Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #27,061 of 42,765
This sounds great with the Mojo and iems.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=nqQJqfGerGA

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #27,063 of 42,765
jmills8

For other Head-fiers, I would like to add that Vorgzuge Duo & Arrow amplifiers:

- have Bass booster options.
Bass are amplified up to +15 dB

- have less output voltage & power vs Mojo.

Mojo maximum output voltage is around 15 Vp-p or 5.3 Vrms.

Therefore the enhanced bass preference you have has nothing to do with Output Power specifications.

Rgds.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #27,064 of 42,765
Amps without bass boost, in my case the Valhalla 2, I think it sounds better than mojo by itself with my hd650s. Not saying it's not enough power with the Mojo, it could very well be the coloration of the amp or the tubes.

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #27,065 of 42,765

Are you saying you are unwilling to allow Mojo time to charge without simultaneously listening to music?

The problem still exists even if you are not listening to music, as long as it's on.

Sorry for the ambiguity - permit me to clarify:

Are you saying you are unwilling to allow Mojo time to charge without simultaneously having Mojo switched on?

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #27,066 of 42,765
Sorry if this has already been covered in this thread, this thread is huge, but I just read about the IFI IEMATCH product. Would this product take away the interference noise I get from mojo? Outside on the go rhe other night dyring a walk, the noise was pretty unbearable. Over wifi its not too bad but outside its terrible, thoughts?

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #27,067 of 42,765
jmills8

For other Head-fiers, I would like to add that Vorgzuge Duo & Arrow amplifiers:

- have Bass booster options.
Bass are amplified up to +15 dB

- have less output voltage & power vs Mojo.

Mojo maximum output voltage is around 15 Vp-p or 5.3 Vrms.

Therefore the enhanced bass preference you have has nothing to do with Output Power specifications.

Rgds.
what ever the numbers you choose, the mojo with headphones outside I loose bass and bass impact. Even eq the mojo not enough. No add an amp or amo to dap and bass imoact makes the headphone shake outdoors or inside. Mojo or hugo outside with headphone bass liss, with iems bass has very strong impact.BTW even with no boost theres inoact with the amps. And I EQ the mojo, I eq the bass wat up through music apps.

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #27,068 of 42,765
I'm not saying the following are audiophile perfection - they're just something a little 'off-the-wall', for a Friday night, from the brilliant Mahogany Sessions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCGC1ghgLHQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU3JWQU_Dlg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQRxBbeZ11c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb07cO7lX_0

Cheers to any Mojo-owners going out on the town tonight - have a good 'un!
beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #27,069 of 42,765
I think for outdoor use, the selection of a iems with more bass is more practical than using a external amp to boost the bass.

Exactly why I use HA-FX1100s for outdoor use.

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #27,071 of 42,765
  I've noticed a consistent issue with my new Mojo in regards to playing DSD64/128 files. After the first song of an album plays through, the Mojo plays hiss on the second track. If I return the second song to the beginning, it plays fine. Then the same thing happens with the third song, and so on and so on.

This has happened with several of my DSD files. I know the issue is not with my AK240SS, since it plays a DSD album straight through.

I'm hoping for some comment from the Chord team as to what this anomaly might be ...

Still hoping a member of the Chord team can address this issue with DSD files ...

I'd like to add that not every one of my commercially bought DSD files has this irregularity, only some of them do.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #27,073 of 42,765
  Are all your files the same bitrate, or are you playing a sequence of tracks, each with different bitrates?

Yes, most of my DSD albums are DSD64, through and through.

Some play through perfectly. Some play the first track and then hiss. After skipping forward or back, the hiss goes away for good. Others have the hiss after every track. There is no intermittent behavior, happens the same way with each album.

When I use my AK240SS as a DAP and play these same albums, no issues. I suppose since the USB digital output for the 240SS is a new function from the last firmware update, it could be an issue with the DoP functionality.

Fortunately, I don't have this issue with the hi res FLAC albums I own, not the CD rips I did in ALAC, both of which represent 98% of my library on my 240SS.

I'm just curious as to whether this issue has come up for other users, hence, my reach out to Chord for some insight.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #27,074 of 42,765

Yes, most of my DSD albums are DSD64, through and through.

Some play through perfectly. Some play the first track and then hiss. After skipping forward or back, the hiss goes away for good. Others have the hiss after every track. There is no intermittent behavior, happens the same way with each album.

When I use my AK240SS as a DAP and play these same albums, no issues. I suppose since the USB digital output for the 240SS is a new function from the last firmware update, it could be an issue with the DoP functionality.

Fortunately, I don't have this issue with the hi res FLAC albums I own, not the CD rips I did in ALAC, both of which represent 98% of my library on my 240SS.

I'm just curious as to whether this issue has come up for other users, hence, my reach out to Chord for some insight.

There have been issues when users play a sequence of files that change bitrates, and the Mojo is designed to pause for half a second until it has identified the new bitrate.

Your problem does sound like Mojo is playing 'hiss' because it does not know what the bitrate of the new file is - but it is not clear if that is because the files are output from the DAP normally but change bitrate (but you give the impression that the bitrate is not changeing), or the alternative that some software setting is stopping the next track being output from the DAP, and so the Mojo is just trying to decode/play 'no input' which sounds like hiss.

So I don't have a definate answer, but maybe something is stopping your DAP sending the output file to the Mojo - maybe the 'handshake' is being lost, and so Mojo tries to play a file that is never received.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #27,075 of 42,765

There have been issues when users play a sequence of files that change bitrates, and the Mojo is designed to pause for half a second until it has identified the new bitrate.

Your problem does sound like Mojo is playing 'hiss' because it does not know what the bitrate of the new file is - but it is not clear if that is because the files are output from the DAP normally but change bitrate (but you give the impression that the bitrate is not changeing), or the alternative that some software setting is stopping the next track being output from the DAP, and so the Mojo is just trying to decode/play 'no input' which sounds like hiss.

So I don't have a definate answer, but maybe something is stopping your DAP sending the output file to the Mojo - maybe the 'handshake' is being lost, and so Mojo tries to play a file that is never received.

Thank you for your reply, miketise. There is no change in bitrate occurring since the indicator on the Mojo remains the same color. Perhaps the OTG cable I'm using is the culprit, I don't know. I don't have another micro to micro USB cable to confirm.

Some insight from Chord would be very helpful ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back