

Sep 12, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #33,718 of 42,765
against usb macbook air battery powered and usb imac. against ipad mini 2 retina with cck3 cable. optical out of imac to mojo was wow last night. very trippy. no need for convertors or fancy optical cables.

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #33,719 of 42,765
against usb macbook air battery powered and usb imac. against ipad mini 2 retina with cck3 cable. optical out of imac to mojo was wow last night. very trippy. no need for convertors or fancy optical cables.

You should try adding a Jitterbug to the CCK if you ever decide to use the iPad as a source, make's everything sound better and smoother with less digital noise.

What optical cable are you using btw?

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #33,720 of 42,765
kabeldirekt optical not costly plays 96khz tidal masters well to mojo. pm1 arriving tomorrow. roon experiment coming on. max can you give me some impressions pm1/mojo. i'm slightly worried when they say any amp drives it easily. optical from imac to mojo makes guitar reverberates and echo. awesome. h2 bad luck turned it around.

is it normal for mojo to switch off by itself after 10 or so minutes with desktop? if connected to a laptop does it stay on?

also when i pick my headphones up mojo sometimes moves too on the table is there a way to attach something which won't be affected by the heat dissipated from mojo. blutak is out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back