Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #1,951 of 42,765
I'm having problems using my new Mojo with Android (Cyanogenmod 11 M12 on a Samsung Galaxy S4). I get no audio output at all when the Mojo is connected via OTG. From a console 'dmesg' says amongst other things "warning! unlikely big volume range" and doing a few web searches I see others having similar problems with USB audio devices. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a solution, so I'm hoping someone here has some insight.

On the plus side it works fine connected to Foobar2000 on my PC, and I have no problems playing DSD files.

Some samsung do not support usb host. are you sure your model support it?

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #1,953 of 42,765
What does this mean exactly? Is it not good for people who aren't new to the game?

well, compared to upper end dacs, (I am assuming the more experienced you are, the higher costing gear you have) it dosent go beyond it. Like a giant killer. Been said many times repededly both here and Hugo thread that many prefer hugo. Some can't tell much difference between dragonfly which cost 1/4 of mojo, and oppo ha2 which cost half. So, it's an entry level dac sound quality wise I suppose. prabably lacking refinement and transparency to high end dacs.

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #1,954 of 42,765
questyle give the mojo a cold and dead synergy

Actually I thought if it's just a source, shouldn't they sound the same across the board? What changes it?

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #1,956 of 42,765
Hmm, from my following of the thread there are definitely some people saying they still prefer the Hugo, but also others (who own both) saying they're leaning more towards the Mojo now (portability playing a part obviously). The majority of HA2 comments I've read have been people saying theirs are now up for sale having heard the Mojo. Which all equates to a product that is certainly more than entry level sound-wise and extraordinary value for the price.

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #1,957 of 42,765
well, compared to upper end dacs, (I am assuming the more experienced you are, the higher costing gear you have) it dosent go beyond it. Like a giant killer. Been said many times repededly both here and Hugo thread that many prefer hugo. Some can't tell much difference between dragonfly which cost 1/4 of mojo, and oppo ha2 which cost half. So, it's an entry level dac sound quality wise I suppose. prabably lacking refinement and transparency to high end dacs.

I would have to disagree with this 100%. The DAC in the Mojo is anything but entry level. It has plenty of refinement and transparency. Loads of it. It just isn't shouty like so much other gear out there. Also, the analogue section of the Mojo may be tuned to be smoother but it also is very powerful (same as Hugo) and anything but entry level. The specs of 0.00017% THD certainly play out from what I'm hearing. Dead quiet and grain free.

If a user prefers a bright signature that's fine, but to say Mojo is entry level, well, no it isn't. This performance doesn't reflect this price. That's why it's a game changer IMO.

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #1,959 of 42,765
Basically I think the OP who got quoted was trying to say it's an entry level dac to his ears

That's different. Actually, I read that he just couldn't really hear a difference. Could be his ears, could be the headphones, could be his preference.

Undoubtedly Mojo won't be for everyone. :wink_face:

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #1,960 of 42,765
Any ortofon e-q8 owners? If not you guys are missing out big time. Finally a pairing that brings the best of e-Q8. I had mix result with everything including HUGO but finally a match.
e-Q8 is very sensitive to poor amplification, it will distored badly if it isn't happy. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #1,961 of 42,765
That's different. Actually, I read that he just couldn't really hear a difference. Could be his ears, could be the headphones, could be his preference.

Undoubtedly Mojo won't be for everyone.
wink_face.gif

or ear wax... it plays a part, you will get a wax build-up when listening to new equipment/headphones, it's just your ears protection kicking in.

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #1,962 of 42,765
Having had the Dragonfly and HA-2 for use with my Note4 and laptop, I was beginning to think this DAC talk was all "The Emperors Cloths" and returned each during return window. I then got the Mojo and I can now see what the fuss is about with dedicated DAC's. Noticeably better to my ears with my SE846's, so much so I can now hear the benefit of 24/96; 24/192 and DSD files.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #1,963 of 42,765
Basically I think the OP who got quoted was trying to say it's an entry level dac to his ears

Lol first time I heard people saying Mojo is entry level sound, seriously if Mojo is entry level I doubt many dap is high end sound already.

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #1,965 of 42,765
I really wish Chord words on some after market cables to go along with its product. There was rumours that they were going to work with chord electronics (which are local to them) but nothing came out of it.

I love to see some official release of various digital portable solution. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back