Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #1,891 of 42,765
I absolutely hate to post this but the Mojo coaxial input is generating a lot of hiss today. The only thing that helps is pressing on of the volume buttons. So, hiss appears randomly and I change the volume up or down one click and it goes away for some time before it reappears later. Clicking the volume up/down always kills the hiss but it always comes back in a sudden manner. This with the X5 and X5ii and my Oppo BDP-83 as sources.

I cycled the power on the Mojo, and source components, to no avail. @Mojo ideas, @Rob Watts, any ideas?

USB and optical have no such issue for me.

I have exactly the same issue using the spdif input. I use the yellow Puc 2 USB to spdif interface.

The (coil? battery ?) whining which I am able to listen when I put my ear on the Mojo can be heard in my IEM. The whining depends on the volume settings and appears and disappears.

Never had this behavior with my Hugo !

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #1,892 of 42,765
I have exactly the same issue using the spdif input.

The (coil? battery ?) whining which I am able to listen when I put my ear on the Mojo can be heard in my IEM. The whining depends on the volume settings and appears and disappears.

This sounds troubling, I want my amp to be dead quiet.

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #1,893 of 42,765
I have exactly the same issue using the spdif input.

Actually, it's just through my Angie IEM. I don't really hear any external noise at all from the Mojo. All my other headphones are fine but the Angie has this intermittent issue. Like I said it goes away for a time if I change the volume by just one click, but then reappears a short time later. I hear it with music playing or paused with the Angie and, again, when paused all I have to do is click one of the volume buttons and the hiss goes away for a time. There is none of this behaviour using the USB or TOSlink inputs. Definately just with coaxial input and Angie IEM.

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #1,894 of 42,765
I am also thinking of playing around with amps this weekend and see how each amp change the sound. I still cannot get over how small Mojo is, hoping that my unit arrives soon. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #1,896 of 42,765
Small but heavy.

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #1,898 of 42,765
yep.

Oct 24, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #1,899 of 42,765
Could you hear the whining when you put your ear on the Mojo ?

No problem with the USB input.

The intermittent behavior is the same for me.

I was thinking that my Mojo was faulty.

You know what, you're right! Put my ear to the Mojo and it's the same hiss I hear externally as through the Angie, and when I click either volume button it goes away briefly or for a short period. With coaxial still plugged in I then connect the USB input and the hiss immediately goes away. Hmmmm....... Only with coaxial input.

Oct 24, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #1,901 of 42,765
Oct 24, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #1,904 of 42,765
Oct 24, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #1,905 of 42,765
I am also thinking of playing around with amps this weekend and see how each amp change the sound. I still cannot get over how small Mojo is, hoping that my unit arrives soon. 
All this talk of double amping has made me think...

In my possession I have two amps, Vorzuge Duo and Pure II+ and, well, blow me down with a feather - they're the same form factor as the AK120 / Mojo...

Wow, if you could find a small enough 3.5 to 3.5mm cable that would almost undoubtedly be the smallest and most transportable high grade triple stack going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back