Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 8, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #2,296 of 11,002
Picked up an Mojo2 today after saying I wouldn’t (that didn’t last long) found a couple of places that has Poly in stock (sold mine ages ago) but explaining why I needed confirmation that the Polys were being sold with V3 software, 3 separate dealers couldn’t confirm software version. One guys didn’t have a clue what I was talking about so had to explain and that was a painful conversation.

One was in hand (Richer Sounds) but the box didn’t have a V3 sticker.

Still looking.

Feb 8, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #2,297 of 11,002
Picked up an Mojo2 today after saying I wouldn’t (that didn’t last long) found a couple of places that has Poly in stock (sold mine ages ago) but explaining why I needed confirmation that the Polys were being sold with V3 software, 3 separate dealers couldn’t confirm software version. One guys didn’t have a clue what I was talking about so had to explain and that was a painful conversation.

One was in hand (Richer Sounds) but the box didn’t have a V3 sticker.

Still looking.
Peter Tyson told me this re Poly firmware:

"Hi James,
Thank you for your email
Yes, all Poly’s we have are recent & on the new FW
Kind regards,"

Feb 8, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #2,298 of 11,002
I have both and is a difficult one. The mojo is more transparent and dynamic with way more power. Will depend on your headphones and IEMs. If you are happy with the power supplied then you are good. From the other hand you get the versatility with the mojo since you are using your mobile. Adding the poly and then you have more power, transparency and dynamics with streaming and everything the mobile brings into the discussion. But if you are happy with sony’s power and you want just a mobile device for your own files then maybe is better to stick with. Finally the mojo is a waaaaay better Dac as a desktop device and the Sony simply is not at all. Hope that’s helpful
Thank you! I run the ier-z1r, so power would be appreciated. I might use mojo 2 as desktop set up, keeps it clean and tidy, and stick to wm1a as portable then.

Feb 8, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #2,299 of 11,002
My intention was not to derive objective conclusions out of this subjective comparison. People seem to be enjoying the difference in SQ between the mojo and mojo2 as almost all of the owners unfalteringly pointed out. So I just thought if 8/10 and 9/10 comments really symbolize that much of a difference which people were enthusiastic about. I know it’s just a number but the guy only raised it by one point which is not much. At least not as much as the hype (which I don’t say is baseless) going on here.
I can also say if MSB select is 10/10 mojo 2 is like 4/10 and Mojo 1 is like 3.95/10.

Feb 8, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #2,300 of 11,002

"Hi James,
Thank you for your email
Kind regards,"
I ordered a poly from Peter Tyson to go with my mojo 2 and can confirm it has the 'v3 fw mojo 2' compatible stickers on the box.
Also I've seen a couple of comments about colour matching, mine seems to match the mojo 2 very well so maybe the newest batch of Polys are slightly different finish - or I've just been lucky.

Feb 8, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #2,301 of 11,002
I ordered a poly from Peter Tyson to go with my mojo 2 and can confirm it has the 'v3 fw mojo 2' compatible stickers on the box.
Also I've seen a couple of comments about colour matching, mine seems to match the mojo 2 very well so maybe the newest batch of Polys are slightly different finish - or I've just been lucky.
That’s good to know re FW and colour. How are you finding the Mojo2poly?

Feb 8, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #2,302 of 11,002
That’s good to know re FW and colour. How are you finding the Mojo2poly?
It's exceeded my expectations to be honest, I've had a mojo and poly in the past and never really had issues with my use case - poly on android phone's hotspot and playing from SD card or qobuz/tidal using mconnect, but in the end moved into DAPs.
I'm doing the same use case again this time and it's been faultless, gapless actually is gapless now too which is nice :)
I use a Hugo 2 mostly and was planning to get a 2go but held out for the mojo 2 release as that plus a poly is slightly cheaper and much more portable. I went for the mojo 2 as soon as I saw it had crossfeed as I use that feature a lot on the Hugo 2 with older recording - early Dylan, Grateful dead etc...
Anyway, I'm really enjoying it - I would say it's a tad warmer than the Hugo 2 and not quite as spacious but not by much and isn't that far off in terms of overall quality - excellent sound on the go.

Feb 8, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #2,303 of 11,002
obviously not, given the new ball.
Well given the balls on both do not protrude above the housing, the case is leather (some flexibility?), open ended, the balls appear to cover the about the same width in the case, and the mojo models measurements are close in size there seems to be a possibility it could fit and function "within reason". You know, as a short term measure while waiting for the proper case. I was seeking a helpful answer but thank you non the less. If your answer is based on experience with the product you could post that. Just trying to protect my investment when out and involved in physical activity :)

Feb 8, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #2,304 of 11,002
Long shot question here that I have not spotted an answer to.
Does the Mojo 2/Poly combination fit in the premium Chord case from the 1st generation Mojo/Poly and if so do the buttons function within reason?
Looking for a stop gap solution as we await newer cases and I wear out Mojo 1 :)
Mine does. Including the new ball. Nor perfect but I can access all and will NOT be buying new case

Feb 8, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #2,306 of 11,002

"Hi James,
Thank you for your email
Kind regards,"
Wish I had spoken to your guy!

It was Peter Tyson that actually told me that “the early version of Poly had wifi issues for some people but all latest versions should be fine and they have no way of knowing” What!!!!

Nintronics said they would get someone to call me from sales…no one called back all day and I’ve spent a small fortune with them in the past. Won’t be anymore.

It was Richer Sounds local store who were really helpful on the phone, they will call Chord in the morning and order directly from them so it should be V3 but will ask Chord to verify and will only charge me once they give me an eta that is acceptable to me.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #2,309 of 11,002
Feb 8, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #2,310 of 11,002
The mojo 2 is definitely a step up from the old mojo. The major differences are in transparency, transients and frequency extremes. Separation between voices, instruments etc. is significantly better on the mojo 2 while transients are cleaner and better defined. Bass has better definition and reaches lower and treble seems a tiny bit higher in volume and cleaner, but at the cost of some warmth. The original mojo feels a bit overly smooth/warm and a bit congested in A-B comparison.

The differences depends quite a bit on the headphones used though. With some headphones the differences were minor, but with most they were significant and with a few headphones the gap between them was surprisingly large. There weren't any instances where I preferred the original mojo though. Upgrading will be worth it for quite a lot of people, but it depends on the headphones one plans to use with it and if one needs better sound than original mojo can provide. If I had neither of the mojos then I would buy a new mojo 2 rather than a used original mojo but the original mojo is still a good unit.

Overall I am very happy with the upgrade from mojo to mojo 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back