Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 7, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #42,631 of 42,765
Just a couple quick questions. I’ve taken a look at the FAQ.
-When I unplug my mojo from the charger, it is warm. Is it OK to leave it charging overnight?
-Does anyone have a recommendation of a decent but inexpensive coax cable to a DX 90 to a Mojo? I’d appreciate a link if you have one!
-Does anyone know of a way to go from lightning to coax or optical? Just curious about USB nervosa. The USB sounds awesome.

Apr 7, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #42,632 of 42,765
-When I unplug my mojo from the charger, it is warm. Is it OK to leave it charging overnight?
-Does anyone have a recommendation of a decent but inexpensive coax cable to a DX 90 to a Mojo? I’d appreciate a link if you have one!
-Does anyone know of a way to go from lightning to coax or optical? Just curious about USB nervosa. The USB sounds awesome.
The Mojo contains three thermal shutdown circuits, set to shut down the Mojo if the temperature exceeds 60C.
The Mojo will get warmest if you play music and charge from an almost flat battery.
Every other scenario should be OK, unless the ambient temperature is 40C (for example Dubai or Indonesia), and you are playing music and charging at the same time.
Standing the Mojo on its side also increases the case area able to exchange heat with the surrounding air, causing the case temperature to reduce.

I have never had any issues charging overnight.

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #42,633 of 42,765
The Mojo contains three thermal shutdown circuits, set to shut down the Mojo if the temperature exceeds 60C.
The Mojo will get warmest if you play music and charge from an almost flat battery.
Every other scenario should be OK, unless the ambient temperature is 40C (for example Dubai or Indonesia), and you are playing music and charging at the same time.
Standing the Mojo on its side also increases the case area able to exchange heat with the surrounding air, causing the case temperature to reduce.

I have never had any issues charging overnight.
And charging, playing music and in a CASE!

May 3, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #42,635 of 42,765

I use this one to connect my iBasso DX90 to Mojo: https://penonaudio.com/3.5mm-coaxial-cable-for-chord-mojo-dap.html?search=coax cable

May 25, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #42,636 of 42,765
Hello,

I have try to use my Cayin USB C to coaxial cable with the Mojo to connect to my pixel 6a, but I can't get no sound. I'm using the USB audio pro app, do I need to change any configuration on the app side?
Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20230525_080831068.jpg
    PXL_20230525_080831068.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
May 25, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #42,637 of 42,765
Hello,

I have try to use my Cayin USB C to coaxial cable with the Mojo to connect to my pixel 6a, but I can't get no sound. I'm using the USB audio pro app, do I need to change any configuration on the app side?
Thanks!
AFAIK, this cable type only works with the brand DAPs.

May 25, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #42,638 of 42,765
Hello,

Thanks!
I recently tried one of these too, with an iPhone (with lightning to USB-C adapter) and with A&K player with USB-C out, but couldn't get it to work with Mojo either. It seems it only works with Cayin's DAPs - I guess the output from the USB socket has to be configured appropriately.

May 25, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #42,639 of 42,765
Hello,

Thanks!

There's a description in the Cayin N3 DAP thread [ http://www.head-fi.org/t/833932/com...-usb-coax-out-for-under-200/570#post_13377537 ], for which (unused) pins in the USB-C connector are wired for the coax SPDIF output.
This connection is used by Cayin, and possibly a couple of other DAP manufacturers - but I haven't seen it listed for any phones.
For a phone, your options are: USB cable to Mojo, or USB to SPDIF (like a Reiyin DA-03).

Jun 18, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #42,641 of 42,765
Hi guys, great thread for the mojo !

I have been enjoying my mojo 2 for 3 months now and I just bought the poly and I’m loving it ! Now I’m wondering if I’m losing out on sound quality by using USB and if I should get something like a pi2aes and connect it to the mojo through Bnc to coax cable to get the most out of the mojo 2? What do you guys think ? And does the coax support all sample rates and DSD ?

Jun 18, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #42,642 of 42,765
Hi guys, great thread for the mojo !

I have been enjoying my mojo 2 for 3 months now and I just bought the poly and I’m loving it ! Now I’m wondering if I’m losing out on sound quality by using USB and if I should get something like a pi2aes and connect it to the mojo through Bnc to coax cable to get the most out of the mojo 2? What do you guys think ? And does the coax support all sample rates and DSD ?
Do you always use it with headphones direct?
- If yes, USB is as good as optical.
- If you use it in desktop mode, USB (might!) have a little disadvantage . Use optical.

Jun 18, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #42,644 of 42,765
Do you always use it with headphones direct?
- If yes, USB is as good as optical.
- If you use it in desktop mode, USB (might!) have a little disadvantage . Use optical.
Keep in mind that optical is limited to 192/24 and doesn't support DSD.

Jun 18, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #42,645 of 42,765
I use it mostly in desktop mood as a stand alone DAC, do you think my suggested setup is best for that ?
Use optical if you can. If not, get a USB isolator. Topping makes two.
HS01 and 02. either would do the job, for little money. The whole point of Optical is in its default electrical isolation, so using Coax is still electrically not isolated.
As @vlach correctly says, you can go to 192kHz only ( only!:relaxed: ) and no DSD. If that is an issue, then USB isolator is your girl!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back