Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 24, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #378 of 10,527
no mojo in the stores no mojo 2 soon
No one in the know has confirmed any of that. You’re jumping to conclusions. Rob Watts is in this thread and declined to comment. It’s possible it’s been discontinued, but maybe it hasn’t been.

Sep 24, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #379 of 10,527
That doesnt discredit the fact that Mojo's are not available in most stores to buy except open box or used ones.

Sep 24, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #380 of 10,527
I think Jason from The Source AV mentioned that there would be nothing regarding a Mojo 2 until at least Christmas. He also mentioned that Chord is always late, so maybe there will be a Mojo 2 by CanJam New York in February.

Sep 24, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #381 of 10,527
Given part sourcing problems across every industry, product rollout delays are probably going to be the norm. I do agree CanJam New York is a great target if they are releasing a new Mojo.

Sep 25, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #383 of 10,527
No one in the know has confirmed any of that. You’re jumping to conclusions. Rob Watts is in this thread and declined to comment. It’s possible it’s been discontinued, but maybe it hasn’t been.
Given part sourcing problems across every industry, product rollout delays are probably going to be the norm. I do agree CanJam New York is a great target if they are releasing a new Mojo.
I can confirm it.

Spoken to the owner of Audio 46, people at Bloom, people at The Source, and a few other smaller outfits… the Mojo 1 isn’t available anymore, period. It’s not a parts sourcing issue, it’s a Mojo sourcing issue… As in no more orders can be placed.

They have all heard rumors of a Mojo 2, but received zero solid information, nor even off-the-record official confirmation that it is happening… with the exception of Audio 46, who stated they were told it is happening... But whether they heard that from someone at Chord proper or from an importer rep wasn’t clear.

Larger dealers like those listed above need a healthy advance notice on heavily anticipated products in order to figure out logistics, due to the large volume of units they move. If they have heard essentially nothing solid, we can probably safely assume that if a Mojo 2 is coming, it’s still a long ways out.

I was hoping they would surprise everybody and drop something at CanJam, so we’d be looking at units shipping probably spring 2022… But that didn’t happen. Based on that, and on the assumption that Chord is going to want to drop a new Mojo 2 at a CanJam, that means the next possibility is CJNY in late February… which would most likely mean summer 2022 at the earliest. But again, nobody has heard anything solid. Like, at all. That’s a little weird for a product that would ostensibly be on shelves in like 9 months. So I’d say it’s probably going to be even later. So maybe CJS in April? And shipping Autumn 2022, a solid year from now? Again, if a Mojo 2 is happening at all.

So for the next little while… or long while… or forever… RIP Mojo indeed.

As always… I’d love to be wrong. C’mon, Chord- give me a big plate of humble pie to eat…

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #384 of 10,527
I can confirm it.

Spoken to the owner of Audio 46, people at Bloom, people at The Source, and a few other smaller outfits… the Mojo 1 isn’t available anymore, period. It’s not a parts sourcing issue, it’s a Mojo sourcing issue… As in no more orders can be placed.

They have all heard rumors of a Mojo 2, but received zero solid information, nor even off-the-record official confirmation that it is happening… with the exception of Audio 46, who stated they were told it is happening... But whether they heard that from someone at Chord proper or from an importer rep wasn’t clear.

Larger dealers like those listed above need a healthy advance notice on heavily anticipated products in order to figure out logistics, due to the large volume of units they move. If they have heard essentially nothing solid, we can probably safely assume that if a Mojo 2 is coming, it’s still a long ways out.

I was hoping they would surprise everybody and drop something at CanJam, so we’d be looking at units shipping probably spring 2022… But that didn’t happen. Based on that, and on the assumption that Chord is going to want to drop a new Mojo 2 at a CanJam, that means the next possibility is CJNY in late February… which would most likely mean summer 2022 at the earliest. But again, nobody has heard anything solid. Like, at all. That’s a little weird for a product that would ostensibly be on shelves in like 9 months. So I’d say it’s probably going to be even later. So maybe CJS in April? And shipping Autumn 2022, a solid year from now? Again, if a Mojo 2 is happening at all.

