Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 1, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #32,041 of 42,765
Dear fellow Mojo owners,
Excuse me for bringing my question here, but I can't find a living Foobar2000 thread. Answers can come in PM, to avoid derailing Mojo thread.
I did set Foobar up a few times in the past, so it is not that I am unfamiliar with installing different components, and so on. Yesterday I had to do a clean OS reinstall, which means I had to set up Foobar again from scratch.
All works fine, bitperfect mode is on, DSD is working, however Mojo's power button only changes color for DSD. All the other different FLAC files and MP3s are the same color. I tried ASIO as well as WASAPI, and the result is the same. I have been playing with settings, nothing seems to change this.
What else can I do to make Mojo detect all the other bitrates as well, not just DSD and everything else? I never had this problem with previous Foobar installations, so I am a bit puzzled.

May 1, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #32,042 of 42,765
Dear fellow Mojo owners,
Excuse me for bringing my question here, but I can't find a living Foobar2000 thread. Answers can come in PM, to avoid derailing Mojo thread.
I did set Foobar up a few times in the past, so it is not that I am unfamiliar with installing different components, and so on. Yesterday I had to do a clean OS reinstall, which means I had to set up Foobar again from scratch.
All works fine, bitperfect mode is on, DSD is working, however Mojo's power button only changes color for DSD. All the other different FLAC files and MP3s are the same color. I tried ASIO as well as WASAPI, and the result is the same. I have been playing with settings, nothing seems to change this.
What else can I do to make Mojo detect all the other bitrates as well, not just DSD and everything else? I never had this problem with previous Foobar installations, so I am a bit puzzled.

It should be automatic, are you sure you have different bitrate files?

Try using one of the sample rate converter plug-ins to see if the bitrate seen by the Mojo changes with that.

May 1, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #32,043 of 42,765
It should be automatic, are you sure you have different bitrate files?

Try using one of the sample rate converter plug-ins to see if the bitrate seen by the Mojo changes with that.

I have just reinstalled all components. Now it is working. Thanks!

May 1, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #32,045 of 42,765
I get a quiet whine on the last bit of trickle charge but its never interfered with the actual audio signal coming from the dac.

Yes this can happen for a few minutes just before the charge light goes out. It is the charging regulator going into low power mode, and as the regulator switches on and off it creates a tiny whine in the inductor. It is nothing to worry about; it is a small physical noise and most certainly will not impair reliability nor does it indicate a fault.

May 1, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #32,046 of 42,765
Hi guys, just thought I'd check in.

Bought the B&W P7W this weekend. Absolutley love the sound of these!

Connected to the mojo, the SQ really does sound stunning my ears! My experience with mojo is the better the quality hp/IEM you use, the more benefit you get from it.

Anybody else here use the p7w wired to mojo?

Artists such as Adele, John mayer, hendrix etc just sound amazing to my ears with this setup.

Only thing im concerned about though with my mojo now, when i upgrade to the new galaxy s8, I'll need an otg micro B to USB type C cable.

Anyone have any help for me here? I've tried looking around on here for info but being on my mobile, im struggling with this new site layout which, in my opinion sucks...

May 1, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #32,047 of 42,765
Hi guys, just thought I'd check in.

Bought the B&W P7W this weekend. Absolutley love the sound of these!

Connected to the mojo, the SQ really does sound stunning my ears! My experience with mojo is the better the quality hp/IEM you use, the more benefit you get from it.

Anybody else here use the p7w wired to mojo?

Artists such as Adele, John mayer, hendrix etc just sound amazing to my ears with this setup.

Only thing im concerned about though with my mojo now, when i upgrade to the new galaxy s8, I'll need an otg micro B to USB type C cable.

Anyone have any help for me here? I've tried looking around on here for info but being on my mobile, im struggling with this new site layout which, in my opinion sucks...

I suspect that any of the cables used to connect the Shanling M1 to Mojo will work.
For example https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/s...th-4-0-aptx-dsd.816385/page-167#post-13376119

Forza also make popular cables, but they have a more premium price http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=98

Also check if there are any cables recommended in post #3

May 1, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #32,048 of 42,765
I just updated my iPhone 6s to 10.3.1 and my Chord Mojo drops out constantly with an error message saying 'This accessory is not supported by this device". I know that the problem is widespread to almost all non-MFI cables and DACS. I am very worried about this move by Apple being a marketing move and not a bug... It hurts a lot as I just got my Mojo after saving for many weeks (broke college student).

Anybody got any information on this?
Is this for real? I guess this is an issue with all portable DAC's. Is this an issue that will be addressed in the near future? I just bought my Mojo and would be DEEPLY disappointed if I either couldn't update my phone regularly or use my Mojo.

I have been using it only with my laptop of late and there have been no issues. When I tested the Mojo in a shop, I used my iPhone 6 (10.3.1) and I was able to listen to music for over an hour with no drop-outs.

May 1, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #32,052 of 42,765
Do they need to be OTG cables?
I hope someone else with an S8 can answer that for you. The S8 is my wife's phone (so I don't get allowed to touch it often. haha). I use the V20.

May 1, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #32,053 of 42,765
@betula or anyone with Mojo stacks experience what about DAPs for the Mojo, what is your estimate of the yield in a stack with Shanling M5, iBasso DX80, Fiio X5:II?

What do you recommend if anything in the 0-500 usd bracket? I've gotten it into my head that the dx80 is the superior choice. I'm buying deaf, so only after objectively as possible superior sq. Hopefully like the Mojo of DAPS, the Pareto option if you will, like the Monk+ by V.E.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #32,054 of 42,765
Okay, this gets interesting/weird and I would love to know your thoughts.

I just picked up a Fiio L19 to go from my iPhone 6 for the Mojo Chord. Listening to End Of The Day from Beck's Sea Change. I am comparing my two set-ups...

Spotify (High quality setting - only choice on laptop) on my MacBook Pro -> Chord's USB to Micro USB cable -> Mojo Chord -> Hifiman HE560's
vs.
Spotify (Extreme setting - highest of three) on iPhone 6 -> Fiio L19 (lightning to Micro USB cable) -> Mojo Chord -> Hifiman HE560's

I have very good listening skills as I am deeply involved in music production. (Some have referred to my ears as golden.) I clearly hear a difference in the two set-ups. The version with my MacBook generally has more definition. I noticed this at first in the lows and low-mids. Though when listening to a track like The Beatles' Come Together, I am more emotionally moved by the lower octaves of the iPhone signal. The same digital signal (I'm pretty sure), though coming via two different paths, are being converted by the same unit with the same headphones. Both are USB. And this isn't subtle. I go back and forth and there is clearly more detail in the laptop path. HOW ON EARTH IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #32,055 of 42,765
@betula or anyone with Mojo stacks experience what about DAPs for the Mojo, what is your estimate of the yield in a stack with Shanling M5, iBasso DX80, Fiio X5:II?

What do you recommend if anything in the 0-500 usd bracket? I've gotten it into my head that the dx80 is the superior choice. I'm buying deaf, so only after objectively as possible superior sq. Hopefully like the Mojo of DAPS, the Pareto option if you will, like the Monk+ by V.E.
I use the Shanling M1 to use with the Mojo, it works great and i can stream Tidal to it from my phone. If this is not what your looking for I would choose the FiiO X5iii over the DX80 as these around the same price and the X5iii is by far superior. I had the DX80 and never really liked it and it was strapped to a iFi DSD micro always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back