Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 20, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #18,946 of 42,765
I have setup Mojo as my DAC on Windows 10 PC with 64 bits.. The Windows driver seems to crash Skype for Business/Lync whenever I start the application.. by disabling Chord driver in control panel.. Skype for Business/Lync works fine again.. anyone have this problem and a solution?

I am using the latest driver (I have tried both the Windows Driver/Windows 7 drivers). I have made multiple settings changes to the driver but nothing works.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #18,948 of 42,765
 Where did you read this? I thought I read that doing so is the best way to preserve battery life. Or are you talking about sound quality? Can anyone else confirm?

It's best for any battery not be discharged and charged at the same time since it generates way more heat than just being charged.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #18,949 of 42,765
Where did you read this? I thought I read that doing so is the best way to preserve battery life. Or are you talking about sound quality? Can anyone else confirm?
that I read it on page 3. That by using it and charging it one never reach full battery.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #18,950 of 42,765

that I read it on page 3. That by using it and charging it one never reach full battery.

Perhaps for the very first time you charge it. I use my Mojo mostly on my desktop, always leaving it plugged into power. It charges to full charge, it last over 8 hours when I use it in a portable situation. But you are correct, it does get quite warm while charging and using at the same time. But it does have built-in thermal protection, and so far that has never engaged for me. 

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #18,951 of 42,765
Here, this fella named Rob Watts speaks about the subject:

Originally Posted by Rob Watts 

Mojo, like Hugo, has been designed so that you can have the charger plugged in constantly. So on a desktop charge and run it at the same time. Once its fully charged, the charger will just supply enough current to balance Mojo's current draw, so no net current from the battery.

Rob

This could maybe even work in China. (I got this from post 3)

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #18,955 of 42,765
  I have setup Mojo as my DAC on Windows 10 PC with 64 bits.. The Windows driver seems to crash Skype for Business/Lync whenever I start the application.. by disabling Chord driver in control panel.. Skype for Business/Lync works fine again.. anyone have this problem and a solution?

I am using the latest driver (I have tried both the Windows Driver/Windows 7 drivers). I have made multiple settings changes to the driver but nothing works.

Hi @jadeboy,

I have been using both Lync & now Skype for Business without encoutering the issues you related ( Win7). I suggest you to have a look at your audio device settings in Skype. In my case, by default it is set to computer audio driver and not  Chord or Asio.
If Mojo is switched off or its USB data is unplugged, and you have selected Asio or Chord driver it is normal that applications may scratch since they can not establish any comunication with the DAC. As for instance, when trying to play Foobar without Mojo/USB plugged.
Good luck in solving the issue.
Rgds

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #18,956 of 42,765
Interesting.... AK announced the AK70 on Facebook - LINK -. Why am I linking it here? USB audio out, and it's actually on the small side.

Jun 21, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #18,958 of 42,765
Interesting.... AK announced the AK70 on Facebook - LINK -. Why am I linking it here? USB audio out, and it's actually on the small side.

Looks pretty with Mojo.

Jun 21, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #18,960 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back