1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. pinoyman
    image.jpg

image.jpg

The chocolate flavored mojo. :)

2. Sound Eq
    so its been few months when are the modules coming out

thanks chord for making the best portable dac/ amp ever. 

what a bliss

3. scarfacegt

I did use the otg cable with it.But i got bad sound from tidal.some noise. :)

4. TheoS53
    yeah but instead of using the micro-to-micro cable, try using the standard OTG cable

5. rkt31
    both mojo and Hugo have flat frequency response. but still mojo sounds warmer. I think the difference is in utilizing the FPGA power. imho mojo uses more power in noise filtering than in taps. Rob once said that during the development of dave increasing s/n ratio ( noise filtering) caused the dave sound too dark so to balance that transients response was improved by increasing taps ( if I remember correctly) . so mojo sounds darker because with the same FPGA power mojo uses more resources in noise filtering. the purpose was to offer better s/n ratio for sensitive iems.

6. miketlse

I think Rob Watts mentioned in one of his posts, that his designs often take twice as long as he originally estimates.
    If that holds true, then I guess we are looking at nearer christmas for the SD module.

I hope that i am wrong, because waiting for the SD module, is getting on my wick. [​IMG] 

7. TheoS53
    As I understand it the warmth in sound has much to do with harmonic distortions (1st, 2nd, 3rd order etc)

8. rkt31
    the mojo warmth as compared to Hugo is more of darker sound with better noise removable imho.

9. rkt31
    on the other hand Hugo imho has better transient response thus sounds more open.

10. Sound Eq
    i had both the hugo and mojo, but i sold the hugo

mojo in my books is simply amazing

11. TheoS53
    Gents, I've got a quick question about the COAX connection.

What I'm wondering is, both the Fiio X3ii and the Mojo have 3.5mm COAX connections. So, would it be possible to connect an X3ii to the Mojo via the COAX connection?

Because what I''m wondering is, all the 3.5mm COAX cables that I've seen, it has a 3.5mm jack on one end, and a yellow RCA connection on the other. So would you have to use 2 3.5mm COAX cables (one that has a male RCA connection on the one end, and the other has a female COAX connection), or could you simply use a standard 3.5mm interconnect to connect the X3ii to the Mojo via their COAX ports?

Thanks in advance.

12. lurk

13. EagleWings
    Post Deleted.

14. TheoS53
    You guys are champs. thanks for the info

15. Mython Contributor
    Anyone have any objections if I delete posts 3 and 4?