Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 21, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #18,962 of 42,765
Damn, that AK70 looks tasty! Almost perfect size match with the Mojo. If it supports Spotify/Tidal and has a decent UI that is a go!

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #18,964 of 42,765
How much is ak70?

It should cost around 599 USD according to D.A.R.
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/06/ak70-another-day-another-astellkern-portable-player/

Now I am just hoping FIIO T3 will get out soon at a more affordable price.
Cheers.
popcorn.gif

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #18,966 of 42,765
I usually don't care about looks regarding such things, but gosh I hate that blue lol.

The footprint and idea of a smaller, cheaper ak100ii is nice though
One SD Card.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #18,968 of 42,765
Jun 21, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #18,970 of 42,765
Jun 21, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #18,972 of 42,765
Here, this fella named Rob Watts speaks about the subject:

Originally Posted by Rob Watts [COLOR=22229C]
[/COLOR]

Mojo, like Hugo, has been designed so that you can have the charger plugged in constantly. So on a desktop charge and run it at the same time. Once its fully charged, the charger will just supply enough current to balance Mojo's current draw, so no net current from the battery.

Rob

This could maybe even work in China. (I got this from post 3)

Thank you for finding that. That is what I remembered reading. So does that confirm that charging while use won't degrade the battery? The unit does get hot when doing this; could the extra ambient heat harm the battery?

Jun 21, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #18,973 of 42,765
  Guys, I have seen some "big" storage pouch here, where you can put your DAP and the Mojo, plus cables, etc. What is the brand exactly and where can I find something like that? 

My Mojo travel setup. Mojo plus AK120 connected vial optical with storage for IEMs (Noble Kaiser 10U) in a Pelican 1060 case.

Jun 21, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #18,974 of 42,765

Here, this fella named Rob Watts speaks about the subject:

Originally Posted by Rob Watts 

Mojo, like Hugo, has been designed so that you can have the charger plugged in constantly. So on a desktop charge and run it at the same time. Once its fully charged, the charger will just supply enough current to balance Mojo's current draw, so no net current from the battery.

Rob

This could maybe even work in China. (I got this from post 3)

Thank you for finding that. That is what I remembered reading. So does that confirm that charging while use won't degrade the battery? The unit does get hot when doing this; could the extra ambient heat harm the battery?

I understand your concern, and your desire to be clear about the issue, but in the extremely unlikely worst-case scenario that your Mojo battery performance were to decline, rest-assured that it is replaceable by Chord.

Please -

read post #3.

This information, and so much more, is provided for you, for easy access.

JF here - ....  the battery is perfectly safe right up to 150 degrees Centigrade we had it made that way and its costs more than other batteries. The case of the mojo when it's charging has to shed about 1. 7 watts of heat it can only do that by radiating it away or convecting it away. If it's in a warm environment or it can't covect its heat away it's temperature will rise until there is a sufficient temperature differential to shed its heat. It's perfectly safe we have three indepentdant thermal temperature safety shut down method in mojo so please don't worry we know what we are doing. Remember a really hot cup of tea is usually only about 60 degrees C.

Mojo actually has three independant thermal cut outs a special high temperature battery and very sophisticated charging circuitry . Picking up on an earlier post Mojo actually does not dissipate a lot of heat when it's working. It's only about 1.7 watts and when it's charging it adds about another watt so its not much really. However the electronics and battery are thermally bonded to the aluminium case. The Mojo's case can only shed its heat through convection or by radiating it away. This can only work if there is a temperature differential between itself and its ambient surroundings if there is an insufficient gradient between them, the Mojos temperature will rise until there is a large enough difference to pass its heat to the air surrounding it.
If it is prevented from doing this perhaps by being insulated I some way it's temperature will rise until one of the three shut down trips operate. note the battery is safe to 150 degrees and the trips all operate up to a hundred degrees lower. Therefore it's perfectly safe. In fact if it's feeling mildly hot at first to your hand. Your hand alone will easily soon bring the unit down to a reasonable temperature.

beerchug.gif

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #18,975 of 42,765
But I read somewhere that that works only with the optional sub-zero water cooling jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back