Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 7, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #8,896 of 10,828
can anyone explain why the mojo2 eq was designed the way it was? I find it odd, unlike most eqs and hard to predict how they interact together.

(I think I maybe like GREEN -1db, takes a slight edge off, at least with the AKG K371 I'm using, my IEM, which is tuned differently need no eq at all. tbf, I sort did something like on my studio monitors, I turned the tweeters down by -1db)

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #8,897 of 10,828
can anyone explain why the mojo2 eq was designed the way it was? I find it odd, unlike most eqs and hard to predict how they interact together.

(I think I maybe like GREEN -1db, takes a slight edge off, at least with the AKG K371 I'm using, my IEM, which is tuned differently need no eq at all. tbf, I sort did something like on my studio monitors, I turned the tweeters down by -1db)
There is a link somewhere on this thread to a spreadsheet that interactively shows the fr graph as the buttons are pressed. You may need to search for it

Sep 8, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #8,899 of 10,828
There is a link somewhere on this thread to a spreadsheet that interactively shows the fr graph as the buttons are pressed. You may need to search for it
here it is

If it helps anyone, I created an Excel sheet to play around with and predict the DSP effects. Try it and feel free to make improvements to the factors I used, which I tried many best to estimate from Rob's PDFs (in the Watts Up thread).

https://mega.nz/file/SzgG0JJQ#WHIJKWvgsmMXA9JRKiA1uf_Ggq0UfaUEoRsmoXnnK_Q

Edit: added image of Excel tool
Edit2: I also changed the horizontal axis to start at 10 and show 00, 1000, etc. as this is more intuitive and you can better read the frequencies.
1645139759255.jpeg

PS: My Mojo 2 has 7 screws :beerchug:

Sep 8, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #8,900 of 10,828
Can anyone here share their Chord mojo 2 eq and cross-feed settings for the Empire ears legend x? Thank you in advance.
Other people's settings would be valid for you only if:
- their sample of the earphone/headphone, would have very close frequency response to your sample (probable, but not very common)
- Their ear canal, hearing sensitivities are very close to yours! (nigh impossible)
- The fitting is exactly like yours. (nigh . . . !)
So where does this get you?
Remember:
- FR curves for earphones are very inaccurate and loose, it only shows major mistakes that a manufacturer has made, not much else.
- FR curves, can be a starting point for any individual to set their own EQ parameters, it is certainly not a bible.
Frankly, when I look at any transducers charts, Distortion curve is the primary concern for me, FR curve is secondary, if it is smooth enough, then fittings, shape, weight blah blah . . .

Sep 8, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #8,901 of 10,828
Sep 8, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #8,902 of 10,828
Other people's settings would be valid for you only if:
- their sample of the earphone/headphone, would have very close frequency response to your sample (probable, but not very common)
- Their ear canal, hearing sensitivities are very close to yours! (nigh impossible)
- The fitting is exactly like yours. (nigh . . . !)
So where does this get you?
Remember:
- FR curves for earphones are very inaccurate and loose, it only shows major mistakes that a manufacturer has made, not much else.
- FR curves, can be a starting point for any individual to set their own EQ parameters, it is certainly not a bible.
Frankly, when I look at any transducers charts, Distortion curve is the primary concern for me, FR curve is secondary, if it is smooth enough, then fittings, shape, weight blah blah . . .
Have you tried the nuraphone (now Denon) headphones or earbuds? They supposedly use a ear canal mapping technology. So far, I'm impressed. They have the least artificial DSP sound. The only other IEMs that have similar function is the Airpod Pros.

Can anyone here share their Chord mojo 2 eq and cross-feed settings for the Empire ears legend x? Thank you in advance.
You would be better to look at oratory 1990's settings and using the above mentioned spreadsheet to translate it into mojo 2 EQ settings. Crossfeed settings are personal. Rob Watts likes the crossfeed on max because he is looking to reproduce a live performance. I personally love the separation and wide soundstage (even if artificial) because it feels more immersive. So, I use little or no crossfeed.

Sep 8, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #8,903 of 10,828

does this help / is this what you are after (to conceptualise it)? - pg 15 plus pg 16 talks about eq

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Mojo-2-user-manual-V.1.1.pdf

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #8,905 of 10,828
It's very odd to need micro-USB to charge, I almost don't believe it, as it should be quite simple to have two charging inputs, both USB-C and micro USB. From an electronics perspective i can't see how that would cause any problems?

Strange. Chord must have a reason.
or theyre just being stodgy just to throw a thumb at everyone just to be different

Sep 9, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #8,907 of 10,828
It is to maintain compatibility with the Poly.
And for those who want to know more specific, as was explained "somewhere" (here or/and on darko.audio podcast by RW), adding charging-hardware for USB-C would have increased the space requirement in Mojo2 just too much. Charging hardware for USB-C seems to need way more space as if only needed for Data transfer.

Sep 9, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #8,908 of 10,828
It's very odd to need micro-USB to charge, I almost don't believe it, as it should be quite simple to have two charging inputs, both USB-C and micro USB. From an electronics perspective i can't see how that would cause any problems?

Let's roll the clock back to

1694254285366.png

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ing-on-page-95-of-thread.885405/post-16820475

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #8,909 of 10,828

Yeah I still can't accept it. Some people heavily defend it, saying that Chord knows their stuff better then their customer. So in 2022 we still have micro USB in our dac.

To accommodate the problem I bought a magnetic micro-usb clip. I still mad since I have to carry extra cable, but it is needed to prolong the life of the micro USB port.

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #8,910 of 10,828
Yeah I still can't accept it. Some people heavily defend it, saying that Chord knows their stuff better then their customer. So in 2022 we still have micro USB in our dac.

To accommodate the problem I bought a magnetic micro-usb clip. I still mad since I have to carry extra cable, but it is needed to prolong the life of the micro USB port.
Easiest solution using magnetic clips. I use them on all my non data transfer port devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back