Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Oct 29, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #409 of 10,527
so all the denial from chord about the mojo been discontinued was for nothing. Sorry, zero credibility. I think we can all assume that the original mojo is done and the new one is coming. The suppliers were right all along.
Where did they deny it?

Oct 29, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #410 of 10,527
Oh man they could knock it out of the park with this. Imagine USB-C, some rudimentary bluetooth functionality, £400. Bye bye ifi go blu.
I do think they really need to have some bT internals though to allow this to reach it's potential sales. I really cba to go back to a tethered phone as a portable solution.

Oct 29, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #412 of 10,527
Where did they deny it?
Reply from chord when I asked if the mojo has been discontinued

“Mojo isn't discontinued... but we aren't currently building them. This is an unplanned and temporary hiatus caused by knock on effects of the current chip shortage (we never stopped our orders during COVID but we're now suffering shortages in high demand components). We hope to rectify it as soon as we can.
All the best

Oct 29, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #414 of 10,527
They probably would've liked it sooner but have to deal with the supply shortages. At this point just hoping we can get our hands on it in 2022 😅

Oct 29, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #415 of 10,527
Reply from chord when I asked if the mojo has been discontinued

“Mojo isn't discontinued... but we aren't currently building them. This is an unplanned and temporary hiatus caused by knock on effects of the current chip shortage (we never stopped our orders during COVID but we're now suffering shortages in high demand components). We hope to rectify it as soon as we can.
All the best
Both things could be true. They may have planned to continue manufacturing them through the year but couldn’t source parts. Or they may have plans to sell Mojo 1 at a discount next to Mojo 2 (unlikely).

Or you could argue it isn’t being discontinued because they’re releasing Mojo 2. Is a car continued when they release a new model year?

Oct 29, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #416 of 10,527
<3

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1635538369956.jpg
    FB_IMG_1635538369956.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 29, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #417 of 10,527
I was really hoping that a Mojo 2 would have wifi and a microSD card slot so it could be controlled by one’s phone, essentially a Poly+Mojo in one chassis. Also, the same number of taps as the Qutest/Hugo 2.

I guess we’ll see it in action at CanJam NY.

Oct 29, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #418 of 10,527
Woo hoooo!! Never been happier to have been wrong!

That said, I still don’t think it will be identical to those leaked images from earlier in the thread. I’d bet that was a prototype. Look at the pic of the rear… the cutout for the USB-C port not only appears to extend below the base of the device, but it actually infringes into the cutout for the left Micro-USB port. I can’t see that happening on a production model. I wouldn’t be surprised if Micro-USB is gone entirely in favor of USB-C, and there is internal Bluetooth, meaning it doesn’t need to be backwards compatible with Poly.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #419 of 10,527
Woo hoooo!! Never been happier to have been wrong!

That said, I still don’t think it will be identical to those leaked images from earlier in the thread. I’d bet that was a prototype. Look at the pic of the rear… the cutout for the USB-C port not only appears to extend below the base of the device, but it actually infringes into the cutout for the left Micro-USB port. I can’t see that happening on a production model. I wouldn’t be surprised if Micro-USB is gone entirely in favor of USB-C, and there is internal Bluetooth, meaning it doesn’t need to be backwards compatible with Poly.
Poly s more than Bluetooth. People won’t want to have to buy a Poly2 to use Roon, WiFi, SD card.

Oct 29, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #420 of 10,527
Poly s more than Bluetooth. People won’t want to have to buy a Poly2 to use Roon, WiFi, SD card.
I don’t know anything about Poly, never used it… If it’s more than Bluetooth, then I imagine they’d put whatever makes a Poly a Poly inside the Mojo 2.

I can’t imagine Chord dropping a new product that will realistically ship in early 2022 that uses primarily ancient micro USB, just so it can be backwards compatible with an add-on product launched half a decade ago… Especially when the main function of that product is wireless capability, which is something basically all of the Mojo 2’s competitors have internally. It would be a really, really dumb move. If they want it to be competitive, it will be all USB-C and have internal Poly capabilities. When the original Mojo dropped it murdered everything in terms of how much it offered for less. No reason to think the 2 won’t be gunning the same way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back