Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 3, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #32,071 of 42,765
As your DAC -> Amp -> Headphone chain is identical, the only real difference is your data source ie. IPhone vs. MAC.

Is there any way to see if there is a difference in the digital source output in the config settings including eq of the host platforms & Spotify app?

May 3, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #32,072 of 42,765
Yeah. The mobile version has an EQ, which I have disabled. The laptop version does not.

The mobile version has three choices for sample rate. It is on the highest one... extreme. As for the laptop version you can only choose between regular and high quality streaming. I have it set to high.

It's quite amazing. It must have to do with the second quote from Rob Watts where he writes:

"The reasons why sources and digital interconnects sound different are well understood - see some of my posts. In a nutshell it is not jitter (all my DACs are source jitter intolerant) but down to RF noise and distorted currents from the source flowing into the DAC's ground plane. The RF noise inter-modulates with the analogue electronics, creating random noise as a by product, which creates noise floor modulation, and that makes it sound brighter or harder. The correlated or distorted currents very subtly add or subtract to small signals, thus changing the fundamental linearity, which in turn mucks up depth perception."

I guess...

May 4, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #32,076 of 42,765
Is the Mojo still having issues with iOS? Literally gonna sell it at this rate even though I love it.

Just wait for Chord Poly then use Bluetooth

May 4, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #32,081 of 42,765
Is the Mojo still having issues with iOS? Literally gonna sell it at this rate even though I love it.

Much happier with the android mobile experience than iphone. There is nothing I can't do now, so much more capabilities especially from an audiophile perspective. Don't miss jail. I'd get rid of my iPhone b4 mojo, to each their own though.

May 4, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #32,082 of 42,765
Listened to Tidal from an iPad Pro for 2 hours straight using the Apple CCK to Chord Mojo with the Chord Mojo Extender. No drop out issues with iOS latest Beta. Did I just luck out?

May 5, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #32,083 of 42,765
Much happier with the android mobile experience than iphone. There is nothing I can't do now, so much more capabilities especially from an audiophile perspective. Don't miss jail. I'd get rid of my iPhone b4 mojo, to each their own though.
Just curious if you can stream your Spotify from your Android phone to your Mojo, since you mentioned there's nothing that your Android phone can't do.

May 5, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #32,084 of 42,765
Anyone? This is such a mystery to me.
Its pretty simple. Your computer is making a lot more noise than the iPad. The iPad is solid state everything and very simple. The iOs is simple. The Mac has to do lots more and is more complicated....
Try listening to both with either a signal isolator or using battery on the 5v leg of the usb and be prepared to be amazed even more

May 5, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #32,085 of 42,765
Just curious if you can stream your Spotify from your Android phone to your Mojo, since you mentioned there's nothing that your Android phone can't do.

Well, you can't stream anything to the Mojo as it requires a wired connection. To look at it from a basic standpoint, the app is installed on the phone and the phone decodes the music to a PCM bitstream. The PCM bitstream is what is sent to the DAC, not the compressed music format from Spotify. So, if the Android phone that is running Spotify has USB audio output capabilities then the music can be sent to the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back