Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #1,923 of 42,765
Sadly not a problem, forever alone!

awww, at least you have a Mojo...
beerchug.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #1,925 of 42,765
awww, at least you have a Mojo... :beerchug:

Yep and I even look a bit like Austin Powers! My dress sence is better though, I think...

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #1,926 of 42,765
I'm finding my Mojo a bit of a pain with Windows (10) and wonder if a fellow Windows user could confirm if what I'm seeing is normal?

I have my Mojo connected via USB and when I view audio devices in the Sound tab I see 'Chord Async USB 44.1 kHz-768kHz' as the default device so that looks okay. However, when I right click and select 'properties' and then 'supported formats'  the only sample rates I can select are 44.1, 48.0, 88.2 & 96.0 kHz. Does that look right or should I be seeing 192 kHz and upwards too?

I've also selected the default format from the 'Advanced' tab as 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality) as most of the files I'll be using will be CD's or from Tidal. Correctly the red light displays on the Mojo.

If I try and play some HD Tracks samplers (88.2, 96, 176, 192 kHz etc.) using Foobar the bitrate light stays fixed at red unless I set the default format to something higher. Switching to 2 channel, 24 bit, 192000 Hz for instance correctly turns the light blue. I had hoped that by doing this the I would then see the light change depending on the bitrate of the incoming file but irrespective of what bitrate of file I play the light on the Mojo remains blue. Is there a way to get the Mojo / or PC to avoid up-sampling, which I presume is what's happening, all material to 192 kHz or do I need to manually set the default format each time?

I also tried playing a DSD 64 file (.dsf) but got an unsupported format message. Perhaps that's one for another day though...walk before you can run etc. :wink:

Thanks very much for any help. Happy to add some screen grabs if that helps.

Edit: should add that I unzipped & installed Chord's Windows driver + the ASIO 64 (iirc) add-on before attaching the Mojo to my PC.

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #1,928 of 42,765
Nothing new to add other than pretty impressed with Mojo so far -- got one today from Moon Audio. Will be doing more listening and comparing against my Hugo but its hard to discern a huge difference listening on my LCD-X and JH 16 Pros. And it drives both nicely (but then again they are fairly efficient)...

Also have an Apogee Groove to compare against.

Why did I get a Mojo -- the fact that you have to carry a wall wart to charge the Hugo is a PITA -- went on a trip to Hong Kong a few months ago and forgot the charger...

How are you finding the groove vs Mojo?

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #1,929 of 42,765
Oct 24, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #1,930 of 42,765

I daresay many will complain of interference levels whilst listening to their Mojo in bed... women huh...
wink_face.gif

I wish my woman would intefere with me.   :frowning2:  

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #1,932 of 42,765

become a hammers fan and you'll have to fight them off... simple solutions huh...
wink_face.gif

They're gonna get stuffed by Chelski today.  (This statement is vaguely related to the Mojo)

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #1,933 of 42,765
Mojo and AK120 seem to have a good side effect to their partnership (which I didn't have with the QP1R) portable hand heater!! Great for the upcoming winter months.

#addedbenefits

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #1,935 of 42,765
Small but heavy.

Could you please make a photo with powered on MoJo and AK Jr. palying Music files? Since Astell&Kern never said and claimed the AK Jr. hast optical out it would be interesting why this should work... this would be like "ops we forgot to remove the optical out, now silence and we only tell people it has a regular 3,5mm analog output" which would make no sense, because optical out would be a nice marketing feature, to get better sales on AK Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back