Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #27,031 of 42,765

If it has been blinking since the beginning of charging, it means, Mojo does not get enough current, so it is not charging. If it is blinking only for a few hours, that means you need to reconnect your charger. If the second scenario is yours, you might find Rob Watt's explanation useful from a few pages back:

"Now one of the safety circuits is a safety timer, and this is when the charger is in full charge mode. This timer is set to about 8 hours, and normally full charge mode takes 4 hours, when the unit is off. But when the unit is on and playing, there is a risk that the safety timer will be set, as it can take 12 hours to fully charge (from flashing red) and when playing music (for those 12 hours) at the same time. If the safety timer is set, then the battery LED will slowly flash white, and no further charging will take place. To reset the timer, just disconnect the charge USB, wait 10 seconds, and reconnect, and it will recommence charging. So if you are charging and playing, then when you have finished listening, turn Mojo off, and it will be OK. When Mojo is blue, and you connect the charger, then it is trickle charge mode, and the safety charger is not operating. So if Mojo is green, the safety timer won't trip out, as it will play and leave full charge mode within 8 hours, so you will be OK. It should be OK at yellow too. I guess the easiest way of dealing with it is to turn Mojo off after listening, then you will be fine, unless you listen for longer than 8 hours starting from fully flat." Rob

Thanks a lot, now it makes sense. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #27,032 of 42,765
In noisy environment you loose the low frequencies first. I am not surprised. You can do two things about it: buy headphones with a better seal, or buy an amp with bass boost.
with a seperate portable anp total bass inpact on same street.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #27,033 of 42,765
Dec 9, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #27,034 of 42,765
Dec 9, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #27,035 of 42,765
might but it does help give the mojo bass outdoors.

I think for outdoor use, the selection of a iems with more bass is more practical than using a external amp to boost the bass.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #27,036 of 42,765
I think for outdoor use, the selection of a iems with more bass is more practical than using a external amp to boost the bass.
yes iems with chord all good. Outdoor with chord using headphones lacks bass.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #27,037 of 42,765
yes iems with chord all good. Outdoor with chord using headphones lacks bass.

Agreed, most headphones don't have good isolation compared to most iems.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #27,039 of 42,765
Agreed, most headphones don't have good isolation compared to most iems.
agreed and the headphone with bad isolatuon sounds great with an amp connected to the mojo. Mojo alone will bot help the headphone outdoors.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #27,040 of 42,765
agreed and the headphone with bad isolatuon sounds great with an amp connected to the mojo. Mojo alone will bot help the headphone outdoors.

Yeah haha...
But my Hugo & Mojo is for home use only, too lazy to bring out.
My portable rigs that I bring out is just this and it sounds awesome!

KWZucwp.jpg

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #27,041 of 42,765
Yeah haha...
But my Hugo & Mojo is for home use only, too lazy to bring out.
My portable rigs that I bring out is just this and it sounds awesome!

KWZucwp.jpg
Had the 240, no power for headohones. No power needed for her so called singing.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #27,042 of 42,765

I see. My reference for drive ability is 100% indoors in a quiet environment, hence I've never felt a lack of bass compared to my other gear for usage with headphones. Also, using a portable amp like the FiiO e12 (the only portable amp I have more powerful than the Mojo) is a significant step backward in SQ.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #27,043 of 42,765
Had the 240, no power for headohones. No power needed for her so called singing.

Ha 240 in my opinion have more power than its current flagship 380 without amp. :grin:

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #27,044 of 42,765
I see. My reference for drive ability is 100% indoors in a quiet environment, hence I've never felt a lack of bass compared to my other gear for usage with headphones. Also, using a portable amp like the FiiO e12 (the only portable amp I have more powerful than the Mojo) is a significant step backward in SQ.
my portable anp is not that low level

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #27,045 of 42,765
my portable anp is not that low level

Apologies, I wasn't trying to imply it was. I just have a really hard time reconciling the opinion that the Mojo doesn't have enough power to drive headphones vs IEMs. Rob just posted in the Hugo thread on the matter and I whole heartily agree with him based on my listening experience. Of course preferences, usage scenarios, etc., not withstanding. YMMV.

:beerchug:

Edit: Which portable do you like to pair with the Mojo? Your Vorzuge pure ii+?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back