Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #32,011 of 42,765
got me :wink: the switches are from aliexpress:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/20pc...32658248551.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.UqO4CQ
20 for 1.07 usd

smalest fast micro sd card with 16gb 8 - 10 usd, and yes, the 128 gb i used is about 75-85 usd

raspberry zero pi w is great, much lower energie consumption than a normal raspberry:

http://raspi.tv/2017/how-much-power-does-pi-zero-w-use

the cheap step-up converter has a efficiency of about 80% so 1600/10*8/200 = 6.4 but i try it till shutdown, 5 1/2 h streaming from nas, short of 6 h local playback. btw my universal model with 3400 panasonic 18650 runs for 13h :wink:.

http://goughlui.com/2016/04/11/review-three-cheap-unbranded-1x18650-diy-power-banks/

but any usb hub/wifi will drain quickly 50ma+ more, my docking station with the additional hub/wifi drains the double amount of power.

try it for yourself, it's a nice little streamer. i think you can max out the playtime with volumio, measured lower drain with this os but takes 2 min to boot and don't sound as good as runeaudio.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #32,012 of 42,765

There are many posts on this thread referring to beta updates, messing up the connections to external dacs.
I wouldn't dare try it, but since the normal update has already messed up the connections to external dacs, I would not be surprised if some iPhone users do try the beta update, because it can hardly make things worse. Or can it? :astonished:

Apr 29, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #32,015 of 42,765
Thank you for the reply.
In fact I am quite afraid of buying the Oneplus 3t since it appears several people had difficulties to use the Mojo with their Oneplus 3. Despite the OTG compatibility of this device.

Has anybody ever seen a Mojo work with a OP3T ?

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #32,017 of 42,765
Thank you for the reply.
In fact I am quite afraid of buying the Oneplus 3t since it appears several people had difficulties to use the Mojo with their Oneplus 3. Despite the OTG compatibility of this device.

Has anybody ever seen a Mojo work with a OP3T ?
I tell you what you buy the OP3T and I'll swap you my OnePlus One which works great with the mojo.

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #32,020 of 42,765
Hi all, I am quite new to Head-Fi. I am a new Mojo Chord owner and enjoying it immensely. I mostly listen to it using my Hifiman HE560's. Couple of issues though...

I have one of those units that, when getting near the end of the charging process, makes a whining sound, the pitch of which seems to change overtime. The sound is coming from the unit itself. I wrote to Mojo and they said it's not an issue...

"It is normal for Mojo whistle when on charge. The noise occurs when a lower quality charger is used. It is actually the filters within Mojo cleaning up the 5V on the USB input due to the voltage ripple. This means that it can be louder when in trickle charge mode too, as the charger is not under it's full load. It will not damage anything."

Thoughts?

Secondly, I am almost certain that I got no more than five hours from my last charge, which was only the unit's second charge. Might having had it in line level mode for at least half of that time affect the how long it can play before the battery needs to be recharged?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #32,021 of 42,765
I also get the Mojo charge whine as I typically charge from laptops which can leak into the audio unless you use a USB cable with a filter jacket on it.

I'd say line-level use would result in high power usage hence the reduced charge-free time; I'm sure an electrical engineer would say it is something to do with the Mojo low output impedance line-levelling into the High Impedance Input of an external amp.

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #32,025 of 42,765
So do we have a DAP out there in the Mojo price range that sounds just as good or maybe even better?

I'v been a member for over 4 years now, but I'm still very ignorant when it comes to DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back