Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 13, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #19,922 of 42,765
so its been few months when are the modules coming out

thanks chord for making the best portable dac/ amp ever. 

what a bliss

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #19,924 of 42,765
I did use the otg cable with it.But i got bad sound from tidal.some noise.
smily_headphones1.gif

yeah but instead of using the micro-to-micro cable, try using the standard OTG cable

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #19,925 of 42,765
both mojo and Hugo have flat frequency response. but still mojo sounds warmer. I think the difference is in utilizing the FPGA power. imho mojo uses more power in noise filtering than in taps. Rob once said that during the development of dave increasing s/n ratio ( noise filtering) caused the dave sound too dark so to balance that transients response was improved by increasing taps ( if I remember correctly) . so mojo sounds darker because with the same FPGA power mojo uses more resources in noise filtering. the purpose was to offer better s/n ratio for sensitive iems.

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #19,926 of 42,765
  so its been few months when are the modules coming out

thanks chord for making the best portable dac/ amp ever. 

what a bliss

I think Rob Watts mentioned in one of his posts, that his designs often take twice as long as he originally estimates.
If that holds true, then I guess we are looking at nearer christmas for the SD module.

I hope that i am wrong, because waiting for the SD module, is getting on my wick.
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #19,927 of 42,765
both mojo and Hugo have flat frequency response. but still mojo sounds warmer. I think the difference is in utilizing the FPGA power. imho mojo uses more power in noise filtering than in taps. Rob once said that during the development of dave increasing s/n ratio ( noise filtering) caused the dave sound too dark so to balance that transients response was improved by increasing taps ( if I remember correctly) . so mojo sounds darker because with the same FPGA power mojo uses more resources in noise filtering. the purpose was to offer better s/n ratio for sensitive iems.

As I understand it the warmth in sound has much to do with harmonic distortions (1st, 2nd, 3rd order etc)

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #19,930 of 42,765
i had both the hugo and mojo, but i sold the hugo

mojo in my books is simply amazing

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #19,931 of 42,765
Gents, I've got a quick question about the COAX connection.

What I'm wondering is, both the Fiio X3ii and the Mojo have 3.5mm COAX connections. So, would it be possible to connect an X3ii to the Mojo via the COAX connection?

Because what I''m wondering is, all the 3.5mm COAX cables that I've seen, it has a 3.5mm jack on one end, and a yellow RCA connection on the other. So would you have to use 2 3.5mm COAX cables (one that has a male RCA connection on the one end, and the other has a female COAX connection), or could you simply use a standard 3.5mm interconnect to connect the X3ii to the Mojo via their COAX ports?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #19,932 of 42,765
  Gents, I've got a quick question about the COAX connection.

What I'm wondering is, both the Fiio X3ii and the Mojo have 3.5mm COAX connections. So, would it be possible to connect an X3ii to the Mojo via the COAX connection?

Because what I''m wondering is, all the 3.5mm COAX cables that I've seen, it has a 3.5mm jack on one end, and a yellow RCA connection on the other. So would you have to use 2 3.5mm COAX cables (one that has a male RCA connection on the one end, and the other has a female COAX connection), or could you simply use a standard 3.5mm interconnect to connect the X3ii to the Mojo via their COAX ports?

Thanks in advance.

To be absolutely clear, not in stock form for a regular TRRS to TRS. You need a custom cable made to make sure the wires are soldered properly. Dyson Audio will know what to do.

Here is the pin-out for my cable for the X5ii to Mojo using the coaxial out of the FiiO DAP:

Again, if you want right angle connectors and the metal TRS plug looks better to you then you just have to specify that and Dyson Audio will be able to solder it properly.

A&K and many other recent DAPs use a TRRS pin config to do Balanced for Headphone Out. So the TRRS pin config is something like this:

T - Left +
R - Right +
R - Left -
S - Right -

The TRRS socket in the Fiio X3ii, X5ii and X7 double as both Line Out port(Analog Out to Amps) and Co-Axial Out port(Digital Out to DACs). The TRRS pin config for these devices is like this:

T - Left Analog Out
R - Right Analog Out 
R - Ground
S - Coax Signal

You only need a custom TRRS to TS/TRS cable if your DAP has a shared coaxial/line-out jack like the FiiO X3ii/X5ii/X7. If getting a custom cable just tell them what devices you are connecting and they should give you what you need. If not, don't use that cable maker. What DAP do you have?

As I've tried to explain, you need to connect the TRRS to the X3ii because the X3ii/X5ii/X7 share the coaxial out with line-out. Mojo's end is TS. The ONLY time you can get away with using a regular TRS interconnect is with a DAP that DOES NOT SHARE the coaxial output with the line-out.

This is the Dyson Audio cable I use with the X5ii - TRRS from X5ii to Mojo TS:

I think some confusion is coming from the fact that the previous cable that was posted has a TRS right angle plug, but that doesn't mean the cable maker needs to wire it to all three poles. Like I said, just let the cable maker know which device you are connecting to the Mojo and they will solder it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back