Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 8, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #2,236 of 11,002
Ah is there a better way to start a day with such a morning package at your desk? Apparently Chord has been aware of firmware upgrade issue and I've got v3 installed - or at least so the sticker on the Poly box says. 6 hours of charging before I can check :)

Waiting for further impressions, especially if Poly comes with V3 firmware pre installed.

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #2,237 of 11,002
Where did you guys buy the cable to connect the mojo2 to the mscaler?

When tidal connect is available I will try poly. Untill thenthe mojo will be used with USB C and a phone.
Hi Rebel Chris. Are you using an iphone? If so I assume you use an Apple CCK and then what cable between the CCK and the USB-C?

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #2,238 of 11,002
@Olliver Many thanks for the tip! I'll be mostly using it with the DAP initially, but with laptop / tablet quite a bit too. Assuming I like the way it sounds of course! It's just turned up and I've got to go out to work!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #2,239 of 11,002
And if someone asks, if you use two filters on one usb cable, it loses resolution and clarity.
Listen for longer, it's merely more refined and probably sounds like there is more bass or is warmer.

Noise problems add exaggerating effects that create a false sense of detail and clarity.

An easy test for this is a song with lyrics that are hard to understand. A DAC that's sounding more refined will make it easier to understand the lyrics.

Listen for a week to find out what happens :beerchug:

Feb 8, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #2,240 of 11,002
Are everyone's Mojo 2 and Poly a totally different colour?

Attachments

• BA56924E-E57E-44BB-A089-70834A037687.jpeg
    BA56924E-E57E-44BB-A089-70834A037687.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Feb 8, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #2,243 of 11,002
Good to know it is not just me. Luckily, it is a device carried around in a case.

I would have sent my 2Go back if it was as different to Hugo 2 as Mojo 2 is to Poly.

Feb 8, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #2,244 of 11,002
I read somewhere that the Mojo 2 uses the same chip/processor as the Mojo 1. Is that true?

Feb 8, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #2,245 of 11,002
Just looked at old pics of Mojo and Poly and they are identical in colour. So unless they have modified the colour of the new batch of Poly's (with 3.0) to be the same different shade of black as the Mojo 2 looks like everybody will be in the same boat. Not a great look from Chord if this is the case.

From the Chord website there is this pic - looks like M2 and Poly both same shade?

Mojo-2-Klaus.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #2,246 of 11,002
Just looked at old pics of Mojo and Poly and they are identical in colour. So unless they have modified the colour of the new batch of Poly's (with 3.0) to be the same different shade of black as the Mojo 2 looks like everybody will be in the same boat. Not a great look from Chord if this is the case.
Not at all. I unboxed Poly and my instinctive reaction was to put it back in the box.

Feb 8, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #2,247 of 11,002
Just ordered one ! EQ (and crossfeed) are really great changes on the first one (that I have)
Looking forward to try it on headphone and speakers

Just wondering
On basic old digital EQ (winamp?), I remember it was way better not to amplify frequencies but diminish them : I mean to have +2db in bass you would decrease by 2db everything but bass on EQ and raise volume on speaker by 2 db. Applying +Xdb on the "digital EQ" was making sound horribly distorted.
I wonder what was that great technology of digital filtering and amplifying...

I guess it is not the same technology here ^^

No it's not the same - I am not limited by transmitting to the DAC as you can't go above 0DBFS. With the UHD DSP I have built in 3 overload bits, so you can indeed go over 0DBFS. No setting will induce clipping within the UHD DSP. But - the last stage is the volume control, and you need to remember that adding a boost in the DSP means that you may have to reduce the volume to ensure no clipping at the output. So with no boost, Mojo 2 can clip when the volume is set to white. If you were to boost 20Hz by say +3dB, and the bass shelf by +3dB then the total boost at 20Hz is now +6 dB. That would mean that 20Hz could clip with volume set to violet or higher and not white now; that said, I have never run the volume anyway near violet!

Feb 8, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #2,249 of 11,002

From the Chord website there is this pic - looks like M2 and Poly both same shade?

Mojo-2-Klaus.jpg
Soo.... this image = false marketing..?

Feb 8, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #2,250 of 11,002
Are everyone's Mojo 2 and Poly a totally different colour?
It's that and old version or a new Poly? Last generation had the same colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back