Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 8, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #2,269 of 11,002
Is that for real? I preordered on 1/31 and haven’t received any shipping notice.
So did I. I preordered one as soon as I saw it on Moon Audio’s website. I hope my “awaiting fulfillment” status changes soon because they are showing some stock.

Feb 8, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #2,270 of 11,002
Feb 8, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #2,271 of 11,002
Feb 8, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #2,273 of 11,002
Feb 8, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #2,274 of 11,002
Yes.

I can ask my question and also wait for Sony on the 8th. They're not mutually exclusive🤷‍♂️
Mojo has an agreeable sound with aspects of hi end dac quality. I think given the size, layout and power constraints you are probably not going to get much better - I don’t consider Hugo 2 to be a direct upgrade. Unless you tell me Sony also has an FPGA dac implementation I am guessing mojo will be better.

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #2,276 of 11,002
I think we will be stuck in this quality band until the high end shops come up with something unique - like a new way to develop the sound model that fits your unique situation or to use machine learning to revert back to recording session or other computational hifi.

tbh the high end sounds bloody good years ago. I guess the difference would be instead of simply “seeing” the singer and their moving lips you can now “touch” their face…perhaps in the future we can touch them all over. I don’t know I am just grabbing for words here.

I think without a break through we are at a point that the continued improvements in sound will shift from computational power back to good old analog circuit design and careful clock and signal management and noise management. The analog stuff can get really expensive really fast.

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #2,277 of 11,002

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #2,278 of 11,002
Just got home after work- got Mojo 2 and Poly set up as a Roon endpoint in minutes.

Sounding just excellent with my Focal Utopias.

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #2,279 of 11,002
Is the mojo 2 a worthwhile purchase, if I own a WM1A already? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have both and is a difficult one. The mojo is more transparent and dynamic with way more power. Will depend on your headphones and IEMs. If you are happy with the power supplied then you are good. From the other hand you get the versatility with the mojo since you are using your mobile. Adding the poly and then you have more power, transparency and dynamics with streaming and everything the mobile brings into the discussion. But if you are happy with sony’s power and you want just a mobile device for your own files then maybe is better to stick with. Finally the mojo is a waaaaay better Dac as a desktop device and the Sony simply is not at all. Hope that’s helpful

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #2,280 of 11,002
Listen for longer, it's merely more refined and probably sounds like there is more bass or is warmer.

Noise problems add exaggerating effects that create a false sense of detail and clarity.

An easy test for this is a song with lyrics that are hard to understand. A DAC that's sounding more refined will make it easier to understand the lyrics.

Listen for a week to find out what happens :beerchug:
Thank you for the reply, it´s an interesting idea to try it longer and if my perception will change.
I know from mains noise filters, that it can be to much and make the music liveless, but here there are more technical explanations for this effect,
than on an usb connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back