So for the next little while… or long while… or forever… RIP Mojo indeed.

As always… I’d love to be wrong. C’mon, Chord- give me a big plate of humble pie to eat…
I had similar feedback from my dealer but mate, you should't be naming the source (not cool)

Sep 25, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #385 of 10,527
@Another Audiophile relax it is just discussion. Who cares if mojo is alive or rip? Who cares the source? Where is the problem? For sure this discussion is good for chord due to interest for a new product. I' m sure if mojo 2 arrives to stores, chord will sell a lot of units

Sep 25, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #386 of 10,527
@Another Audiophile relax it is just discussion. Who cares if mojo is alive or rip? Who cares the source? Where is the problem? For sure this discussion is good for chord due to interest for a new product. I' m sure if mojo 2 arrives to stores, chord will sell a lot of units
I am very relaxed. It's just not cool to share what a dealer might have told you in private, maybe because you are a good customer or you have a good relationship. If I was chord I would send an email to Audio 46 asking for some explanations. You are on the wrong mate to share the name of the dealer.

Sep 25, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #388 of 10,527
I had similar feedback from my dealer but mate, you should't be naming the source (not cool)
I am very relaxed. It's just not cool to share what a dealer might have told you in private, maybe because you are a good customer or you have a good relationship. If I was chord I would send an email to Audio 46 asking for some explanations. You are on the wrong mate to share the name of the dealer.
Why do you assume these statements were secrets told to me in confidence?

Again, the main take-away from these conversations with everybody -including Audio 46- was that there is no solid, substantial statement from Chord regarding the Mojo 2. Why on earth would that be a secret? Better question- how on earth could that be a secret? What are these vendors supposed to tell people who can no longer place an order for a Mojo? Maybe gaslight them and pretend there was never even a Mojo 1, let alone rumors of a Mojo 2?

If you were Chord, what would the contents of your email to Audio 46 be?

Dear sirs:

We are extremely disappointed you don’t have any solid information about what our plans are regarding a possible Mojo 2… even though we are the only ones who could have provided you with said solid information, and we haven’t. In the future, if a customer express interest in a Mojo 2, please do not say anything, and immediately throw scalding hot coffee in their face.

We will have a Mojo 2 for you to sell eventually. Or maybe we won’t. But then again, perhaps. Or perhaps not. Yes. No. Left. Right. Red fish. Blue fish. Mojo 1 fish. Mojo 2 fish.

Remember, that coffee should be face-meltingly hot. We can’t stress that enough.

Best,

Chord
”…

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #389 of 10,527
If you were Chord, what would the contents of your email to Audio 46 be?
Dear Audio 46

We haven't made any official statement concerning the mojo's availability. There are some stock issues due to low availability of FPGA chips. It came to our attention that you have been falsely communicating to potential chord customers that the chord mojo is not available anymore, implying that the product has been discontinued. This is not true and chord have never made such statement. As such you are currently requested to express our appologies for the delay and as an official distributor we would appreciate if you could stop spreading terminological inexactitudes.

Regards

Chord team

Or something like that...

Sep 26, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #390 of 10,527
Dear Audio 46

We haven't made any official statement concerning the mojo's availability. There are some stock issues due to low availability of FPGA chips. It came to our attention that you have been falsely communicating to potential chord customers that the chord mojo is not available anymore, implying that the product has been discontinued. This is not true and chord have never made such statement. As such you are currently requested to express our appologies for the delay and as an official distributor we would appreciate if you could stop spreading terminological inexactitudes.

Regards

Chord team

Or something like that...
You keep hammering on this idea that Chord is experiencing a shortage of FPGA chips. I’m curious as to why you think only Mojo production would be affected if this was the case. You do realize that the FPGA chip used in the Mojo is also used in some of Chord’s higher end DACs, right? That’s why it was such a big deal when the Mojo was released at it’s price point.

Stores can still place orders for Hugo 2s, Qutests, etc… Shouldn’t they be held up due to “low availability of FPGA chips” as well?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back