Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 18, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #25,996 of 42,765
kris -- I'm with you. Similar (possibly) life experience in the time I've had Mojo, and a similar takeaway. This "new" enjoyment of music has made a significant difference in my life since I acquired SE846s and Mojo. Highest accolade I could give to an inanimate object.

I hope you find a way through. I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Hurts like hell though!
Enjoy your music. It is good medicine!
Very best regards. Kris

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #25,997 of 42,765

is that a one handed wave like the queen or a two handed one like Donald Trump :hugging:

Amazing how brain is able to perceive different things or persons. :slight_smile:
Probably same is happening with cables...use different lengths/materials/shields/etc and you end listening to BBC or Radio Moscow.:radio:
Cheers :beers:

I can guarantee that you can hear the difference once you change the USB cable...!!

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #25,998 of 42,765
I can [COLOR=222222]guarantee that you can hear the difference once you change the USB cable...!![/COLOR]

I believe there some some sound differences using different materials in USB cable, however the difference is not day and night.

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #25,999 of 42,765

I can guarantee that you can hear the difference once you change the USB cable...!!

I believe there some some sound differences using different materials in USB cable, however the difference is not day and night.

But sometimes small thing matters.. once you have all component in your audio chain is high end, then that time usb cable do matter..!

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #26,000 of 42,765
I can [COLOR=222222]guarantee that you can hear the difference once you change the USB cable...!![/COLOR]

I do believe in possible sound differences dealing with digital transport if brought by noises.
But data integrity has nothing to do with cable materials in normal cases.
Pay attention that inside Mojo data is buffered before processed and played.

Take a normal cable add more or less noise and maybe you will reach some suitable sound.

As previously mentioned, it is a very interesting subject but very sensitive.

On top of that even with a perfect cable you need to have perfect outputs and inputs characteristics at DAP & DAC levels. And this is far from being the case :wink:

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #26,001 of 42,765

I do believe in possible sound differences dealing with digital transport if brought by noises.
But data integrity has nothing to do with cable materials in normal cases.
Pay attention that inside Mojo data is buffered before processed and played.

Take a normal cable add more or less noise and maybe you will reach some suitable sound.

As previously mentioned, it is a very interesting subject but very sensitive.

On top of that even with a perfect cable you need to have perfect outputs and inputs characteristics at DAP & DAC levels. And this is far from being the case :wink:

I am about to create a video on this USB cables..

i have almost all type of micro USB otg cables and i have done many testing with Mojo...the best one is the pure copper OTG cable !

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #26,002 of 42,765
But sometimes small thing matters.. once you have all component in your audio chain is high end, then that time usb cable do matter..!

I believe my gears are up there to hear the difference if any.
I already mentioned different USB cables have slightly different sound but differences are not day and night.
Hence I don't waste my money playing with silly digital cables. I believe changing my IEM cables to Kimber Kable might have quite a big impact on the sound being analog.

XnVZMLv.jpg

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #26,003 of 42,765

I believe my gears are up there to hear the difference if any.
I already mentioned different USB cables have slightly different sound but differences are not day and night.
Hence I don't waste my money playing with silly digital cables. I believe changing my IEM cables to Kimber Kable might have quite a big impact on the sound being analog.

i cant change your mind.. but at some time do below testing ..

Listen to the song which you have heard in your life most..LOL..

1. Via Coax from your DAP
2. Via Toslink from your DAP
3. Via MicroUSB from any DAP/ Phone.
3.a If it's phone .. Choose the player Hiby/ Onkyo/ UAPP (bit perfect always)
3.b Now change the cables....if possible.. get a pur silver otg cable and another pure copper otg cable

After all these testings, let me know your comments... I don't have coax input but i have Toslink input and i prefer microusb input way over toslink input...
And on cables and players, i have done some testings, so i am able to make a statement that "Sound changes when you change the cables/inputs/players....." it's upon you to choose which is the best sounding combo for you !

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #26,004 of 42,765

i have almost all type of micro USB otg cables and i have done many testing with Mojo...the best one is the pure copper OTG cable !

Which one - any links?

In general - at very short lengths it is hard to imagine that Silver would have any advantage over Copper, it is probably down to the quality of the materials used, i.e. the conductor purity and gauge, the dielectric and plug design as well as the production process. 

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #26,005 of 42,765

Which one - any links?

In general - at very short lengths it is hard to imagine that Silver would have any advantage over Copper, it is probably down to the quality of the materials used, i.e. the conductor purity and gauge, the dielectric and plug design as well as the production process. 

It's the opposite .. Copper is better than Silver.. i was using Silver otg cable from last 6 months, once i got the copper one, i never looked back..!!
I haven't created the video, will make soon so that it will help others and clear the illusion that microusb cable doesn't make any difference as it's in binary 0,1 either you will receive or not, there is no loss of data like in analog cables !

Edit : I bought both silver and copper otg cables from Penonaudio ! the link is there in the 3rd post ! I have other cheap otg cables from ebay and Aliexpress, but they are not of any worth compare to others !

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #26,006 of 42,765
  It's the opposite .. Copper is better than Silver.. i was using Silver otg cable from last 6 months, once i got the copper one, i never looked back..!!
I haven't created the video, will make soon so that it will help others and clear the illusion that microusb cable doesn't make any difference as it's in binary 0,1 either you will receive or not, there is no loss of data like in analog cables !

Edit : I bought both silver and copper otg cables from Penonaudio ! the link is there in the 3rd post !

Here we go again 
ksc75smile.gif
 I am not necessarily disagreeing with you but just because someone has a bad experience with a particular cable, does not mean we can make a general statement about one conductor material over another.

I can easily imagine a company using as little Silver as possible or using low grade Silver mixed with all types of impurities - but calling it Silver for marketing purposes. (I will leave it at that)

I have got me a new Mojo arriving today and looking forward to charging it until all the lights go off in the house!
angry_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #26,007 of 42,765
Nov 18, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #26,008 of 42,765
The main reason was the shrill treble on X00. When I bought my first pair of NH a year ago, I did not give it the 150hrs burn in, and I was waiting for the X00 to arrive anyway. That was a bad decision. I gave the 150hrs burn in time for my second pair of NH (purchased 2 months ago), also paid more attention to what is has to offer. The sound was liquid smooth after the piercing highs of the X00, and it just got me hooked.

It is easy to miss the beauty NH has to offer, but if you invest time and you are open minded enough, it can take you to another world. NH is a hidden gem. Many judge it superficially, just as I did the first time I heard it.

Interesting :)

Now i have hd800. It is heaven for acoustic. Thinking of letting go mt th600 which is really superb except the highs. I have heard th900, my housemate just bought it and it is kinda too bright for me, the treble.

Maybe i need to add a ward and smooth sounding headphone to replace my th600 but also has a punchy bass or i will miss something in my inventory. Does NH has a lot of bass? Been wondering to get LCD 2.2 and will actually keep HD800 and LCD2.2 if lcd can satisfy me.

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #26,010 of 42,765
Mojo smooths out TH900's treble quite nicely. I'm also thinking about adding the original HD 800 to my collection at some point in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back