Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #1,936 of 42,765

Hey guys, it's my toslink cable not compatible so my mojo is fine. I realised the qp1r doesn't synergies well with the mojo so I guess it's better on its own. Thanks for all the advises and help. Great community here. :)

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #1,937 of 42,765
  I'm finding my Mojo a bit of a pain with Windows (10) and wonder if a fellow Windows user could confirm if what I'm seeing is normal?

I have my Mojo connected via USB and when I view audio devices in the Sound tab I see 'Chord Async USB 44.1 kHz-768kHz' as the default device so that looks okay. However, when I right click and select 'properties' and then 'supported formats'  the only sample rates I can select are 44.1, 48.0, 88.2 & 96.0 kHz. Does that look right or should I be seeing 192 kHz and upwards too?

I've also selected the default format from the 'Advanced' tab as 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality) as most of the files I'll be using will be CD's or from Tidal. Correctly the red light displays on the Mojo.

If I try and play some HD Tracks samplers (88.2, 96, 176, 192 kHz etc.) using Foobar the bitrate light stays fixed at red unless I set the default format to something higher. Switching to 2 channel, 24 bit, 192000 Hz for instance correctly turns the light blue. I had hoped that by doing this the I would then see the light change depending on the bitrate of the incoming file but irrespective of what bitrate of file I play the light on the Mojo remains blue. Is there a way to get the Mojo / or PC to avoid up-sampling, which I presume is what's happening, all material to 192 kHz or do I need to manually set the default format each time?

I also tried playing a DSD 64 file (.dsf) but got an unsupported format message. Perhaps that's one for another day though...walk before you can run etc. :wink:

Thanks very much for any help. Happy to add some screen grabs if that helps.

Edit: should add that I unzipped & installed Chord's Windows driver + the ASIO 64 (iirc) add-on before attaching the Mojo to my PC.

I know to do DSD you need to set the program to the ASIO device as well as set the output encoding to DoP (DSD over PCM) to get it to decode DSD natively.  That's how I do it with Windows 8.1 and JRiver at least.

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #1,938 of 42,765
Mojo and AK120 seem to have a good side effect to their partnership (which I didn't have with the QP1R) portable hand heater!! Great for the upcoming winter months.

#addedbenefits
It does get hot.

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #1,941 of 42,765

Hey guys, it's my toslink cable not compatible so my mojo is fine. I realised the qp1r doesn't synergies well with the mojo so I guess it's better on its own. Thanks for all the advises and help. Great community here. :)

Jaben spotted???!!!

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #1,943 of 42,765
I am super depressed i own an esther m1 vitality. Hoping to buy the mojo. But when i coaxed it in from the esther...it sounded so similar to the esther stand alone. Except the bass impact was heavier on the mojo to the esther i suppose esther has a weaker amp for the reason. My coax cables were mogami and belden 75ohm copper coaxial cables diy. Really sad at the moment.

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #1,944 of 42,765
I can't go back to hugo :frowning2:

Hugo sounds thinner compared to Mojo, I paired my Hugo with Pathos Aurium tube amp, this combo makes the Hugo warmer and sounds fuller.

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,945 of 42,765
  I know to do DSD you need to set the program to the ASIO device as well as set the output encoding to DoP (DSD over PCM) to get it to decode DSD natively.  That's how I do it with Windows 8.1 and JRiver at least.

Thanks for this!

I haven't really played around with the Foobar settings before but know someone who is very experienced with it so will ask him how I go about this (couldn't see anything obvious).

In the meantime I downloaded a trial of JRiver and set things up the way you mentioned. Got the DSD light on my Mojo but the .dsf file still wouldn't play. I'm putting it down to a problem with the file itself though as I've just downloaded another free .dsf sample track (DSD64) and it's playing perfectly.

Cheers again :)

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #1,946 of 42,765
questyle give the mojo a cold and dead synergy
Some may remember a few dozen pages back that I mentioned that the FiiO X5 seemed to pair better (but was a bit shouty) with the MoJo, however, now that I have the AK120, I have to agree with you, the AK is more musical from its optical out than the QP1R...

I would never have thought it (especially with my skepticism re differences in optical outputs) that I would end up comparing optical outputs!

Now makes me curious if the AK DNA is the same whether at my lowly level or at the top of the tree...

Irrespective, I've got the player (and in turn the setup) for its form factor, that it sounds better than what I had up until yesterday is an added bonus :)

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #1,947 of 42,765
Some may remember a few dozen pages back that I mentioned that the FiiO X5 seemed to pair better (but was a bit shouty) with the MoJo, however, now that I have the AK120, I have to agree with you, the AK is more musical from its optical out than the QP1R...

I would never have thought it (especially with my skepticism re differences in optical outputs) that I would end up comparing optical outputs!

Now makes me curious if the AK DNA is the same whether at my lowly level or at the top of the tree...

Irrespective, I've got the player (and in turn the setup) for its form factor, that it sounds better than what I had up until yesterday is an added bonus :)
if u try with coax out, it will sound more fleshy. But dx50 sounds like ass with the mojo esther makes the mojo redundant. Sad

So imho i believe mojo is built for ak daps

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #1,950 of 42,765
I'm having problems using my new Mojo with Android (Cyanogenmod 11 M12 on a Samsung Galaxy S4). I get no audio output at all when the Mojo is connected via OTG. From a console 'dmesg' says amongst other things "warning! unlikely big volume range" and doing a few web searches I see others having similar problems with USB audio devices. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a solution, so I'm hoping someone here has some insight.

On the plus side it works fine connected to Foobar2000 on my PC, and I have no problems playing DSD files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back