Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 9, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #8,911 of 11,001
Yeah I still can't accept it. Some people heavily defend it, saying that Chord knows their stuff better then their customer. So in 2022 we still have micro USB in our dac.

To accommodate the problem I bought a magnetic micro-usb clip. I still mad since I have to carry extra cable, but it is needed to prolong the life of the micro USB port.
You do know how many insertions micro usb is designed for I take it.
I would have liked a usb-c charge port but, really, is it such a big problem? I have dozens of devices that have micro usb connectors and amazingly they still work.

Sep 9, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #8,913 of 11,001
You”re welcome. Funny, I rarely use it or eq. I’ve settled on the DCA Noire as my most frequent pairing, and the tuning is great to my liking as is. I do tend to leave the crossfeed on full.
I use the eq for fine tuning the lcdx which is a darkish headphone. A little sparkle makes it sing 😁

Sep 9, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #8,914 of 11,001
You do know how many insertions micro usb is designed for I take it.
I would have liked a usb-c charge port but, really, is it such a big problem? I have dozens of devices that have micro usb connectors and amazingly they still work.
My Poly is getting its micro USB port replaced at The Sound Organisation. I bought it 2017, so it lasted about 6 years of active use.

Sep 9, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #8,916 of 11,001
Are micro usb ports more liable to failure than usb c ports ? I ask because I use a micro usb cable for both charging and listening. I don't use the usb c port at all.

Sep 9, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #8,917 of 11,001
Are micro usb ports more liable to failure than usb c ports ? I ask because I use a micro usb cable for both charging and listening. I don't use the usb c port at all.
I'm not aware of any reliability studies between the two. But based on my personal experience with using both, I imagine the USB-C has a longer lifespan.

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #8,918 of 11,001
I'm not aware of any reliability studies between the two. But based on my personal experience with using both, I imagine the USB-C has a longer lifespan.
Micro USB and USB C have a lifespan of 10,000 cycles vs standard USB of 5000 cycles. That’s about 9 years of use plugging and unplugging 3x a day. USB C is not more durable. It’s more convenient because it’s symmetrical. It also has higher bandwidth and power capabilities.

Sep 10, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #8,919 of 11,001
Try fiio ft3 with mojo 2 with minimalistic eq of -1 click at 20khz , fed by uapp app and use plenty of ferrite on usb cable. I use 5 ferrite clips of 7mm with 3 turns of cable through each of these thus effectively getting effect of 15 ferrites and it removes last bit of background noise from usb transport. Unbelievable transparency and musicality.

Sep 10, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #8,920 of 11,001
Try fiio ft3 with mojo 2 with minimalistic eq of -1 click at 20khz , fed by uapp app and use plenty of ferrite on usb cable. I use 5 ferrite clips of 7mm with 3 turns of cable through each of these thus effectively getting effect of 15 ferrites and it removes last bit of background noise from usb transport. Unbelievable transparency and musicality.

-1db at 20kHz ?

I don’t think that’s audible to anyone other than children.

Sep 11, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #8,925 of 11,001
While the TwelveSouth BookBook CaddySack isn't Chord Mojo2 specific, I thought I'd share this/my solution for people that use the Mojo2 on the road! Note my cable for the Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noir does fit in the "book's" compartment.Classy dude am I! :beyersmile:
IMG_1143.jpeg

IMG_1140.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back