Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #1,981 of 42,765
Burning in 10 hours, find that soundstage on Mojo opened up. :innocent:

I hope not too much, I am really digging what I am hearing, if I wanted open sound hugo would have done it for me. I find Mojo incredibly engaging and HUGO well too referece like.

With mojo i listen to music, with hugo i test out gears/albums. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #1,982 of 42,765
Interesting. I just got mine and I might have to put some hours on it. I have known that Chord were going to make the Mojo for a while, but not that they were going to answer pretty much every criticism of the Hugo, especially in price, as well as carefully consider the packaging.

I foresee a small spike in sales of second-hand original AK100s as people look for DAPs of matching size to use with the Mojo.

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #1,983 of 42,765
I foresee a small spike in sales of second-hand original AK100s as people look for DAPs of matching size to use with the Mojo.
Yup, you personally will probably remember some of my scornful posts re AK, but here I am with an AK (albeit the 120) and am happier than a pig in poop, for the form factor primarily but the sound also...

Makes me wonder how I lived for so long lugging around Hugo and FiiO X5 in my jacket pocket (not to mention I prefer this new sound to that older one!)

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #1,984 of 42,765
I am waiting for Shanling M2, I personally prefer the Shanling M3 optical out more than AK120 as for start it does 24/192 where as AK120 requires me to by a sysconcept cable that is going to cost me 120 AUD. 

I once again want to say e-Q8 and Mojo is a perfect synergy for my ears. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #1,985 of 42,765
Of course, the ideal pairing is that damn Shure 'stat. I spent a bit of time with Jude's set this arvo and damn! Now the Laylas sound congested in comparison.  I guess 3-piece portable bricks refuse to die! 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #1,986 of 42,765
:frowning2: I actually checked with my bank if i can get a quick loan for shure and they are happy to do it ( I wish I was joking). I was told the price for Australian market is from 3000-6000 AUD (yes couldnt be more vague! )

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #1,987 of 42,765
I am waiting for Shanling M2, I personally prefer the Shanling M3 optical out more than AK120 as for start it does 24/192 where as AK120 requires me to by a sysconcept cable that is going to cost me 120 AUD. 

I once again want to say e-Q8 and Mojo is a perfect synergy for my ears. 
I'm looking at getting one of those sysconcept cables but am puzzled by your statement, I'm using a vanilla optical cable and it is pushing 24/192 to the mojo with no problem.

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #1,988 of 42,765
I'm looking at getting one of those sysconcept cables but am puzzled by your statement, I'm using a vanilla optical cable and it is pushing 24/192 to the mojo with no problem.

It is reported AK120 titan has no issue but a number of us AK120 owners had issue with a lot of our units. Only solution was the sysconcept cable. Some report stated that AK120 wasn't a proper optical out and the volume knob effected the final SNR. After that report there was a AK firmware update that by default set the volume on max when optical out was selected.

I cannot find the link of that report anymore but there are number of AK120 user out there who has a lot of issues with AK120 over at the HUGO thread. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #1,989 of 42,765
Ahh, okay, thanks for clarifying :frowning2: wonder if that point is worth adding to the first post also, with the probable upsurge in 2nd hand AK120s being bought for this purpose...

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #1,990 of 42,765
Interesting. I just got mine and I might have to put some hours on it. I have known that Chord were going to make the Mojo for a while, but not that they were going to answer pretty much every criticism of the Hugo, especially in price, as well as carefully consider the packaging.

That's exactly what I just did! Found a good price on a used AK100 and then ordered the Sys Concept Toslink cable. Should have the whole thing together by end of next week.

And to think that I used to be one of the people who really disliked the AK100. Guess I just had to find it's proper use-case.

Cheers

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #1,991 of 42,765
:frowning2: I actually checked with my bank if i can get a quick loan for shure and they are happy to do it ( I wish I was joking). I was told the price for Australian market is from 3000-6000 AUD (yes couldnt be more vague! )

Epic

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #1,992 of 42,765

I found opposite. I installed the Chord driver and shows new Audio Device & in properties/Advanced shows everything from 2 channel 16/44,000 to 32/384,000.

I did try Foobar2000 and got dsf files playing via headphone out but then couldn't be bothered to spend time getting correct out via the DAC with some add-ins so I purchased the JRiver software (only £33) and that works perfectly especially after setting Bitstreaming for DSD.  My XPS13 with 1TB and JRiver is now my home player (Note4 with 128SD/Mojo portable use). Not interference of any kind via USB connection with both.

Sorry, I probably wasn't too clear in my post. In Properties/Advanced I see the same as you and get numerous options all the way up to 32/384,000. It's Properties/Supported Formats that I'm only seeing 4 check boxes with rates ranging between 44.1 & 96.0 kHz (can select more than one).

Could be that's how it's meant to look and more than likely I'm just getting a bit confused - in which case please ignore my ramblings. In my defence the Mojo is the first DAC I've owned that's supported rates above 96 kHz over USB and that I've required to install drivers for so never really had to tinker too much 
biggrin.gif

Out of interest does the light on your Mojo change automatically when you switch between tracks with different sample rates or stay constant unless you manually change things?

I'm liking what I've seen of JRiver so far so might well upgrade to the full version after the trial.  £33ish isn't bad for something that seems to do what I need with minimal hassle.

Noticed you are using a pair of SE846 with the Mojo. Whilst not an IEM my Pandora Hope VI is also a bit of a 'freak' in terms of impedance & sensitivity (8 ohm & 105 db I think) and I'm very impressed with the Mojo pairing. A nice black background and the amount of volume control and fine adjustment on offer is very impressive.

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #1,993 of 42,765
Feeling great, sounds great!
Ak240 > Mojo > Sennheiser IE800

ewxpaBt.jpg

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #1,994 of 42,765
  I'm having problems using my new Mojo with Android (Cyanogenmod 11 M12 on a Samsung Galaxy S4). I get no audio output at all when the Mojo is connected via OTG. From a console 'dmesg' says amongst other things "warning! unlikely big volume range" and doing a few web searches I see others having similar problems with USB audio devices. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a solution, so I'm hoping someone here has some insight.

"To use Mojo with an Android device you will need an ‘on the go’ cable ( OTG ). This is a special cable that tells the Android device to run in host mode and enable USB audio.

Some devices with newer Android operating system ( 5 and above ) will then play all audio into Mojo.

If this does not work then you need to download either USB Audio Player Pro or Onkyo HF player to enable USB audio support. Both are available from the Google Play store."
http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo/manual/Mojo-User-Manual.pdf

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #1,995 of 42,765
  Of course, the ideal pairing is that damn Shure 'stat. I spent a bit of time with Jude's set this arvo and damn! Now the Laylas sound congested in comparison.  I guess 3-piece portable bricks refuse to die! 
ksc75smile.gif

I thought we were past bricks too, but I guess everyone will be carrying multi-tiered bricks again
very_evil_smiley.gif
(and... you have my Layla worried...) but I'm excited
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back