Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 21, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #362 of 10,527
Sep 21, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #363 of 10,527
The Anni looks like a great product to pair with the Qutest. It's a really compelling desktop solution. A bit pricey, but no doubt high quality. Maybe Chord is just planning to get out of the portable market because it is too competitive and the parts are too hard to get given the global supply shortage of various parts.

CanJam Socal would have been a great venue to launch a Mojo 2. It doesn't appear we will be getting one. It would have made the most sense to launch all new products at the same time so that they could maximize coverage of the new products.

Sep 21, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #364 of 10,527
The Anni looks like a great product to pair with the Qutest. It's a really compelling desktop solution. A bit pricey, but no doubt high quality. Maybe Chord is just planning to get out of the portable market because it is too competitive and the parts are too hard to get given the global supply shortage of various parts.

CanJam Socal would have been a great venue to launch a Mojo 2. It doesn't appear we will be getting one. It would have made the most sense to launch all new products at the same time so that they could maximize coverage of the new products.
I feel like the Mojo was a top seller though, just gauging by how many vendors sell it.
It seems like a no brainer really, they could just leave the SQ and swap in a better battery and USB-C and people would be happy.

Sep 21, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #365 of 10,527
I feel like the Mojo was a top seller though, just gauging by how many vendors sell it.
It seems like a no brainer really, they could just leave the SQ and swap in a better battery and USB-C and people would be happy.
Sure, that would be a nice point release, but it is no longer competitive with other alternatives out there. They really need to improve software and networking in the Mojo. That is in addition to the battery and USB micro issues. Chord should pair the Mojo with a DAP the size of a R3 Pro which runs Android and use their industrial design and machining expertise to make them work seamlessly together. Add parametric EQ, be able to drive both IEMs and full sized headphones like the Mojo does today and they would have a winner.

Sep 21, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #366 of 10,527
Agree 100%

Sep 21, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #370 of 10,527
Sure, that would be a nice point release, but it is no longer competitive with other alternatives out there. They really need to improve software and networking in the Mojo. That is in addition to the battery and USB micro issues. Chord should pair the Mojo with a DAP the size of a R3 Pro which runs Android and use their industrial design and machining expertise to make them work seamlessly together. Add parametric EQ, be able to drive both IEMs and full sized headphones like the Mojo does today and they would have a winner.
It really is competitive though, I've had the pleasure of testing it beside a £3000 AK DAP, the Mojo sounds better. So people will still buy it for SQ no matter what, as that's king in this hobby.

I agree though. a Chord DAP would be absolutely superb, like you say they know how to machine well. I think they'll go the Mojo 2 route though.

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #371 of 10,527
Here’s my prediction: Chord either surprise-drops a Mojo 2 in three days at CJ, or it ain’t happening. At least not as anything we’d recognize as a Mojo, and not anytime soon.

It may be a very tricky thing to sell a deck-of-cards-sized device in a year or two. The smaller mobile landscape is probably going to look very different… L&P and Lotoo (among others) have kicked off the miniaturization wars with some absolutely insane tech and legit flagship-killing SQ in ridiculously tiny packages, roughly half the size of a pack of gum. Sure, they’re unpowered dongles, but it’s only a matter of time before they decide to drop a battery in something the same size or only slightly larger with (one would assume) some upgrades and even better sound. The game is changing quickly.

If Chord does have plans for a Mojo 2 similar in size to the original, they need to drop it now and ride the splash, or can it and head back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #372 of 10,527
To be honest I am not expecting anything to come out from Chord other than supplementary equipment like the Anni for the qutest range. I thing the mojo range will expand rather revised. Maybe something like a smart docking station or a revised software for poly.

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #373 of 10,527
Here’s my prediction: Chord either surprise-drops a Mojo 2 in three days at CJ
Chord isn't exhibiting.

I suppose that's why Anni was announced earlier this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back