Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 29, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #42,046 of 42,765
Also, any thoughts on what the “M” button on the presumed Mojo2 would do? Rob has said that mScaler and dac shouldn’t be in the same box due to noise, so would there be enough benefit to Mojo2 to have different filters or what?
I tend to agree with the speculation that it's a "Mode" button, possibly to activate a desktop mode.
What I'd really have liked to see is a cross-feed function. That one is really useful on the Hugo 2. More so than the filters IMO.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #42,047 of 42,765
I really hope the new Mojo is a cross between the OG Mojo and Hugo 2. In other words, the sound sig of the OG Mojo with the resolution/spatial compatibility of the H2 would be something special.

Oct 29, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #42,048 of 42,765
<3

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1635538369956.jpg
    FB_IMG_1635538369956.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 0
Nov 1, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #42,049 of 42,765
Not sure it looks bigger than Mojo, but it looks like the smaller buttons make it look bigger. It will likely be Mojo sized and fit in Poly Mojo cases. Or at most need a Poly Mojo 2 case, if it's longer.

By the way, talking about cases, I bought a case for both Hugo 2 and Mojo. I loved the cases being on because it made teh DACs feel safe. However I found I didn't want to use either one day, ebcause I found they made both DACs run hot. Since then, I have not used the cases.

That's not a great sign for Mojo Poly case either. We'd actually need to use the Mojo Poly case if taking the Poly out of the home. It's needed to protect the Mojo and Poly from bending at teh connection.

Mojo 2 speculation is exciting news because Mojo is still excellent. No two ways about it.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #42,050 of 42,765
Did you recognized when the speculation thread has started? :ksc75smile:
That's a long run without a thing happened. ^^

But there's still hope.

Nov 1, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #42,051 of 42,765
I loved the cases being on because it made teh DACs feel safe. However I found I didn't want to use either one day, ebcause I found they made both DACs run hot. Since then, I have not used the cases.

That's not a great sign for Mojo Poly case either. We'd actually need to use the Mojo Poly case if taking the Poly out of the home. It's needed to protect the Mojo and Poly from bending at teh connection.
A while back , I did a mod. on my Mojo . At that post, I also came to the same conclusion , that using a cover or a case on Mojo causes it to heat up even more, so it is not a good idea.

1635805831840.png

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #42,052 of 42,765
I’ve disconnected the battery from the mojo so I can use it as a desktop dac/amp. Does anyone have a USB-C to dual micro usb cable I could use to make this simple to use and power?

Nov 14, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #42,053 of 42,765
I’ve disconnected the battery from the mojo so I can use it as a desktop dac/amp. Does anyone have a USB-C to dual micro usb cable I could use to make this simple to use and power?
You can also use two separate/individual USB cables.

Nov 14, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #42,054 of 42,765
Today I did the most stupid thing ever. As a habit, I plugged the charging cable into the signal port. I realized the problem after a few seconds of noticing the LED didn't flash the white color as usually. I unplugged immediately and had to connect Mojo to my phone and my IEMs to test it out. Fortunately it worked fine, but I'm still concerned if there would be any operating issues after that. Has anyone here got themselves into a such situation like this?

Nov 14, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #42,055 of 42,765
Today I did the most stupid thing ever. As a habit, I plugged the charging cable into the signal port. I realized the problem after a few seconds of noticing the LED didn't flash the white color as usually. I unplugged immediately and had to connect Mojo to my phone and my IEMs to test it out. Fortunately it worked fine, but I'm still concerned if there would be any operating issues after that. Has anyone here got themselves into a such situation like this?
I've done this a couple times before. Don't feel that stupid. Bound to happen as there's two of the same ports right next to each other. I'm sure Chord would've accounted for it in the design.

Nov 14, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #42,056 of 42,765
I guess we all have done it at some point and I don’t think it does any damage to Mojo and if it does then it would be stupid design choice.

Nov 14, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #42,058 of 42,765
I've done this a couple times before. Don't feel that stupid. Bound to happen as there's two of the same ports right next to each other. I'm sure Chord would've accounted for it in the design.
I guess we all have done it at some point and I don’t think it does any damage to Mojo and if it does then it would be stupid design choice.
I had the same thought as yours. And I think nowadays chargers are smarter, they only provide current when they receive a signal from the device. The charging port has a power management chip to send this signal while the audio signal port doesn't.

Nov 14, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #42,059 of 42,765
I was out today listening to my MojoPoly when the unit shut off unexpectedly. At first I thought the battery, but really questioned that as it was only a few hours since my last charge.

I then shock the combo and heard some rattling inside one of the two. When I returned home, I discovered that the rattle was in the Mojo. After opening the Mojo, I saw a very small hex screw that was moving freely near the periphery of the unit. I could not identify where the missing screw belonged, but I removed it and sealed up the Mojo. It appears to be working well, minus the screw.

Does anyone know where the internal screw belongs? I'd like to make the Mojo whole, but did not want to venture into places unknown.

IMG_0336.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back